I cut 3-4 inches today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

syze6

I have been battling thin ends and I got tired of it. I couldn't comb through my hair with out snags and tears. The ends were literally sticking to each other and tangling. When I would wear it down you could see through the ends and I had breakage in the back middle area. At first I was going to just let it grow out and then trim eventually. I decided to get it over with and cut off the thin areas.

I figured it would just keep growing and become thinner and who needs long see through hair. I got my hair cut in long layers and the stylist cut about 3 to 4 inches. I can really feel a difference and it looks a lot thicker than before. I can comb through it without the thin ends snagging in the comb and my ponytail looks and feels alot thicker. Yeah Super cuts!!!!

dlewis

Last year I had 6 inches cut, so now I get reg. trims. Your hair prob. looks a lot better without the thin ends. Do you know what caused the thin ends? I believe it's important to figure that out, so you will know what not to do.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
syze6 said:
I have been battling thin ends and I got tired of it. I couldn't comb through my hair with out snags and tears. The ends were literally sticking to each other and tangling. When I would wear it down you could see through the ends and I had breakage in the back middle area. At first I was going to just let it grow out and then trim eventually. I decided to get it over with and cut off the thin areas.

I figured it would just keep growing and become thinner and who needs long see through hair. I got my hair cut in long layers and the stylist cut about 3 to 4 inches. I can really feel a difference and it looks a lot thicker than before. I can comb through it without the thin ends snagging in the comb and my ponytail looks and feels alot thicker. Yeah Super cuts!!!!
I understand this completely. I was in the same boat recently. I know your hair is loving you for this. I am sure you and your hair look great!!:)

syze6

My stylist told me because I never combed through my hair to remove hair that shedded, they basically tangled with the healthy hair. All the snagging and combing caused my ends to thin. I would wear a ponytail from Sunday to Sunday and never take it down.

BrownBetty

I feel you, I was passed bra strap and had to cut 3.5". My hair is a whole lot better now. My problem was that 3 years ago my hair was a mess and I trimmed but never go a real cut so the splits and the damage just stayed as my hair got longer. I have long layers they are very light, I can comb my hair and not have a handful of small hairs everywhere.

syze6

MissVee, that is exactly what was happening. Although, I was getting regular trims the damage that traveled up the hair strand 2 or 3 inches was never fixed because only my ends were trimmed. I would have hair that would fall measuring any wear form 1 to 4 inches. My stylist said it was the breakage point where the split traveled up the strand. This evetually lead to thinning although it was continuing to grow. My hair looks a lot fuller.

Kimberly

I've been contemplating doing this same thing. I'm so close to my goal but I feel like my hair looks a hot mess. You are so brave. I'm so proud. I wish I had the courage to follow suit but my hair has never been this long before. What if I cut it and it stopped growing? Then, I was thinking today, what if I reach brastrap and only have a dozen long strands because the rest of it broke off? I know my first goal is healthy hair but that was when it was short and I only dreamed that I would be so close...2 inches from brastrap...

I wish I could do it. I am scared that if I go to a salon now, they'll want to cut it down to about 4 inches long all over...

plainj

Good for you. I recently did the same thing b/c my hair was so damaged. Doesn't it feel so good? My hair feels so much more healthy now. It's easier to take care of too. You'll get that length back in no time.