How to use Mango Butter and other Hair Butters

virtuenow

Steps for those who have trouble with the thick texture of the hair butters or those who need a new technique:

When using hair butter, such as Elasta QP's Mango Butter, Shea Butter, coconut oil, etc, try the following steps:

(1) take a very small amount on your finger- about 1/8 dime,
(2) rub your fingers together, (3) the butter should begin to melt into your finger and glisten/shine, (4) once see and feel the shine, apply to a small section of hair. Repeat.

Once you get this technique down, your hair should feel super soft and moisturized. I have a hard natural 4bc type hair that stays dry! I couldn't find anything that would make my hair feel soft or alive until I discovered Elasta QP Mango Butter. Now I find that Shea Butter and Coconut oil provide lovely results as well!

I originally tried Mango Butter per recommendations from LCHF last year. After I bought it I was highly dissapointed. I thought it was too thick and could not penetrate my hair. It just kind of laid on my hair.

After about 6months, I opened the jar that I had put away after one or two uses. I was just about to throw it away- but decided to give it one last try. The butter was hard and waxy. I put a little on my fingers and rubbed it until it got soft between my fingers. I could feel it sinking into my skin! I put it on my hair and ---WOW! It was so soft! I understood what LCHFers were talking about. Thanks :)