How you gonna be a representative of Christ....

B

Bublnbrnsuga

when you have road rage from hell?:lachen: Naw,but seriously ,I need to work on this FOR REAL! It's like I turn into a totally different person behind the wheel. I get strong urges to give someone the middle finger or shaking my fist at them. I have been in an accident with my mother (not our fault) and I promise I wanted to beat the living daylights out of the other person! Joyce Meyers got on me really bad (you know those sermons where you feel like the pastors' all in your biz) about how we have a Jesus bumper sticker on our cars,but get angry as all get out when someone cuts in front of us? Does anyone feel me?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have road rage too! I can't help it when people don't use their signals or try to come over in front of me all fast or just can't plain drive! :rofl:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
This is a great thread. Many Christians don't think of their driving habits(need of improvement) as being yet another part of their walk with the Lord. I can't stand bad drivers, slow drivers, people gettin' in front of me without signaling, people that stop at right turn arrows...

I do remember one Christian sister breaking down because she was struggling with speeding! Wow, but true--even 1 mile over, we are sinning. Lord, forgive me!

shinyblackhair

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Joyce Meyers got on me really bad (you know those sermons where you feel like the pastors' all in your biz) about how we have a Jesus bumper sticker on our cars,but get angry as all get out when someone cuts in front of us? Does anyone feel me?

ROFL! I remember when she said that it's so true! :)

Phoenix

I have this problem too! Until a few months ago I lived about 12 minutes away from my job, so driving wasn't that big of a deal. Then I got married and my husband and I moved to the middle of nowhere so I now have a 45 minute- 1 hour drive to work each way and I developed terrible road rage. It has gotten to where my commute sets the mood for my whole day. If there is traffic or people are driving crazy, I can be in a bad mood for the whole day! So far I haven't yelled at anyone or given them the finger, but I certainly curse them to myself. I know this can't be healthy or Christ-like. I really wish I could avoid driving all together, but I live in Houston where public transportation is non-existent. But, I definitely have to get this problem under control. Oh wait, I lied...now that I think about it I did give someone the finger once!

mswinni

Phoenix said:
I have this problem too! Until a few months ago I lived about 12 minutes away from my job, so driving wasn't that big of a deal. Then I got married and my husband and I moved to the middle of nowhere so I now have a 45 minute- 1 hour drive to work each way and I developed terrible road rage. It has gotten to where my commute sets the mood for my whole day. If there is traffic or people are driving crazy, I can be in a bad mood for the whole day! So far I haven't yelled at anyone or given them the finger, but I certainly curse them to myself. I know this can't be healthy or Christ-like. I really wish I could avoid driving all together, but I live in Houston where public transportation is non-existent. But, I definitely have to get this problem under control. Oh wait, I lied...now that I think about it I did give someone the finger once!

These Houston Drivers are HORRIBLE! They will make you lose yur religion. :lol:

Sweet C

Girl, this is seriously a deliverance thread. I go head and cast my lot in, cause I use to have some serious road rage. It has calmed down a lot as far as attitude, but now we have to work on speeding (its a family trait, all women in my fam have a heavy foot). Y'all just pray for me on this one, cause I need some help with my foot.

Honeyhips

Lovely
This made me laugh b/c once again I'm being talked about. Same with the attitude in church thread. I had to admit last nite that I can get an attitude in a minute.