I need a church home-MD/DC

zora

I too need a church home. I"ve been in MD for more than a year without a church.

I prefer non-denominational, but am open to others. Any suggestions?

miss_brown

If you're looking for non-demoninational, the only one I know of is in DC. It's called Kingdom Life Christian Center (5335 First Place, NE, which is on the corner of 1st Pl and Riggs Rd) and I have 2 friends that went there while we were in college and loved it. :yep:

Lorraine

I would recommend From the Heart Church Ministries in Suitland. I am Catholic and most of my childhood was spent in churches where I loved the word but wasn't moved by it. At FTHCM the pastor spoke to me. :up:

J

JenniferMD

Lorraine said:
I would recommend From the Heart Church Ministries in Suitland. I am Catholic and most of my childhood was spent in churches where I loved the word but wasn't moved by it. At FTHCM the pastor spoke to me. :up:

That's the church I go to and I LOVE IT!!!! Lorraine, I'm going to PM you now :)

SoniT

My sister goes to Largo Community Church in Largo, MD and she really likes it. It's a non-denominational church. I've been to a few services and I liked it too. I go to Reid Temple AME church.

Vintagecoilylocks

My Church is not a denomination. Its the Ancient Orthodox Church of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ passed down to the apostles and the faithful as a depository of his revelation, his body and the common ark of salvation for all. Its purpose is the santification of man and the building of the kingdom of Christ. Christ is Praised, Glorified and Worshiped, by the faithful and the Word is read as it was written.
Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy

There are many congregations in the Washington D.C. area.

I attend a mission parish in Forest Park south of Waldorf. St. Thomas the Apostle Orthodox Church.

http://www.Apostlethomas.org/

Vintagecoilylocks

CocoaButterflyy

I attend Zion Church in Largo... my church is pretty open and welcoming we are non-demoninational and our members come from all over. We are also a rather young church the majority of our members fit in the 18-35 age range and our pastor used to be one of the prominent youth ministers in the area so his niche is delivering a modern message that people can understand and apply.

Our church is based on the four C's of ministry and worship... Clear & Practical Message, Casual Dress, Contemporary Music, Compact “70-Minute” Service.... I've been attending probably two years and LOVE it... it's amazing all the things I've learned and how I've grown spiritually. We have four services7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. 10:30 a.m. and 12 noon... We are also having an EXCELLENT bible study series called Sex in The City that is discussing living holy in an unpure world... and discussing temptation and all the things that go with life..... feel free to PM me