I Keep Hearing Believers Talk About Soulmates

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I had let this topic stew in the back of my mind because something seemed to be missing...? Later I thought maybe soul ties could be used as an excuse to not deal with the demons which may still attached (or attaching themselves) to us? No, not enough, but then the definition of a soul popped up and…

Cue “light bulb moment.”

The soul is our personality: our thoughts, ideas, feelings, desires, willpower—the intangible things that make you, you. From a young age, David and Jonathan fought side-by-side for ten years, facing death, destruction, gore, etc. They had to stay on the same stream of thought or they would have died. Over time, that camaraderie solidified due to their shared experiences. So, yes, soul ties (knit souls) exist, but only through ordeals and frequent agreement of minds, hearts, and wills (Amos 3:3).

A union of the flesh produces two things: lust for more and a gateway for the adversary and his buddies to enter a person. We tend to forget we are spiritual creatures; we have to choose His path constantly. How that lust manifests depends on the person’s need: the desire for a soul tie, a moment of pleasure, demons wanting to infest others, loneliness, for example.

Prior to marriage, I never had a soul tie with anyone outside of family. I thought I had life under control, playing the friends-with-benefits-relationship-maybe (never) game; the demons I had picked up were not complaining. By His grace, the Lord had those things make themselves known bit-by-bit as I struggled to work out why certain behaviors refused to go away years later. After much rebuking, casting out, and offering myself up as a sacrifice, I can honestly say Nymphe is almost dead.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I had let this topic stew in the back of my mind because something seemed to be missing...? Later I thought maybe soul ties could be used as an excuse to not deal with the demons which may still attached (or attaching themselves) to us? No, not enough, but then the definition of a soul popped up and…

Cue “light bulb moment.”

The soul is our personality: our thoughts, ideas, feelings, desires, willpower—the intangible things that make you, you.

From a young age, David and Jonathan fought side-by-side for ten years, facing death, destruction, gore, etc. They had to stay on the same stream of thought or they would have died. Over time, that camaraderie solidified due to their shared experiences. So, yes, soul ties (knit souls) exist, but only through ordeals and frequent agreement of minds, hearts, and wills (Amos 3:3).

A union of the flesh produces two things: lust for more and a gateway for the adversary and his buddies to enter a person. We tend to forget we are spiritual creatures; we have to choose His path constantly. How that lust manifests depends on the person’s need: the desire for a soul tie, a moment of pleasure, demons wanting to infest others, loneliness, for example.

Prior to marriage, I never had a soul tie with anyone outside of family. I thought I had life under control, playing the friends-with-benefits-relationship-maybe (never) game; the demons I had picked up were not complaining. By His grace, the Lord had those things make themselves known bit-by-bit as I struggled to work out why certain behaviors refused to go away years later. After much rebuking, casting out, and offering myself up as a sacrifice, I can honestly say Nymphe is almost dead.

Nymphe, thank you, you've shared a good word. I especially want to thank you for setting the record straight regarding the relationship with David and Jonathan. I've had it up to my 'gills' with folks trying to force the lie that they were gay, when indeed they were not.

You put it in proper perspective and in Truth.

Thanks again.