I Got My Regime Down Pat (!!!)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
MY REGIME (updated 3/29/05):
Once a week...
1. Wet hair and pre-poo with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Hot 6 Oil for 30-45 mins
2. Shampoo with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (need to buy this weekend)
3. Condition with Suave Professional Humectant for 30-60 mins
Once a month...
1. Clarify with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo
2. Protein Treatment with ?? (either Aphogee or ElastaQP) for 15-30 mins
*after using a sample of ApHogee treatment on Sat., I noticed a big improvement in my hair so I decided to go back to doing them! ;)

WINTER/SPRING:
Apply S-Curl and Citre Shine Gel all over hair and put hair into a bun covered with a stocking cap and coily/spirally phony-pony. Touch-up edges with S-Curl and Citre Shine Gel throughout the week.

SUMMER/FALL:
Braid challenge - Wear cornrows for three weeks, rest one week (wear a bun), and so on.

Just wanted to share!!! :grin:

Last edited:

brickhouse

Good for you. I know I have to get a regimen but since I am pratically brastrap but I am not sure since I have so much new growth, I have started slacking.

Poohbear

Allandra said:
How long do you plan on sticking to this regimen? Just curious.
;) For the rest of the year of 2005. :yep: I think this regime will help me be consistent if I just write it out and plan to do this on the weekend of each week. :)

Allandra

Poohbear said:
;) For the rest of the year of 2005. :yep: I think this regime will help me be consistent if I just write it out and plan to do this on the weekend of each week. :)
Great. Sounds like a plan.

Jewell

Sounds like a good simple regimen! Simplicity is the key, and so is consistency...SIDEBAR: I've noticed that S-Curl makes my hair shed a little more when I use it...has anyone else noticed this? (I usually lose about 6 hairs, but whenever I apply S-Curl, I lose more like 15). Isn't this strange? I'm not going to use it anymore!

Poohbear

Jewell said:
Sounds like a good simple regimen! Simplicity is the key, and so is consistency...SIDEBAR: I've noticed that S-Curl makes my hair shed a little more when I use it...has anyone else noticed this? (I usually lose about 6 hairs, but whenever I apply S-Curl, I lose more like 15). Isn't this strange? I'm not going to use it anymore!
What style do you wear your hair in when using S-Curl? How often do you comb your hair?

From using S-Curl, I haven't noticed any more shedding than I usually get, but I just leave my hair in a bun for the whole week; I don't take it down until my next wash. Also, when it comes to my hair, I worry more about breakage than shedding. ;)

Jewell

Poohbear said:
What style do you wear your hair in when using S-Curl? How often do you comb your hair?

From using S-Curl, I haven't noticed any more shedding than I usually get, but I just leave my hair in a bun for the whole week; I don't take it down until my next wash. Also, when it comes to my hair, I worry more about breakage than shedding. ;)

I wear my hair in a braid. I comb everyday, while wet with conditioner in it in the shower...then I add my Infusium 23, Nexxus Headress with EVOO added, and Vatika Oil. It wasn't breakage just long hairs...like they were shed from the scalp. I use a really wide-tooth comb to do all my combing (a wet comb), and I never comb when my hair is dry. I just comb the conditioner thru in the shower, detangle, and I braid my hair until the next day's CO wash. I may take it down at night to oil it and rebraid. No combing or brushing! This is weird! I don't think I'll throw it away...I'll just stick it in the back of my closet in case I need it later. :)

phynestone

That's great! Are you going to switch up any of your products during the year just in case your hair gets used to them or is your hair fine with that?

Poohbear

Jewell said:
I wear my hair in a braid. I comb everyday, while wet with conditioner in it in the shower...then I add my Infusium 23, Nexxus Headress with EVOO added, and Vatika Oil. It wasn't breakage just long hairs...like they were shed from the scalp. I use a really wide-tooth comb to do all my combing (a wet comb), and I never comb when my hair is dry. I just comb the conditioner thru in the shower, detangle, and I braid my hair until the next day's CO wash. I may take it down at night to oil it and rebraid. No combing or brushing! This is weird! I don't think I'll throw it away...I'll just stick it in the back of my closet in case I need it later. :)
Oh okay. I only comb my hair once a week (the day I wash). Since you wet and comb your hair daily, that's probably why you get shedding. All my shedding comes during my wash day but I dont think it's from S-Curl. ;)

Poohbear

19sweetie said:
That's great! Are you going to switch up any of your products during the year just in case your hair gets used to them or is your hair fine with that?
I'll just keep the same products throughout the whole year to save money. My hait doesn't have a problem with using the same products. Plus, I'm not too big on products and only got into using more products when I joined this forum in April 2004 (before then, the only products I used was relaxer, shampoo, and grease! :grin: ). I'm the type of person who likes to use up the whole product before buying another one... and I also don't want to become a PJ. ;)

Ashee

Oh yeah!!
The hair coming out during wash day can be the worst. Try finger combing your hair while the water runs on it. That could help with pulling the hair out, breakage, & unneeded "shedding".
Yesterday was the first time in a long while that I saw more than 10-15 strands of hair & that's only because I picked up a comb. :wallbash:
I think my hair is still too tender for the comb or it just doesn't like it. I only use wide-tooth combs too... :(

Poohbear

Ashee said:
Oh yeah!!
The hair coming out during wash day can be the worst. Try finger combing your hair while the water runs on it. That could help with pulling the hair out, breakage, & unneeded "shedding".
Yesterday was the first time in a long while that I saw more than 10-15 strands of hair & that's only because I picked up a comb. :wallbash:
I think my hair is still too tender for the comb or it just doesn't like it. I only use wide-tooth combs too... :(
I agree. I only use a comb to detangle really. When water is running down my hair, I use my fingers. When I get out of the shower, I detangle my hair in four sections.