I need help with my hair

rugen22

Hi there, I am new to this forum and I think you all are wonderful for sharing all your hair care tips.

I need serious help with my hair. It used to be real healthy until I started fixing weaves a lot and basically stopped taking care of it. Due to this it has really thinned out and breaks a lot esp in the front that actually used to be the longest part. I decided to start using the aphogee products. Do you think this will be enough?

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks loads in advance :)

First, welcome to the board. :D I think the Aphogee protein treatment would be a great start. I've never used it, so I'm not sure how to. I just know that you should following up with a REALLY moisturizing conditioner. And moisturize a lot after the treatment in order to get the right protein/moisture balance for your hair. HTH!!!

An Aphogee treatment is a good idea. A number of ladies have different Aphogee treatment routines. I clarify, add the treatment to my hair and sit under a hood dryer until it gets hard, rinse for several minutes, shampoo with Porosity Control Shampoo, then deep condition with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask.

As for the treatment being "enough" I'm going to have to say no. You are going to have to develop a regimen that includes moisture and protein balance and start treating your hair very gently.

rugen22 said:
Hi all, thanks for getting back to me. Could you recommend any products for moisture?

Phew, that's a loaded question! There are tons of great moisturizers out there. Are you looking for a moisturizing conditioner, daily leave-in, or what? The more info you give, the better we can help you!:)

P.S. - And really, check out that "Newcomer's Guide" and the "Breakage 101" thread. There are product recommendations in there.

rugen22 said:
Er....a moisturizing conditioner and daily leave in would be great, thanks :)

Well, here's a short list. I haven't personally used all of these products, but many others on the board have:

Conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Lustrasik cholesterol conditioners (they make several varieties)
Motions Moisture Plus
Nexxus Humectress
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Replenishing Pak

Daily Leave-Ins
Garnier Fructis leave-ins (there are several)
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
Nexxus Headress
Profectiv BreakFree or MegaGrowth
Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion

Back