I got my hair cut! Lots of pictures!

anon123

My boyfriend cut my hair. He did a pretty good job, too. :grin: I don't trust stylists to do what I say, and I couldn't do the back myself, so it was him. I've been complaining about these layers for more than a year now, so I finally decided to do something about it.

I straightened my hair as much as I could, I never get it completely straight. As I flat ironed (comb chase method, 350 degrees) each section, I trimmed the ends about 1/2". This was a stretched picture before trimming of my bottom layer:

dec2209crop.jpg

This is after flat ironing, after the trim, and before the cut.

precut2.jpg

Before trim:

precut4.jpg

I tried to get him to cut a U shape, which is my preferred shape. He tried, but he didn't feel confident and didn't really get the U shape. So I just had him cut it more or less even. I measured a strand of cut hair and it was 3". Even though I "straightened", there was still a lot of shrinkage, so it's hard to tell.

postcut1.jpg

More post cut pictures:
postcut2.jpg

postcut4.jpg

postcut5.jpg

Last edited:
He did a very good job :yep:. He only cut an inch off, and your hair looks very even and nice. Wow, your hair is very long!

Your hair is beautiful! Good on your boyfriend for knowing his limits and not turning a trim into a haircut.

your hair is so beautiful. you're my most envied natural head on this board.

those stretched pictures are just....wow.

Your bf did a beautiful job, I just love your hair. I put 1 of your hair pics in my inspiration album a while back. I hope you don't mind:grin:.

So thick and healthy!! How long did all this take with that mane?

Thank you. I'm so embarrassed to say how long it took. I think the straightening took 5 hours. :nono: I took 3 hours at night and started again the next morning. It totally reminded me why I don't do this often. Funny enough, I want to do it more often. At least once a month. I've been meaning to do so, but I get lazy. I hope it will help with my tangling.

Awesome, Mwedzi. Man I just love your hair!!

Oh .. and good job on the trim, boyfriend! :grin:

He did a very good job. Your hair always looks so full and thick but it looks even more so that way now. Oh to have so much hair! *swoons*

Back