From the ROOTA to the TOOTA..BUN Wearers let me know....

ccd

OK...Bun wearers, bun challengers and occasional wash and buners...WHAT"S THE deal

1-how long do you wear that bun?

2-are you taking down every night to oil and moisturize?

3-How many days do you condition wash? meaning every day, every other, every 2..if its every other or so, what are you doing in between the CW? spraying and oiling?

4- AND DO you detangle every time you CW, are you putting a comb thru your hair???? THIS IS THE MOST PRESSIN' ONE FOR ME I need to know...and if not, how are you handling your hair?

HELP me PLEASE...what is you regime when you wear a bun.....I try to do the bun thing every few weeks....this past time and even the last time I did it

I Condition washed every night or every other...put moisturizers...oil and leave-in so my hair wouldn't look dry and frizzy...then IC Fantasia to smooth it out in the morning

SO ...WHYYYYyyyy did I get TANGLES!!!! I mean TANGLESSSSSS for the Roota to the Toota

I found them mid shaft and up towards the roots....I nearly used the entire bottle of water and Pantene mix...and IC Fantasia Serum to try to work it out.
I everntually got thru it (1Hr and 1/2 to put rollers) /images/graemlins/whyme.gif /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

I almost passed out I don't think I can do the bun thing like this!!!! I went slowly thru my hair but I was HORIFFIED.....CONSTANT BUN Wearer HOW DO ya'll DO it???

Editted to say: Forgot to mention I wore the bun for about a week and a half, CW and detangled maybe 4x in the 12days of wearing the bun..I used I come twice then my fingers then other 2 times.......

Allandra

I wear a bun from the time I get up in the morning until late evening.

I take my bun down every night. I moisturize my hair in the morning.

3-How many days do you condition wash? meaning every day, every other, every 2..if its every other or so, what are you doing in between the CW? spraying and oiling?

I haven't did a condition wash in a while. I'm just shampooing once a week (just been busy).

4- AND DO you detangle every time you CW, are you putting a comb thru your hair???? THIS IS THE MOST PRESSIN' ONE FOR ME I need to know...and if not, how are you handling your hair?

When I used to conditioner wash, I would always detangle my hair with a comb. I would never ever put my hair in a bun without detangling with a comb first. It would probably be a mess when I took my bun down at the end of the day (not to mention tangle city).

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
wow...no one huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's only been an hour since you started your thread. Give the members a little time. I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ccd

Thanks Allandra..I was hoping you would see this...Thanks for both !!!your posts /images/graemlins/wave.gif

AceH

<font color="blue"> I wear my bun all day - from the minute I'm done getting ready until the time I get ready to wrap my hair up at night. </font>

<font color="blue"> Yes. I take it down every night, and I moisturize it at night before I wrap it up with Softsheen Gold. At that time, I work the Softsheen through my hair and detangle with my fingers. That process takes about 15 minutes - maybe longer the day after wash day. As the days following my wash goes by, it takes less and less time to detangle because pretty soon, there's nothing to detangle and it's wash day again - it's a vicious cycle /images/graemlins/rofl.gif</font>

<font color="blue"> I usually wash my hair 1-2 times per week. I condition wash every once in a great while. I usually do a deep conditoning treatment once per week, and I wash/condition with NTM. </font>

<font color="blue"> See my answer to #2. I do NOT use a comb. I have a seamless shower comb and wide tooth comb, but I rarely use them. I handle my hair with a very moisturing product, and I detangle with my fingers. Little to NO breakage and VERY moisturized hair.

That's basically my regimen, but I strive to keep my ends moisturized as well. I put product in my hair at night, and when I wake up, it's very moisturized and soft. I do this for about 3-4 nights in a row following wash day. In the morning, I may apply more Softsheen moisturizer/activator, but I mainly use my IC hair polisher and a mix of oils to the top layer as I use a brush to make my bun neat. HTH </font>

babyblue

*up to a week.

*No. usually by mid week i take it down to check my ends for dryness. If they are ok i just put some more moisturizer on the ends and pin it back up and leave it like that till my next shampoo. If they are feeling dry i do a conditioner wash then moisturize and put my bun back up.

*During the warmer months i would conditioner wash 1-2x a week in between my regular weekly shampoos depending on how my hair felt. Now that its getting colder im just going to shampoo weekly. If needed i will spray my ends with water and add moisturizer.

*During conditioner washes I usually finger comb. sometimes i may pick out my ends a little bit with a wide tooth comb, but for the most part i only do my major detangling only once a week.

skegeesmb

Hello! Sorry to hear about your drama with the bun. Here's my answers.

I wear the bun 4-5 times a week for the most part. During the weekend I wear my hair tied up I don't take it down unless I'm going out. If I do go out, depending on how long it is I'll wear the bun, of if it's an hour or two I wear my hair down.

I take my bun down every night. When I get in the house I usually let my hair down before I wrap it up at night. I wear it down for a few hours. Usually by 7 I tie it up for the night. I do moisturize with wildgrowth hair oil.

Girl, I don't condition wash. I used to when I taught in grad school, but being at work for 7.5 hours a day, when I get home I don't want to do anything let alone condition wash, so I skip that.

Hee Hee, this doesn't apply to me. And for the moment thank goodness! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
ccd,

I'm guessing ROOTA = ROOTS and TOOTA = TIPS. Then again, I could be wrong. Do tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah Definitely ...I hope it doesn't usually mean anything vulgar!! yeah thats what I meant my tangles where from the roots down to the tips....ahhhh you can imagine my stress!!!!!

ccd

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I wear my bun all day - from the minute I'm done getting ready until the time I get ready to wrap my hair up at night. </font>

<font color="blue"> Yes. I take it down every night, and I moisturize it at night before I wrap it up with Softsheen Gold. At that time, I work the Softsheen through my hair and detangle with my fingers. That process takes about 15 minutes - maybe longer the day after wash day. As the days following my wash goes by, it takes less and less time to detangle because pretty soon, there's nothing to detangle and it's wash day again - it's a vicious cycle /images/graemlins/rofl.gif</font>

<font color="blue"> I usually wash my hair 1-2 times per week. I condition wash every once in a great while. I usually do a deep conditoning treatment once per week, and I wash/condition with NTM. </font>

<font color="blue"> See my answer to #2. I do NOT use a comb. I have a seamless shower comb and wide tooth comb, but I rarely use them. I handle my hair with a very moisturing product, and I detangle with my fingers. Little to NO breakage and VERY moisturized hair.

That's basically my regimen, but I strive to keep my ends moisturized as well. I put product in my hair at night, and when I wake up, it's very moisturized and soft. I do this for about 3-4 nights in a row following wash day. In the morning, I may apply more Softsheen moisturizer/activator, but I mainly use my IC hair polisher and a mix of oils to the top layer as I use a brush to make my bun neat. HTH </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Softsheen gold uh (is that curl activator spray?)...so that helps detangle and moisturize.....
Also you are wearing the bun daily but are you wearing it 3 days in a row before you wash again?

OOooo NEVER mind!!!! I see the answer at the bottom...I am so frantic and frenzied I'm missin' things and writing TypoS!!!!
THANKS FOR THESE REPONSES EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

ccd

[ QUOTE ]

I wear the bun 4-5 times a week for the most part. During the weekend I wear my hair tied up I don't take it down unless I'm going out. If I do go out, depending on how long it is I'll wear the bun, of if it's an hour or two I wear my hair down.

I take my bun down every night. When I get in the house I usually let my hair down before I wrap it up at night. I wear it down for a few hours. Usually by 7 I tie it up for the night. I do moisturize with wildgrowth hair oil.

Girl, I don't condition wash. I used to when I taught in grad school, but being at work for 7.5 hours a day, when I get home I don't want to do anything let alone condition wash, so I skip that.

Hee Hee, this doesn't apply to me. And for the moment thank goodness! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SO Skegee.....Is this a wet/airdryed bun or a rollerset dry bun? Cause my drama is from washing my hair on a Tuesday ( lets say) then bunning it right away...airdrying it in a bun....... then leaving it in the bun style for a week and 1/2...CW in between etc...
After reading these posts
I think I need to shorten the amount of time its in the bun...maybe I should bun for 4 days at most then CW or Wash and Detangle...... every 4 days

Thanks again all

POOHBEAR Thanks for the link /images/graemlins/wave.gif

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SO Skegee.....Is this a wet/airdryed bun or a rollerset dry bun? Cause my drama is from washing my hair on a Tuesday ( lets say) then bunning it right away...airdrying it in a bun....... then leaving it in the bun style for a week and 1/2...CW in between etc...
I think I need to shorten the amount of time its in the bun...maybe I should bun for 4 days at most then CW or Wash and Detangle...... every 4 days

Thanks again all

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately it's been the wash blowdried and flatironed bun. I haven't really been in the mood to rollerset, and when I airdry my hair tangles really badly. So I don't airdry in a bun anymore unless I just really don't want to blowdry/flatiron, or rollerset/flatiron. When I go about this way I don't moisturize or CW at all, I try to manipulate my hair as little as possible and I let the shower when I actually wash my hair do the detangling.

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again all

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately it's been the wash blowdried and flatironed bun. I haven't really been in the mood to rollerset, and when I airdry my hair tangles really badly. So I don't airdry in a bun anymore unless I just really don't want to blowdry/flatiron, or rollerset/flatiron. When I go about this way I don't moisturize or CW at all, I try to manipulate my hair as little as possible and I let the shower when I actually wash my hair do the detangling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok! now that makes sense...THANKS !!!! And.....
Am I REALLLLLLYYY Late or did you just have a little one? (re:your avatar?)!!!!!! If so!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Faith

<font color="red">I wear it until the next wash day so 7-14 days. The reason it lasts longer for me is because I put my hair in a ponytail and then braid it and then I twist it into a bun and baggie it.</font>
<font color="red">No, I only oil/moisturize the hair that is showing..so my crown and sides..not the length in the bun </font>
3-How many days do you condition wash? meaning every day, every other, every 2..if its every other or so, what are you doing in between the CW? <font color="red">I CW every 7-14 days now. I was doing it 2x/week but the snow is here now so..... /images/graemlins/frown.gif </font> spraying and oiling? <font color="red">I was oiling and spraying daily but since I found something that keeps it softer for a longer period I'm only doing it every other day</font>

4- AND DO you detangle every time you CW, are you putting a comb thru your hair???? <font color="red">Yes...I only comb in the shower with conditioner in and with my jilbere shower comb</font>

Nyambura

surfer girl

<font color="brown">I wear a bun basically everyday. It saves time and energy. I also follow the braided-bun steps Faith outlined above.
</font>

<font color="brown">I typically moisturize and oil the exposed hair (I usually wear a phonytail). If my ends feel dry, then I moisturize them too, but my ends are usually in good shape. </font>

3-How many days do you condition wash? meaning every day, every other, every 2..if its every other or so, what are you doing in between the CW?

<font color="brown">Now that the air is drier up here, I CW maybe once a week b/t shampoos. In b/t the CW, if it's not my weekly shampoo then I leave my hair alone, not withstanding my answer in #2.</font> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

4- AND DO you detangle every time you CW, are you putting a comb thru your hair????

<font color="brown">No. I'm trying to get away from combing or brushing as much as possible, although I'll use a seamless, wide-tooth comb for post-shampoo conditioning and a rat tail comb for styling (e.g., parts). I typically use a detangling conditioner, like Motions Moisture Plus, in the shower and detangle my almost non-existent tangles with my fingers under the force of the spray, with my head tilted back. HTH. Good luck! </font>

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I wear a bun 7 days a week. I wash twice a week and sometimes I may CW if I need to relax. I take my bun down in the evening, moisturize, put my hair into a loose ponytail and cover it with a baggie. I cover my head and go to sleep. In the morning I take off the baggie and bun it up or just cover it with a phony bun and go.

I only detangle when I wash. I do a pre treatment with olive oil and honey, shampoo and condition. When I'm ready to rinse the conditoner I detangle with my shower comb under the shower spray. I use my hands and fingers to detangle if necesary and bun it up to dry.

I do air dry in a ponytail and put it up in a bun while damp. Hardly any tangles through the entire process.

dreemssold

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I haven't heard anyone say "from the roota to the toota" since I lived in Kentucky...that's hilarious.

I put mine in once I take my satin bonnet off in the morning (afternoon...whenever I get up and get gone), and I take it down once I get ready to put my bonnet back on at night.

YES.

My routine switches up fairly often. Last month (and part of this month) I was CO washing all the time because I was Surging AND doing the baggie method. Now, I am having my hair roller set once a week and then putting my bun in as soon as I get out of the chair. In between, I am oiling each night, and doing a pre-poo treatment the night before I go to the Dominican salon.

When I was CO washing, yes, I would detangle using my seamless comb after I'd rinse. Then I'd do the baggie method. If I was leaving the house, I'd take the baggie up and just pin the bun. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.