I have the Joico K-Pak line now what? I have a question

nychaelasymone

I have Joico
K-Pak reconstruct poo & conditioner
K-Pak deep-penetrating reconstructor
K-pak intense hydrator

Now that I have these, what should I use first and in what order. (btw, Ulta has salon grade samples for $3.95 and biosilk samples for .99

Please help me, I gotta get my hair back on track...I'm getting married in a year and my hates me right now!!!!!!

oh yeah, Burts Bees has a pre-poo called avocoado butter (smells lovely)...verdict is still out on it but just thought I'd share.

robot.

You use it in just the order you posted it. :yep: They also tell you in the directions on the bottles.

I just used it for the first time yesterday and I feel as though my breakage has halved at the least! I'm very excited to use it further.

taz007

I have Joico
K-Pak reconstruct poo & conditioner
K-Pak deep-penetrating reconstructor
K-pak intense hydrator

Now that I have these, what should I use first and in what order. (btw, Ulta has salon grade samples for $3.95 and biosilk samples for .99

Please help me, I gotta get my hair back on track...I'm getting married in a year and my hates me right now!!!!!!

oh yeah, Burts Bees has a pre-poo called avocoado butter (smells lovely)...verdict is still out on it but just thought I'd share.

I LOVE Joico. I use the poo every other week and the conditioner OR the reconstructor after every wash.

I use the intense hydrator after my henna treatments. I think that the Joico line saved my hair!

nychaelasymone

I'm going to clarify first

but my question is, should I use the poo and deep penetrating reconstructor alone or do I need to use the intense hydrator after the the reconstructor

robot.

You can use either the reconstructor or hydrator alone, but the bottle recommends to follow up the recon with the hydrator.

taz007

my bottle doesn't say that.....I hope I don't have a bogus bottle

My bottle doesn't say that either. I pretty much only use the reconstructor with a relaxer. Otherwise I use the conditioner rinse it out, apply a leave-in with SAA (silk amino acids) and seal.

nychaelasymone

My bottle doesn't say that either. I pretty much only use the reconstructor with a relaxer. Otherwise I use the conditioner rinse it out, apply a leave-in with SAA (silk amino acids) and seal.

thank u for this info. I think I'm prepared to use this stuff now

HoneyDew

If you have the smaller bottles they don't give as much info as the bigger ones.

My hydrator says you can use it alone or after the other.

But my conditioner and reconstructor do not refer to the hydrator.

Only the hydrator says you can use it alone or with the others.

taz007

If you have the smaller bottles they don't give as much info as the bigger ones.

My hydrator says you can use it alone or after the other.

But my conditioner and reconstructor do not refer to the hydrator.

Only the hydrator says you can use it alone or with the others.

My Joico K-Pak reconstructor is 33.8 fl oz. The directions read:

Apply to damp hair. Leave in for 5 minutes. Rinse.

It does not say to follow up with a moisturizer.

Thanks for saying that. I thought I was missing something ...

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Oh this is how I use it. :lol:

I don't really use the conditioner. I need to implement that. I have a liter of it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hydrator. i use it alone as a deep conditioner. I like using it on relaxer day because of the ph level and the protein.

I also love this one as a rinse out. It very versatile for me.

The reconstructor I use as needed for protein.

Honestly I am good with just the hydrator for the most part.

HoneyDew

My Joico K-Pak reconstructor is 33.8 fl oz. The directions read:

Apply to damp hair. Leave in for 5 minutes. Rinse.

It does not say to follow up with a moisturizer.

Thanks for saying that. I thought I was missing something ...

:yep: Yep that's it.

I love these products, btw.

I also have the shampoo. I use it before my color-coded neutralizing shampoo. I like the protein and pH levels, so I prefer it over using a conditioner before neutralizing shampoo. Then I go ahead and use the color-coded shampoo I have to make sure i'm straight.

I am a Joico k-pak ho. Yall not going to be able to tell me anything when I get those professional products from the line.

taz007

:yep: Yep that's it.

I love these products, btw.

I also have the shampoo. I use it before my color-coded neutralizing shampoo. I like the protein and pH levels, so I prefer it over using a conditioner before neutralizing shampoo. Then I go ahead and use the color-coded shampoo I have to make sure i'm straight.

I am a Joico k-pak ho. Yall not going to be able to tell me anything when I get those professional products from the line.

Wha??? I thought that was my title :rolleyes:.

:lachen::lachen: