I need a regimen!(can some1 help)

I hope someone would be kind enough to suggest a regimen for me.

Here's some info. I'm currently relaxed and my hair is mid ear length. I'm not quite sure of my hair texture:sad:, but my hair is not thick and not too thin. I just need to know what do I need for my hair. Better yet, let me tell you what i do to it.

I relax with pinklotion, smooth touch relaxer maybe every 2 1/2 months
I wash my hair with keracare dry itch scalp and conditioner every week.
I deep condition(this is my problem) with ORS pak and aloe vera every week.
I wrap my hair at night with Proclaim shine serum and sometimes ORS olive oil spray.
Now here is when things get bad:nono: I use heat almost everyday. I put my Sally's generic silk infusion to "protect" but I'm not too crazy about it.

I think I need protein yall. I was thinking about an egg treatment.
I hope yall can help..thanks

I hope someone would be kind enough to suggest a regimen for me.

Here's some info. I'm currently relaxed and my hair is mid ear length. I'm not quite sure of my hair texture:sad:, but my hair is not thick and not too thin. I just need to know what do I need for my hair. Better yet, let me tell you what i do to it.

I relax with pinklotion, smooth touch relaxer maybe every 2 1/2 months
I wash my hair with keracare dry itch scalp and conditioner every week.
I deep condition(this is my problem) with ORS pak and aloe vera every week.
I wrap my hair at night with Proclaim shine serum and sometimes ORS olive oil spray.
Now here is when things get bad:nono: I use heat almost everyday. I put my Sally's generic silk infusion to "protect" but I'm not too crazy about it.

I think I need protein yall. I was thinking about an egg treatment.
I hope yall can help..thanks

My hair is natural but I see a common enemy in your post: HEAT. You've acknowledge the overuse of heat as an issue for you so you're off to a good start.

I'm sure some relaxed heads will chime in soon. :yep:

Last edited:
I'm not sure even the strongest head could take heat every day. You really need to try and ease up on that. :nono:

the main reason I use heat is for style..not really to straighten. So what I was thinking is maybe using hair rollers instead? or just letting my hair just "hang". Is that only problem yall see? I was thinking I could use a little protein too.

My suggestion would be:

1) stop using heat every day.
2) shampoo and deep condition 1x per week.
3) rollerset, bun or wear a half wig for your style.
4) moisturize and then seal with an oil 1x - 2x a day

I am relaxed. I grew my hair from less than shoulder length to the bottom of my shoulder blades (bra strap length) in 14 months. All I had to do was give up the heat. There are so many other ways you can keep a style besides using direct heat.

If my hair was ear length, I would try to get braids until my hair was long enough to wear in a ponytail. I used a method called "Crown & Glory" which meant spraying my hair with diluted Infusium23 Leave-in Treatment, followed by spraying with S-Curl No Drip Spray. I washed my hair with diluted shampoo and conditioned my hair with diluted conditioner.Please do a search on Crown and Glory Method. I hope that helps (HTH).

the main reason I use heat is for style..not really to straighten. So what I was thinking is maybe using hair rollers instead? or just letting my hair just "hang". Is that only problem yall see? I was thinking I could use a little protein too.

You may want to look into getting caruso rollers to style in the morning. They use steam heat and from what I've seen people really like them. Just do a search and I'm sure threads will come up.

Also, you should learn how to pincurl your hair at night, that way you won't have to use heat to style it in the morning.

You may want to look into getting caruso rollers to style in the morning. They use steam heat and from what I've seen people really like them. Just do a search and I'm sure threads will come up.

Also, you should learn how to pincurl your hair at night, that way you won't have to use heat to style it in the morning.

yes try the steam rollers. the steam heat doesnt damage your hair.

try to limit as much heat as possible. and try to drink enough water and eat healthy too.

I think maybe more moisture could help, try using a butter like shea butter or elasta qp mango butter and ease up on the heat. Try more styling on wet hair, so heat won't be necessary as much.

I am natural, but when I was relaxed, my routine was pretty much the same: wash and deep condition. As far as protein goes "I" use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor once a week. I think that maybe a good starter protein. The whole Aphogee line is good. I believe that the ORS pak has a light or mild protein. You always want to follow up your protein with a good moisturizer. The one good thing about this board, you have so many people reviewing so many products. And they will give you an HONEST opinion :yep:. The search option has taught me alot as far as finding out if something is worth trying, based on the reviews of other. And please note that not every product works for everyone. HTH :rolleyes:

Caruso Rollers, Pincurls??yikes..(looking thru my hair care dictionary). I was thinking about the whole weave thing, but I'm trying to avoid it bc it's an addictation for me. I'm liking my short cut and I want to enjoy it. I'm attached to the heat, but I will let it go. The only major problem is when I wash my hair it's a big blown out puff!

Caruso Rollers, Pincurls??yikes..(looking thru my hair care dictionary). I was thinking about the whole weave thing, but I'm trying to avoid it bc it's an addictation for me. I'm liking my short cut and I want to enjoy it. I'm attached to the heat, but I will let it go. The only major problem is when I wash my hair it's a big blown out puff!

LOL. It can seem overwhelming at first. But, the information is out there and believe me it will help you out. I'm pretty sure people have posted youtube tutorials on pin curling, and I think watching will probably help you.

Don't feel overwhelmed, just take it slowly.

Where can I get this Elasta qp butter?! I've hearing about it..and I haven't gotten it yet.

I suggest you read the two articles I posted, especially the regimen building one, before you start buying products. You should learn the basics and assess your hair's condition and what it might need before you start buying new things. New products may just mask or create new problems for you.

I think that you have enough protein between the ORS pak and the aloe vera - unless your hair is mushy. I definitely think that you need to use a moisturizer or if you feel like your hair isn't too dry with your current reggie than try just using coconutoil because that can moisturize, seal in moisture, and prevent protein loss.

Have you tried wrapping your hair and drying it this way and then wrapping at night to maintain the style?

ITA w/msa, learn what you need first! I just gave a rec based on what you posted.

But to answer you question, you can get elasta qp mango butter at any bss or Sally's. It all depends on your area.

P.s definitely check sistaslicks guide, she's been very helpful to a lot of ladies on reggie building.

Back