I switched MSM brands and now I'm having the Vivid dreams!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

I was taking the GNC MSM 1500 mg and I never had any of these ultra vivid dreams. I switched to the vitamin shoppe MSM last week and I've been having these very real dreams for the past couple of nights. I'm losing sleep. I wake up around 4 am and I can't fall back to sleep.

Does it stop after some time???

Isis

This kind of dreaming is a good thing, probably how we are supposed to dream in the first place. I love MSM dreams!

However, make sure you don't take your MSM too late in the evening. That's what used to keep me up. MSM stimulates our metabolism and all that energy can interfere with our sleeping patterns. I now take MSM on a full stomach very early in the evening and all is well. :)

MizaniMami

RabiaElaine said:
I was taking the GNC MSM 1500 mg and I never had any of these ultra vivid dreams. I switched to the vitamin shoppe MSM last week and I've been having these very real dreams for the past couple of nights. I'm losing sleep. I wake up around 4 am and I can't fall back to sleep.

Girl we have been twin lately!:eek: I cannot stay sleep either. I am going to take Isis' advice and not take mines too late.

I don't like having these vivid dreams. Because my dreams always reflect my worried/insecurities in my life and the present time. And I find myself dreaming about the deaths of loved ones and being back stabbed...:ohwell:

YasmanSoBe

RabiaElaine said:
I wake up around 4 am and I can't fall back to sleep.

Me too! Crazy dreams and waking up at exactly 4 am! Then I just stay up b/c I'm afraid I'll oversleep and be late for work.

I agree with Isis: don't take it too late in the evening. I have stopped taking MSM before I go to bed (around 10:00 p.m.) and haven't been dreaming at all lately. And now I'm waking at between 6:00-7:00 a.m. :)

Cichelle

I take my MSM pretty early in the morning. I already have trouble sleeping, so I want to be careful about that. I wouldn't mind dreaming, but I wouldn't want to be waking up and unable to get back to sleep. I'm starting off on a low dose, though, so I don't know what might happen when I up it next week.

RabiaElaine

MizaniMami said:
Girl we have been twin lately!:eek: I cannot stay sleep either. I am going to take Isis' advice and not take mines too late.

I don't like having these vivid dreams. Because my dreams always reflect my worried/insecurities in my life and the present time. And I find myself dreaming about the deaths of loved ones and being back stabbed...:ohwell:

We have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thanks Isis!!! I've been taking mine kind of late. I'll move it up in my evening routine to when I get home I'll eat something.

I don't like the vivid dreams either, the last 2 have been quite scary.

I wonder if this means that the other brand of MSM wasn't working as well as this brand??? Anyone know??

gn1g

I agree ISis: This kind of dreaming is a good thing, probably how we are supposed to dream in the first place. I love MSM dreams!

I love my vivid dreams. I believe in my (GOD GIVEN) dreams they are a road map for my life. I've been forewarn so many times about things in my life in my dreams.

Mizani pray before you go to bed and ask the Holy Spirit to inspire your dreams.

WomanlyCharm

I haven't had dreams this vivid since I was a kid.
AND I DON'T LIKE IT!:mad:

My dreams are usually about scary, stress related stuff...and then I wake up and can't go back to sleep. I am not pleased.

It would probably be worse if I took MSM late in the day...I try to take it as early in the morning as I can.

JazzyDez

I take the Vitamin Shoppe MSM also but I haven't been experiencing the vivid dreams that you ladies have. I didn't even know it was a side effect. I also take my MSM early in the morning though before breakfast (only 2 or 3k, I know some people take much more).

RabiaElaine

JazzyDez said:
I take the Vitamin Shoppe MSM also but I haven't been experiencing the vivid dreams that you ladies have. I didn't even know it was a side effect. I also take my MSM early in the morning though before breakfast (only 2 or 3k, I know some people take much more).

I'm only taking 1000mg right now. I was thinking about increasing but I have to get used to this MSM it's obviously stronger than the GNC 1500mg version.

RabiaElaine

gn1g said:
I agree ISis: This kind of dreaming is a good thing, probably how we are supposed to dream in the first place. I love MSM dreams!

I love my vivid dreams. I believe in my (GOD GIVEN) dreams they are a road map for my life. I've been forewarn so many times about things in my life in my dreams.

Mizani pray before you go to bed and ask the Holy Spirit to inspire your dreams.

I'm going to start praying specifically for this.

Thanks!

princesmich

Isis said:
This kind of dreaming is a good thing, probably how we are supposed to dream in the first place. I love MSM dreams!

However, make sure you don't take your MSM too late in the evening. That's what used to keep me up. MSM stimulates our metabolism and all that energy can interfere with our sleeping patterns. I now take MSM on a full stomach very early in the evening and all is well. :)

I should've known this a month ago, i take my msm, primarily late at night when i remember sometimes midnight sometimes 1 a.m. I use the vitamin shoppe brand, love it.

WomanlyCharm

DDtexlaxd said:
Are you taking pwdered MSM? Have U gotten any results from it? Other than the vivid dreams?;)

I haven't been taking it long, but my skin has definately improved, no more breakouts or dry patches, and the rest of my dark marks are almost gone. I think the improvement is also because I'm using MSM creme on my skin as well. Love the stuff! :grin:

I also have more energy now (after being really tired when I first started taking it).

Haven't noticed any hair improvement yet though.

MizaniMami

gn1g said:

Mizani pray before you go to bed and ask the Holy Spirit to inspire your dreams.[/quote]

Thank you Gn1g. I never even thought to pray about this! :eek: That means so much to me that you would tell me to do this.;)

DragonPearl

goldensensation said:
I've always had vivid dreams. A lot of times I'm a lucid dreamer.
Off topic: Don't you love having lucid dreams? :)

I haven't had a lucid dream in months. I have been too stressed with school lately.

FlyyGyrl

Wow. I had no idea MSM could affect your dreams. I guess that explains the ultra-vivid dream I had last night. Seriously I haven't dreamed (or remembered my dreams) for at least a year.

Tene

I take msm at night and I've never had any problems with sleep. But I've rarely been able to sleep a full eight hours anyway. I'm always waking up mutiple times throughout the night.

gn1g

I think that MSM also helps you to remember your dreams. My dreams are very very detailed.

Northern_Belle

Jessy55 said:
Off topic: Don't you love having lucid dreams? :)

I haven't had a lucid dream in months. I have been too stressed with school lately.

Lucid dreams are wonderful. I've always had vivid dreams, since I was a kid. MSM, whenever I take it, seems to add some extra "umphf" to it ... lol!

Nice & Wavy

gn1g said:

Great Answer, gn1g....great answer!

Allandra

Tene said:
I take msm at night and I've never had any problems with sleep. But I've rarely been able to sleep a full eight hours anyway. I'm always waking up mutiple times throughout the night.
I also take msm at night, and I haven't had any problems with sleep. Like you, I've rarely been able to sleep a full eight hours (may six or so). I also wake up one to three times throughout the night (because I drink A LOT of water throughout the day).

RabiaElaine

Nice & Wavy said:
Amen...it works!!!

Thanks Nice & Wavy!

I notice you take the powdered version of MSM. Is this more effective than taking the capsules??

How do you take it in a drink/food???

HoneyDew

I didn't know that vivid dreams are a side effect of MSM.

That explains that.

I have had ths happen.

MissYocairis

RabiaElaine said:

Girl, Vitamin Shoppe ain't no joke! I switched to another brand "Ultra Botanicals" (or something like that) because I missed the buy one get one free sale at Vitamin Shoppe/World and it is NOT the SAME! My skin feels different, isn't as flawless, my system is not operating the same and I am taking a lot more.

RabiaElaine

CantBeCopied said:
Girl, Vitamin Shoppe ain't no joke! I switched to another brand "Ultra Botanicals" (or something like that) because I missed the buy one get one free sale at Vitamin Shoppe/World and it is NOT the SAME! My skin feels different, isn't as flawless, my system is not operating the same and I am taking a lot more.

Appearantly! I only switched brands last week!!

And it's funny I had heard in the past (I think on this forum) that Vitamin Shoppe Brand isn't as effective as the more expensive brands.

I know for sure that MSM is running in my system, these dreams are no joke:lol: !