Need Help Giving Mother A Regimen

Missi

Need help creating mothers regimen: her hair is...
-dry
-thin
-neck length

....she gets her relaxed at a salon every 6 wks. This lady has really destroyed my mothers hair. My mother really wants long hair again so I figured to give her a strict regimen while I'm away for my internship.

Prepoo- Coconut Oil

Shampoo & Conditioner
-ORS Aloe Shampoo
-Cholesterol Conditioner + 1 egg + 1 tsp peppermint oil + 2 tbs evoo

Rollerset ??????????
-NTM Silk Touch Leave-in
-ORS Gloss Serum
and Silk wrap.

Any suggestions, protective styling???????? Also, if she can't rollerset on her own: what are other alternatives that gives you that healthy look & body (ex: silk wrap) w/o using direct heat???

Patricia

Every 6 weeks is to often to relax. Maybe she can stretch to 12weeks. Try airdrying. Aloe shampoo is good but not for every wash. Its somewhat clarifying. I love garnier long and strong shampoo. Conditioner sounds good. Just remember a mild type protein conditioner will help rebuild hair. She may need a harder type protein every 6-8 weeks.

Lava27

I agree that ORS Aloe Shampoo may be a bit harsh for regular use if she has dry hair. I have dry hair and I only used it about 3 times. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo is really good for dry hair, it's very moisturizing.

Missi

She is willing to follow a regimen?

yes she's willing to follow a regimen. is she willing to rollerset: not too sure. I told her to try to stretch to 8 wks so we'll see what happens. My mother is 44 and every active in her community so i want to give her a regimen thats quick & doesn't take hrs out of her day to do

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I feel she should stretch her relaxer starting with 8 weeks try to slowly increase it to 10 weeks, steadily increasing. I think the ORS Aloe is more of a Clarifier.

And perhaps she should be using something a little more moisturizing. And maybe she could incorporate a light protein treatment like an ORS Replenishing Pack. Limit her Direct Heat and low Manipulation. Perhaps a Wrap.

Keep It Simple for her especially since she is just starting out and you don't want to overwhelm her with too many steps and procedures or she won't stick to it

HTH.

Last edited: