I don't understand why believers refer to themselves as sinners

makeupgirl

Revelation 20:11-13 (New International Version)

The Dead Are Judged

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

Does this mean we will still have to give an accout for actions we've repented for? :perplexed

I'm honestly not sure. I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to be out of whack this week but Lord Willing I see next week, I'll ask my Pastor this question. Very interesting question indeed.

Mamita

Back to basics
I think it's only a matter of humility and not putting ourselves as high as THEE most high who is righteous holy and perfect. Like some already said we ARE born in sin, what we can control is whether we die in it or not

proverbs 27:2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

luke 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

1st corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

better be humble till the end

Also in Holiness we make the difference between a "stone cold sinner" and the person seeking the Lord changing their conversation and sinning along the way working on it.

Last edited: