I want to texlax but i have..

Kinkyhairlady

Some questions... first what is the best relaxer to texlax with? Second how long do you leave it in? I just want to loosen the curl pattern a tiny bit. I'm also wondering if its safe to do my self. I know a salon that uses phyto and I was gonna try that. Not sure what to do.

Blyss_curls

Hi There,
I am not a self-relaxer or a texlaxer. I used to be relaxed. During the time I was stretching, I was considering taking on doing my own relaxers and texlaxing. There's volumes of information on how to relax yourself (if you'd like to do that), available on the board.

When I considered it, I figured there were women here getting great results doing their hair--why couldn't I? You could, too. I was just tired of seeing parts of my hair getting overprocessed and figured I couldn't do any worse than my stylist was doing (at the time).

I was going to use Silk Elements relaxer from Sallys, because women here gave it glowing reviews, and it was cost effective (inexpensive). I didn't care for the cost of Phyto, or I may have gone that route.

I no longer have the relaxing threads in my user cp, but I'll try to find some for you and link them.

In the meantime, I'm sure others will be along to offer their support.

:grin:

Blyss_curls