i think my desired length goal is changing...

youwillrise

my goal has always been midback stretched

i always said that once i get there, i'll keep it at that length

now...i'm sort of curious and thinking maybe i'll try to grow to waist or even a little more, perhaps?

i dunno...

my goal has always been "solid"
for as long as i've been taking care of my hair
i've been sure that that's what i wanted and nothing more
so, it's weird having a desire for something longer

hmmmm....
we'll see where it goes. hehe.

have your length goals changed recently?
(whether it be a desire for longer or shorter than your original goal)

prospurr4

My length goals have most definately changed as I've travelled this hair journey. At the beginning, all I wanted was thick, healthy WL hair. Now that I'm only 3-4 inches away from WL, it doesn't seem long enough for me...so now I'm going for tailbone length, then I'll be satisfied....I think.:rolleyes:

anon123

now...i'm sort of curious and thinking maybe i'll try to grow to waist or even a little more, perhaps?

i dunno...

hmmmm....

I bet this is a common occurrence, especially once coming to this board. I don't have a definite length goal, so I can't speak for myself, but have definitely read it around the board. Especially for us naturals, we could grow out hair forever and it would probably never look too long with shrinkage. How far from your nape to your waist?

youwillrise

hahaha.

that's so true.

my stretched length could be to the floor and most people would never know it.

you know, i'm not sure how far it is from my nape to my waist (never measured). right now the back of my hair (specifically the nape area) is trying to make it's way past my armpit (slowly, but surely)...it's a good ways away from where i am now.

if i decide to grow that long, i'm thinking i wouldnt get there until sometime in 2010 (unless some super miracle happened)

Platinum

i dunno...

hmmmm....

Yes, my goal length has changed. When I first joined the board, I thought my desired length would be APL. But, seeing so many progress reports from some of the sistas has motivated me to try for waist length. Even though I'm a long way from it, I'm confident that I can acheive my goal in a few years.:look:

Fine 4s

My goals in general change almost every week. At first I wanted BSL length, then that moved to MBL. Now, my goal is to cut off all these stringy ends and of course, losing length :(
I'll be cutting 1'' this summer and MAYBE 2'' :perplexed

wheezy807

I've always said that i wanted WL hair just to see if i could actually grow it to that length. Then i would cut it to BSL. But i dunno, maybe i'll keep it at WL for a while.

Aggie

Girl runrunrunner, I know what you mean about changing the hair length goal. Originally when I first started on this board, I only wanted BSL length. When I finally hit APL, I said to myself, "self, lets's go for MBL" :grin: and now that's my new hair length goal for now. Now when I get there, I may or may not revisit what I want my goal to be then. For now I am trudging along to BSL hopefullly by the end of this year.

ladylibra

i was thinking about this the other day while watching "Waiting To Exhale." Bernie spent 11 years growing her hair out to APL? maybe it was BSL, just barely... but 11 years? i mean dang. :look: most black women are under the impression that it's so difficult to grow long hair that we kind of underestimate our hair's true abilities. then suddenly we reach our goals or are approaching them sooner than we thought and figure, "why not try for more?" :yep:

Energist

Yeah, mine has. I have just always wanted to be able to grow my hair midback. I wasn't sure that was possible, and used to joke around about getting it to WL. Now that I am nearly MBL (or maybe there already, we'll see after my relaxer) it is a must to see if I am able to reach WL. I always push myself to see how far I am able to go. My husband said that he would not like to see my hair WL, but I am curious. I am very curious about how I would look with hair that length and how it will make me feel if I am able to achieve that goal.

Simply_Kelz

Yes! Since I've realized how short I am .. I've switched my goal from WSL to TBL.

It was brastrap .. for like a day.

I remember looking at this one shirt and saying apl is long but if I get it to here .. then I'll feel alright:rolleyes:

Now I'm like .. no .. brastrap is long..
When does it end ..

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
My goals change depending on the day of the wk it is. When I first discovered this site, BSL was my goal, I couldn't even amagine having hair that long but sometimes I feel like I would be more then satisfied to have an even unstretched APL all away around. When I saw the WL 08 thread and saw all the BEAUTIFUL heads of hair, I was like bump that I'm going for WL but then someone made a Tailbone and beyond thread and it got me to thinking, should I try and push it to the limit! If I do hip would definitely be my end goal. Right now it's still up in the air for me, I'm just enjoying the ride:grin:

myronnie

i was thinking about this the other day while watching "Waiting To Exhale." Bernie spent 11 years growing her hair out to APL? maybe it was BSL, just barely... but 11 years? i mean dang. :look: most black women are under the impression that it's so difficult to grow long hair that we kind of underestimate our hair's true abilities. then suddenly we reach our goals or are approaching them sooner than we thought and figure, "why not try for more?" :yep:

So true! Now that i see that I can grow my hair, I want longer than waist length hair..
I have to cut like 2 inches off of scraggly hair anyway lol

JustKiya

*lol* I think that's the biggest danger of hairboards after PJ'ism - the moving length goal! :lachen:

That's why I figure I'm just going til it won't grow no more - and that'll be my final length goal....simple, right? :look: :lol:

miss Congeniality

I know that my goals change. For one, when I hit shoulder length I thought it was going to be different than I expected. Now, that I am getting closer towards APL stretch, MBL is starting to look pretty good. But, don't most people goals change once they've reached it.

LunadeMiel

When I first joined I wanted waist-length stretched, Now I want waist length UN-stretched. That will most likely put me at tailbone length stretched.

trini_rican

Yep. The closer I am to MBL the more believable WL is to me - especially seeing the heads of hair on this board - it's amazing inspiration.:yep:

ladylibra

*lol* I think that's the biggest danger of hairboards after PJ'ism - the moving length goal! :lachen:

That's why I figure I'm just going til it won't grow no more - and that'll be my final length goal....simple, right? :look: :lol:

LOL @ your whole post! :lachen:

yeah my main goal was to see if i could grow my natural hair back to APL (the longest i was able to manage with a relaxer). surpassed that. next i'm going for whatever my terminal length is. every inch after APL is icing on the cake :grin:

Chromia

My goal used to be midback. Earlier this year I decided that I want to grow to waistlength, sort of out of curiosity.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'll have to see how I feel once I reach MBL as to whether I'll change my length goals or not. :look:

skyborn09

yea I just felt this the other day...I now want waist length hair after seeing the beautiful heads on here. :grin: And just like the ladies above......since I'm reaching my goal (BSL) in a few months....the next big hair goal doesn't seem that bad. ::yep:

youwillrise

I'll have to see how I feel once I reach MBL as to whether I'll change my length goals or not. :look:

yeah,

i mean - i havent even made my original goal yet

but i've just been getting this...desire for more.

my goal has been the same for 4 years maybe

and i've never wanted more until now. haha