I need Tips for Transitioning with Weaves

dede1129

Ok Ladies so I am currently 5 months into my transition and as we approach spring I know these are the most difficult monthe because of the heat and humidity. I have been getting my hair flat ironed once a month and doing braidouts in between but now I want to get a weave to preserve my hair but here's my history...I wore weaves for about 8 years straight! Yes I always had a weave or braids but I did not take care of my hair underneath so it really thinned out.:wallbash: I am in the military and work out daily so that is also killing my roots and I am trying my best nto to keep putting more heat on my hair. This time I want to take care of my hair and allowing it to grow thicker and healthier while still being able to rock a sew in weave and so I need some tips!!!

Any suggestions?

Adaoba2012

I would suggest getting a full head weave...I was thinking about getting one with some bangs for the summer since I always get a growth spurt in the summertime. That way you won't have worry about flat ironing and you can continue your transition successfully. There are closures that you can use too if you are worried about your hair looking "wiggish". What do you think?