I think MSM gave me a premonition!

secretrose

Last night before going to bed I realized I had forgotten to take my msm supplement. I took 1000mg. I normally try to avoid taking it right before bed because some ppl have complained about vivid dreams. I already suffer from sleep paralysis coupled with hallucinations so I felt uneasy already.:ohwell:

Well, i went ahead and took it anyway. I had a really difficult time sleeping, :( anyway i did fall asleep 3 hrs later. First I had a sleep paralysis episode about a stranger entering my house and strangling me. I am already used to these kinds of episodes so i knew how to snap out of it. A few mins later, i had a very vivid dream that my alarm clock didn't work for some reason and i was 2 hrs late to work! :eek:

Anyway, i woke up instantly and it was 4:30am. A second later, the power went out and my alarm clock went out. Luckily the power came back 2 mins later and i was able to reset my alarm clock. phewww! But what a crazy dream. Maybe it's just a coincidence but just thought i'd share. :D

tnorenberg

Wow, I was just thinking the same here. My mom and I used to have the same dreams when I was younger, like college age. I just started taking MSM on Thursday. Friday I had a dream I went to the mail box because I was looking for a letter someone had sent me. They told me it had money in it, so I was really looking hard to find it but I never did. Then on Saturday my mom called me and asked me if I had received a letter from her for mother's day. I told her no she was a little worried because it had money in it. So I went to the mailbox and there was nothing there. Then I was checking to see if my husband picked it up or something,,then I thought about the dream and told my husband. Maybe I'm picking this thing up again. Cool.

tnorenberg

I think it's called Deja vous. Like you dreamed or saw something happen in your mind and then it happens.:eek:

Holy crap! I also suffer from sleep paralysis with hallucinations so I can relate. I haven't taken just pure MSM, but once I took a few hair, skin, and nail vitamins that contained MSM and dreamt that I woke up (in the same spot I fell asleep) and was paralyzed for real. Strangely enough, everything around me looked exactly like it did when I fell asleep. I do not think people who suffer from sleep paralysis with hallucinations should take MSM. It's like
x10!

secretrose

redRiot said:
Holy crap! I also suffer from sleep paralysis with hallucinations so I can relate. I haven't taken just pure MSM, but once I took a few hair, skin, and nail vitamins that contained MSM and dreamt that I woke up (in the same spot I fell asleep) and was paralyzed for real. Strangely enough, everything around me looked exactly like it did when I fell asleep. I do not think people who suffer from sleep paralysis with hallucinations should take MSM. It's like
x10![/quote]

:lol:. You're definately right about it being extreme, lol. Sleep paralysis is scary as heck but once you know what's going on, it's not that bad, you can trick yourself into snapping out of it. But the msm definately made it more intense last night, it was harder for me to get out. It normally happens to me when i lay on my back and i am dead tired. But yesterday, i was on my side and it still happened, that was a first.

But i am kinda curious about this dejavu or premonition thing, i saw into the future about 5 mins, may be if I take a higher dose, i can see into the 11'oclock news for the lottery numbers, lol. :lachen:

SvelteVelvet

This is interesting because for the past 2 weeks I've been dreaming of things that were going to happen the next day. Could be as little as one of my co-workers coming to talk to me about something. I wouldn't call it premonition but more like I'll have thoughts in my dream, like I'm reminding myself of something in my dream but it's showing it happening and as I wake up that's like the first thing I'm 'aware' of. I've also had some 'explanation' dreams of the past or maybe things going on right now that for some reason or another is hidden in my consciousness, I just have trouble taking it to mean anything more than a dream, but the things that are to happen that day, mostly at work, is a little weird.

secretrose

SvelteVelvet said:
This is interesting because for the past 2 weeks I've been dreaming of things that were going to happen the next day. Could be as little as one of my co-workers coming to talk to me about something. I wouldn't call it premonition but more like I'll have thoughts in my dream, like I'm reminding myself of something in my dream but it's showing it happening and as I wake up that's like the first thing I'm 'aware' of. I've also had some 'explanation' dreams of the past or maybe things going on right now that for some reason or another is hidden in my consciousness, I just have trouble taking it to mean anything more than a dream, but the things that are to happen that day, mostly at work, is a little weird.

Do you take Msm at all?

Amour

secretrose said:
Last night before going to bed I realized I had forgotten to take my msm supplement. I took 1000mg. I normally try to avoid taking it right before bed because some ppl have complained about vivid dreams. I already suffer from sleep paralysis coupled with hallucinations so I felt uneasy already.:ohwell:

Well, i went ahead and took it anyway. I had a really difficult time sleeping, :( anyway i did fall asleep 3 hrs later. First I had a sleep paralysis episode about a stranger entering my house and strangling me. I am already used to these kinds of episodes so i knew how to snap out of it. A few mins later, i had a very vivid dream that my alarm clock didn't work for some reason and i was 2 hrs late to work! :eek:

Anyway, i woke up instantly and it was 4:30am. A second later, the power went out and my alarm clock went out. Luckily the power came back 2 mins later and i was able to reset my alarm clock. phewww! But what a crazy dream. Maybe it's just a coincidence but just thought i'd share. :D

could it be possible that you were still dreaming? I.e. vidly dreaming that your power went out etc?

secretrose

KissKiss said:
could it be possible that you were still dreaming? I.e. vidly dreaming that your power went out etc?

lol:lachen: that would be so freakkyyyy.....

no but i'm sure i was awake because this morning my computers, laptops and printer were off. I had to turn them back on. Also microwave and vcr times were screwed up. so im positive i was awake.

lol girl, you had me go into a twilight zone moment for a minute :lachen: . Don't get me started, i love that stuff. Maybe.... i'm typing this response in my sleep...:eek:

secretrose

SvelteVelvet said:
LOTS of stuff! lol..I'm at work, don't have the bottle with me.

hehehe ok. So am I. Infact should prob get back to it. I hit send on the post before realizing that HSN stands for Hair, Skin and Nails. I thought it was the HSN shopping network brand, lol.:lachen: I'm a little off today:lol:

sareca

No premonitions, just poppin' in to say I have sleep paralysis too. I haven't had an episode in a few months tho. My hubby has it too.

secretrose

sareca said:
No premonitions, just poppin' in to say I have sleep paralysis too. I haven't had an episode in a few months tho. My hubby has it too.

For those who have never heard of it or experienced it, here is a brief explanation.

When you sleep and dream, your brain turns off body mobility aka temporary paralyzation to keep you from acting out your dreams. This is normal and it happens to everyone who dreams.

Now a small amount of people actually wakeup before the brain sends the signal to your body to stop the paralyzation so you are awake and your body is immobile. It feels like a nightmare :eek: . You can see what's going on around you but you cannot move or speak or scream!. It is so scary. Your brain somehow is confused into thinking you are still sleeping so you start to hallucinate or dream while your awake. It's not the same as vivid dreaming because you actually are awake. Most of the hallucinations are very nightmarish though - I have only once had a pleasant sleep paralysis episode. Once I filmed myself having an episode, my eyes were so open and you could see frustration and fear in my eyes, it was so intense i had streams of tears coming down. I looked almost dead.

Ennyaa

Oh my LORD! I don't have this condition but after reading your description I am thanking my lucky stars. I vaguely remember as a child waking up and feeling like my body just wouldn't move but it was nothing like that. That sounds scary as hell!

What do you do to snap yourself out of it?

LawyerBarbie07

Chiming in on the sleep paralysis as well. I've had it since I was younger, it feels like you literally have to drag yourself out of your nightmare but you can't move. I've been having intense dreams since taking 2ooo mgs of MSM....but luckily no episodes. (knock on wood)

LawyerBarbie07

Ennyaa said:

I've learned not to freak out..then I just start slowly breathing deeply and sort of drag myself out of whatever psycho nightmare I'm in...but its weird because you're already awake.

sareca

secretrose said:
For those who have never heard of it or experienced it, here is a brief explanation.

When you sleep and dream, your brain turns off body mobility aka temporary paralyzation to keep you from acting out your dreams. This is normal and it happens to everyone who dreams.

Now a small amount of people actually wakeup before the brain sends the signal to your body to stop the paralyzation so you are awake and your body is immobile. It feels like a nightmare :eek: . You can see what's going on around you but you cannot move or speak or scream!. It is so scary. Your brain somehow is confused into thinking you are still sleeping so you start to hallucinate or dream while your awake. It's not the same as vivid dreaming because you actually are awake. Most of the hallucinations are very nightmarish though - I have only once had a pleasant sleep paralysis episode. Once I filmed myself having an episode, my eyes were so open and you could see frustration and fear in my eyes, it was so intense i had streams of tears coming down. I looked almost dead.

Oh my goodness! I would NOT want to see what I look like. How long do yours last? I always try to count the number of seconds (mostly to occupy my mind and keep myself from panicking) but I can't. Somehow I always get lost before the end. :confused:

About a month ago I had my first non-scary one. It was actually really cute (as far as hallucinations go), but it was after I was out and sitting up. That's never happened before.

Know what's weird... my husband can mumble one or two words during his episodes. Like he talking without using his lips or tongue. One swift kick from me and he's out. Must be nice... *sigh*

Last edited:

sareca

LawyerBarbie07 said:
I've learned not to freak out..then I just start slowly breathing deeply and sort of drag myself out of whatever psycho nightmare I'm in...but its weird because you're already awake.

You said dragged... do you feel motion? I've only had one to two with motion. Felt like the entire bed was moving. It was straight out of The Exorist. :eek: I've only been strangled a couple times. Mine are usually auditory (people breathing and whispering) and visual (dark hooded figures).

People wonder why I don't like horror movies... I LIVE ONE!

Last edited:

secretrose

Ennyaa said:
Oh my LORD! I don't have this condition but after reading your description I am thanking my lucky stars. I vaguely remember as a child waking up and feeling like my body just wouldn't move but it was nothing like that. That sounds scary as hell!

the longest episode i have had is probably about 4-5mins. Normally they are much shorter like a minute or less. But trust me that's enough.

I normally snap myself out by straining to lift my arm. This works for me but once something wierd happened.....

i know i watch a lot of sci-fi movies but i'm still confused if it was real or not. My arm came out of my body:eek:

well not really, it was like not a physical arm, it was translucent....

i have since learned that this happens to some ppl it's called OBE (out of body experience) ok... - i think i may be getting to twilighty here so i'm gonna stop. But I could have sworn it happened.

secretrose

sareca said:
You said dragged... do you feel motion? I've only had one to two with motion. Felt like the entire bed was moving. It was straight out of The Exorist. :eek: I've only been strangled a couple times. Mine are usually auditory (people breathing and whispering) and visual (dark hooded figures).

People wonder why I don't like horror movies... I LIVE ONE!

i hear you girl, those things are no joke. I still love my horror movies though. I hear the noises too and yes the dark figures leaning over you and strangling you, once i woke up coughing and out of breath :eek:

baby42

I THOUGHT I WAS JUST ME:lol: :lol: I KEEP DREAMING A BOUT TWO MEN THAT WANT TO DATE ME I THROUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I AM NOT DATEING RIGHT NOW BUT I AM NOT LOOKING SO I DIDNT KNOW WHY I KEEP HAVEING THIS DREAM OVER AND OVER BUT LAST NIGHT I DIDNT TAKE MSM AND I DIDNT DREAM ABOUT THEM:lol: :lol: :lachen:

SvelteVelvet

That sleep paralysis has happened to me all of 3 times in my life. They also call it "a witch riding your back".

I've also had 2 occurrences (both times had a fever, one was during the pox) where my body seemed to wake up before my mind fully did. What made this different from sleep-walking is most sleepwalkers can't see where they are going are what they are doing, well I could see where I was going (a fuzzy vibration) and what was going on around me but I couldn't talk, all I could do was look around, I felt like I was screaming on the inside trying to get someone to touch me and wake me up. Picture SecretRose's description but you are able to walk and move around. Once I went to my moms bedroom, scared the crap out of her, which woke me up then I just went back to my room. The other time I actually went from my bedroom down my stairs my bro was in the LR watching t.v. I patted his head, and he would NOT look up or even acknowledge me which freaked me out more, so I just laid on the couch until everything came together normally and I could move and see and talk normally.

Ennyaa

Oh my goodness y'all I mean I'm a big sci-fi head as well and it certainly sounds like an OBE to me. As much as I love sleep (A LOT) I'd be afraid to go to bed every night man! Can't even imagine.

baby42

sareca said:
You really can't. You just wait and hope it doesn't last too long.
WHY DO THIS HAPPEND ? EVEN IF I DIDNT TAKE MSM THIS USE TO HAPPEND I WAS REALLY SCARED I AM GLAD IT STOP HAVE NOT HAPPEND IN A LONG TIME IF MSM START TO MAKE THIS HAPPEND I WILL STOP MSM FOR GOOD :lol: :lol:

secretrose

SvelteVelvet said:
That sleep paralysis has happened to me all of 3 times in my life. They also call it "a witch riding your back".

I've also had 2 occurrences (both times had a fever, one was during the pox) where my body seemed to wake up before my mind fully did. What made this different from sleep-walking is most sleepwalkers can't see where they are going are what they are doing, well I could see where I was going (a fuzzy vibration) and what was going on around me but I couldn't talk, all I could do was look around, I felt like I was screaming on the inside trying to get someone to touch me and wake me up. Picture SecretRose's description but you are able to walk and move around. Once I went to my moms bedroom, scared the crap out of her, which woke me up then I just went back to my room. The other time I actually went from my bedroom down my stairs my bro was in the LR watching t.v. I patted his head, and he would NOT look up or even acknowledge me which freaked me out more, so I just laid on the couch until everything came together normally and I could move and see and talk normally.

OMG! :eek: you take the cake! Wow...

partial sleep paralysis sounds alot scarier, so you could actually walk and see but not talk. LOL:lachen: at your brother not even noticing. Isn't that typical of brothers, :lachen: . Now this part confused me, do you think your bro couldn't see you? as you were there in (OBE) or he was just being oblivious as guys normally are?

SvelteVelvet

secretrose said:
OMG! :eek: you take the cake! Wow...

partial sleep paralysis sounds alot scarier, so you could actually walk and see but not talk. LOL:lachen: at your brother not even noticing. Isn't that typical of brothers, :lachen: . Now this part confused me, do you think your bro couldn't see you? as you were there in (OBE) or he was just being oblivious as guys normally are?

He was being oblivious, or my spirit hand touched him and not my real one. :lol:. No but he was just being oblivious because when I came together I was still downstairs and on the couch and it happened before my eyes. I think I asked him afterwords why didn't he respond to me, but I also had to call him twice for that he was so into that darn t.v. It almost does feel like I'm dead, which is why my first instinct is to find someone. My body is shaking as well which is why my mom was freaked out when I came in her bedroom that night, it's like I'm moving and walking in slow-motion too and I was lifting my hands to her to touch her, both arms reaching half way and shaking at the same time and she woke up and gasped before I could touch her and then I just stopped shaking and my arms dropped and I just told her "Don't mind me" and went back sleep, I didn't even know how to begin to explain to her what was happening to me. The second time she wasn't home and nobody was on the second floor and it's a wonder I didn't fall down the stairs, but I was aware enough to hold on to the wall and the railing my vision being fuzzy vibration.