I was just about to give up but....

klb120475

I chose to press on.

Come on let's share areas of our lives we were ready to give up on but chose to press on.

I'll go first I was in a deep depression but I chose life over death.:wink2:

Nice & Wavy

I chose to press on.

Come on let's share areas of our lives we were ready to give up on but chose to press on.

I'll go first I was in a deep depression but I chose life over death.:wink2:

Hallelujah! Miss you, girlie!

I wanted to give up working and stay home, but I chose to continue to do what I have been doing, so that I can continue to minister to the people that God places in my life, every single day. It's not easy...very hard, but I will do it because the Greater One lives inside of me!

Thank you for this thread, sis.....awesome!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, I remember when I needed money for milk and bread to feed my babies. You gave me more than money, you gave me milk, food, and a contiuned supply of groceries to keep my babies fed...and it wasn't welfare.

Before I 'backslide'.....

I had enough bus fare for one way. Had no idea how I was going to get back home. Got on the bus and the Driver said, "Just have a seat, this ride is for free."

Before I 'backslide'....

My heart was so broken over my failed marriage. I was so ashamed and had no where to go. Yet my father called and said, "Baby, pack your things, you're coming home with me."

Before I 'backslide".....

I've never been without a home

I've never been without love

Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, when I found out my son was hooked on drugs and my unsaved sister gloated about it happening to me and I'm supposed to have Jesus in my life. YET.....YET....YET, you told me to fear not for you would deliver my son. And Lord, you did. You delivered my baby and he's thriving and delivered and living his life for you.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times, Lord has my body gone through various pains and ailments, that I knew not. Yet you always spoke to my heart and said, 'Trust me'...and Lord you always kept your word to heal my body each time.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times have I been in trouble and you came in at the right time to save me and deliver me.

Lord, I cannot leave you...I cannot 'backslide' For there is still none like you.!

:amen: :rosebud: :amen:

klb120475

Hallelujah! Miss you, girlie!

I wanted to give up working and stay home, but I chose to continue to do what I have been doing, so that I can continue to minister to the people that God places in my life, every single day. It's not easy...very hard, but I will do it because the Greater One lives inside of me!

Thank you for this thread, sis.....awesome!

Thank God for the Greater One!!!

Nice & Wavy

Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, I remember when I needed money for milk and bread to feed my babies. You gave me more than money, you gave me milk, food, and a contiuned supply of groceries to keep my babies fed...and it wasn't welfare.

I had enough bus fare for one way. Had no idea how I was going to get back home. Got on the bus and the Driver said, "Just have a seat, this ride is for free."

Before I 'backslide'....

My heart was so broken over my failed marriage. I was so ashamed and had no where to go. Yet my father called and said, "Baby, pack your things, you're coming home with me."

Before I 'backslide".....

I've never been without a home

I've never been without love

Before I 'backslide'....

Lord, when I found out my son was hooked on drugs and my unsaved sister gloated about it happening to me and I'm supposed to have Jesus in my life. YET.....YET....YET, you told me to fear not for you would deliver my son. And Lord, you did. You delivered my baby and he's thriving and delivered and living his life for you.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times, Lord has my body gone through various pains and ailments, that I knew not. Yet you always spoke to my heart and said, 'Trust me'...and Lord you always kept your word to heal my body each time.

Before I 'backslide'....

How many times have I been in trouble and you came in at the right time to save me and deliver me.

Lord, I cannot leave you...I cannot 'backslide' For there is still none like you.!

:amen: :rosebud: :amen:

YOU BETTER PREACH, SHIMMIE!!!

PaperClip

Two times in my adult life I was THROUGH with everything. I cannot say I chose to stay. I had given up...but God. The grace of God.

The first time was when a relationship failed. I was THROUGH with God and wanted no parts of Him with regard to any intimacy. I felt like He didn't keep His promise. I wasn't crazy. I wasn't going to blaspheme Him but my attitude was like: "we ain't gotta do this". I was gonna be a Christmas/Easter/Mother's Day saint. But all that summer, every time this particular song came on the radio called "I Got A Job"....

I got a job
working for Jesus
all through the night and all through the day
I got a job
working for Jesus
whatever is right, God said that He would pay....

Can you hear The Master calling
Saying who will come and work for him today

I was singing it...bouncing in the car...LOUD!! And then I would catch myself and say "No I DON'T!" and I meant it! I cannot pinpoint the turnaround other than it was His supernatural healing upon my heart and spirit.... The Lord knew I was real hurt behind that situation....

The other time was in 2006 when I became disenchanted with the church. This time I did have to determine in my mind that I would obey the Lord to stay where I was and stay in His will and stay saved. Even after I started going back to church regularly (and I never stopped giving my tithes to my local church!), it didn't change right away. I had to stay with it. The Lord did a supernatural healing in my heart and spirit and I had to forgive and consciously let go of things of the past.

Mocha5

I was about to give up on my marriage but I choose to fight. Sometimes situations come for God to test us. Sometimes situations come for God to break us, to build character. Right now I'm being broken. But oh glory, when this season has ended, satan may as well pack up and go to hell early.

klb120475

I was ready to give up on what is "real" then I read a thread by Nice/Wavy and remembered that God is real!:grin:

Nice & Wavy

Two times in my adult life I was THROUGH with everything. I cannot say I chose to stay. I had given up...but God. The grace of God.

The first time was when a relationship failed. I was THROUGH with God and wanted no parts of Him with regard to any intimacy. I felt like He didn't keep His promise. I wasn't crazy. I wasn't going to blaspheme Him but my attitude was like: "we ain't gotta do this". I was gonna be a Christmas/Easter/Mother's Day saint. But all that summer, every time this particular song came on the radio called "I Got A Job"....

I got a job
working for Jesus
all through the night and all through the day
I got a job
working for Jesus

Can you hear The Master calling
Saying who will come and work for him today

I was singing it...bouncing in the car...LOUD!! And then I would catch myself and say "No I DON'T!" and I meant it! I cannot pinpoint the turnaround other than it was His supernatural healing upon my heart and spirit.... The Lord knew I was real hurt behind that situation....

The other time was in 2006 when I became disenchanted with the church. This time I did have to determine in my mind that I would obey the Lord to stay where I was and stay in His will and stay saved. Even after I started going back to church regularly (and I never stopped giving my tithes to my local church!), it didn't change right away. I had to stay with it. The Lord did a supernatural healing in my heart and spirit and I had to forgive and consciously let go of things of the past.

I see the Lord has us up late: You, Shimmie, Mocha, Klb and myself...He is reminding us all of who He is in our lives!

Thank you, Jesus...thank you, Lord!

Nice & Wavy

I was about to give up on my marriage but I choose to fight. Sometimes situations come for God to test us. Sometimes situations come for God to break us, to build character. Right now I'm being broken. But oh glory, when this season has ended, satan may as well pack up and go to hell early.

When I saw your post, my spirit leaped!

For the Lord your God is going before you,as the Captain of the Hosts and He is slaying the enemy on your behalf!

Oh, how wonderful He is to those that are His!!!

How wonderful and magnificent our God is and oh how He loves you!

Thank you, Jesus!!!

Thank you!

Mocha5

When I saw your post, my spirit leaped!

For the Lord your God is going before you,as the Captain of the Hosts and He is slaying the enemy on your behalf!

Oh, how wonderful He is to those that are His!!!

How wonderful and magnificent our God is and oh how He loves you!

Thank you, Jesus!!!

Thank you!

lol @ your spirit leaping. You feel like shouting over there too?

Nice & Wavy

Those that are HIS...........................................................cannot be plucked out of His Hand.

Praise Him, who is worthy to be praised. :amen: :notworthy:

Tears are rolling down my face.....the Lord is doing something tonite!

I know we can hear it...the sound of the abundance of Rain!!!

Glory!

Mocha5

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. Thank you for your keeping peace. Even in the midst of a storm, you keep me. Thank you, Father.

Who am I that you are thinking of me, that you love me...It's amazing...

Nice & Wavy

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy. Thank you for your keeping peace. Even in the midst of a storm, you keep me. Thank you, Father.

Who am I that you are thinking of me, that you love me...It's amazing...

:cry:....yes, Lord...yes!

I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God...He calls me friend!

God Almighty...Lord of Glory....

klb120475

Speak, Lord....

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, Lord, yes
Oh, yes, my soul, my soul says yes

If I were you, I would say yes, speak, Lord. Speak to me.
Oh, Speak, Lord. Won't you speak to me?
I was so blind, I was so lost until you spoke to me
Oh, speak, Lord. Speak, Lord. And hear my mind,
Oh, with your word, heal my soul
Oh, speak, Lord. Speak to me. Speak, my Lord.
I love you, Lord. Save my soul

Can't sleep at night and you wonder why
Maybe God is trying to tell you something
Crying all night long, something's gone wrong

Oh, you can't sleep at night and you sure wonder why
Maybe god is trying to tell you something

Trying, trying, trying, trying, I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying