I need a remedial Protective style class!

Rezgirl

Bear with me, kinda long....I'm trying out the whole cowash routine but I typically rollerset once a week. My question is what is the better method to break bsl - cowash and protective or rollerset and protective? Is there a difference or will either way work? I use alot of manipulation either way but less often because I'm not really brushing the length of my hair every day. With a cowash I use a wide tooth comb to help rinse out conditioner and to apply leave ins then bun it. With rollersets I comb conditioner and product through then set, blow out the roots with a hot air dryer and wrap. With cowash I typically only comb or brush my edges in between washes. With rollersets I started to try pincurling instead of wrapping for less manipulation. Also, I try to position my bun different each day - high one day, low the next - somehow I feel like it may help curb breakage if my ponytail holder is moved to different positions. Is that necessary? When I cowash, my hair kinda gets frozen in one position so if I need a high bun after a low bun it requires brushing to smooth it into the new position. Ok or not? Does any of this make sense or am I just finding excuses because I'm fiending to wear my hair out and dump protective styles! lol :ohwell:

hairdrama:{

I would say cowash and protective. I wash/cowash 2 times a week. When I do buns I moisturize + seal daily but do not move it to a different position. I pretty much leave the hair alone for 3 or 4 days 'till is time for washing/cowashing again, then I try a different style for 3 more days. It has worked for me that way.