I don't know if myhair is growing or I'm pulling them out

Dannygirl

I keep my braids up in a high ponytail and some reason parts of my hair it seems to look as if its growing.. (Been on vitimans for a month long with MTG' and SUrgying now and then).. while others...look they they havnt grown at all... whats your take?:confused:

Dannygirl

Mod's can you change the title to " I don't know if my hair is growing out or I'm pulling the braids out of my hair" '

:D thanks

Radianthealth

Please be very very very careful with putting braids up into ponytails. If the ponytail is too tight it could pull your hair from the root.

My hairline was extremely damaged due to wearing tight high ponytails while wearing braids.

Be very gentle with your braids and be sure to moisturize and care for your hair as if you weren't in braids.

www.growafrohairlong.com

This is a great website to help you care for your braids.

I wish you the best of luck...you seem really enthusiastic...I can't wait to see your progress:D :D :D

Catina72

You may wanna be careful of pulling the braids up too high. I was a braid victim for far too long. I would get them braided too tight first off, then I wore them up high all the time, my nape and hairline suffered greatly. Ok fast forward a year later to now, I just took out some basic big cornrow braids (10 total) and I noticed the back was darn near loose enough to pull apart, but the front was still neat and the parts were still visible. Mind you, I only kept them in for 8 days but I think my back grows way faster then the front. Braids can definately show you that, what parts grow faster. HTH!!