Hyaluronic Acid And Hair

Alma Petra

I have been holding onto a bag of Hyaluronic acid for a few years now. I was going to create a conditioner mix with it.
If you start a challenge let me know. Can you also add in ingredients/instructions to a good mix?

Oh yeah? Sounds like a good idea. I might actually go ahead and start a challenge thread when I receive my HA package. I will tag you if I do. And I'll let you know how I make my mix.

That one is only 1% though. Is the 2% more effective?

I have been wondering about the same thing. It's difficult to tell. But I thought of making a 5% mix when I saw that there are some serums out there that say 5% HA mixed with other stuff. I thought that there must be an added benefit to the higher concentration for these people to adopt it in their products. We will see as the challenge unfolds I guess.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
According to dermatologist Dr. Paradi Mirmirani, hyaluronic acid is similar to a fertilizer because it can increase hair growth and the strand diameter--thicker hair. It is not only found in topical beauty products, but it can be taken orally as supplements. Some women choose to get it injected in depressed areas. Note that the injections are not permanent and will require more regular maintenance. Dermatologists have not determined whether taking HA orally or applying it topically works better, but adding both methods in our daily routines could create a desirable effect on our skin, hair, and bodies.

https://www.naturallycurly.com/curl...enefits-of-hyaluronic-acid-for-skin-and-hair/

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I just wanted to mention something re: The Ordinary brand HA vs other formulations and why the one in the OP might be superior. It will be interesting to see results using any HA though.

This is from the one on the Deciem site:
Note: Hyaluronic Acid is found in the skin naturally but its natural function within the skin is not hydration. Many products have used HA to claim hydration benefits, but HA is too large of a molecule to penetrate the skin and instead sits on the surface and can draw moisture out of the skin making the surface feel soft and hydrated temporarily, while making you feel like you need more HA after the product is rinsed. This formula uses three forms of HA with varying molecular weights, as well as an HA crosspolymer, to offer multi-depth hydration and visible plumping without drawing water out of the skin solely to improve temporary surface hydration.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
Welp, bad news :(
I have a number of scattered very small red bumps on my scalp mainly in the areas where I most heavily applied the serum :cry3:. As if my pores are clogged or something.
I guess I will have to retire it because it's causing irritation for one reason or another.
I have to drop out of the challenge. I guess I can use the serum on my face. I used it last night and my face seemed to like it.

sharifeh

Welp, bad news :(
I have a number of scattered very small red bumps on my scalp mainly in the areas where I most heavily applied the serum :cry3:. As if my pores are clogged or something.
I guess I will have to retire it because it's causing irritation for one reason or another.
I have to drop out of the challenge. I guess I can use the serum on my face. I used it last night and my face seemed to like it.

maybe you put too much ??

Harina

Oh really...

Also this is amusing because this whole brand started when women starting using the founder's handcream (Hand Chemistry) for their face because they were getting such good results on their hands.

GGsKin

I'm going through my Bravura serum way too fast. The witch hazel in my formula may also be a little drying for my scalp. I'll pick up a couple bottles of the Ordinary brand.