I am torn...

Penspringz

Please advise me...
I have natural hair that has never been relaxed (apart from one brief incident when I was very young) and I feel that I am missing out on something. I'm 20 and am always wearing my hair in straight weaves anyway but I also love taking my hair out and playing with it. I love natural hair but also love straight syles. I am curious to see how my hair will do when left out of weaves but the only way I would leave it out would be if it os relaxed so should I just relax?

What do you think? All suggestions are appreciated.
I have a fotki album at public.fotki.com/penspringz

BillyJay

Why don't you try flat-ironing maybe 1x week and wrapping to keep the straight look? You will have to DC alot to counteract any damage caused by heat.

Summertime is approaching so I know sweating will probably be a problem especially if you want that straight look.

You really have to assess if you want to relax. Its a big decision. The bright side is the fact that if you dont like it, you can always grow it out again.

PinkSkates

I agree with Billyjay. Try flat ironing and wrapping your real hair and see how long that last. I think every woman should be familiar with their natural hair before deciding to put a relaxer in. When I press my hair it stays straight for 2 weeks. Then when I shampoo again I will go natural for a couple of weeks. Its my way having the best of both worlds. But if you do decide to relax, you are in the right place; because I have never seen so many ladies with beautiful relaxed healthy hair. They can definitely help you keep your relaxed hair thriving. :)

CAPlush

I don't think anyone here could say whether you should eventually relax, but going from wearing a weave all the time to relaxed hair is probably not a good idea. I encourage you to give yourself a break from the weaves, wash, condition and style your own hair. A light press or a blowout are good ways to get a straight look. If you go to a stylist make sure they use a ceramic flat iron.:)