I went to Balisi!!! **PICS**

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
AMAZING!!! SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!!! INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!! :clapping::band2::trophy:

PLEASE...share your regimen with us. :notworthy:

Balisi, remember I'm coming home for Christmas. You simply must do my hair. I will be 5 months post-relaxer. :kiss:

balisi

AMAZING!!! SIMPLY BREATHTAKING!!! INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!! :clapping::band2::trophy:

Balisi, remember I'm coming home for Christmas. You simply must do my hair. I will be 5 months post-relaxer. :kiss:

Girl, you know I got you, and anyone else seeking the Salon Balisi experience. :yep:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Your hair looks wonderful.

Great job Balisi :up: So glad she's one of us :up: That makes her rare among stylists in understanding our hair obsession(s)! :D

DivaRox

OMG-Your hair is making me dizzy:spinning:-absolutely beautiful! Hats off to Balisi-wonderful, wonderful, wonderful results

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
The hair is just beautiful. It is so black and shiny. Contrasted against that pink shirt makes the hair and the picture just pop! Sigh...just beautiful...:spinning::grin:!

so so chic

Looking at these pics, there is no visible sign of the breakage, I think that's just between you and Balisi. It's just beautiful and overtime all of that damage will be healed.

Balisi thought I was crazy too, when I first sat down talking about half of my hair came out one day, and how much hair I'd lost, but when she began to flat iron it, small sections at a time, she was able to see the breakage. It's not the worst, but the is DEFINITELY a great deal. There are pieces that I would say are around 3 or 4 inches long, scattered thoughout my head. I never knew it, I just knew my hair was MUCH thinner than it use to be, but now I understand why.

Overall, it does look great. One thing that I also love about Balisi is that she showed me the breakage. Maybe all stylists do this, but I'm used to going to the Dominicans where the most they say to me is, "Straight or Body" :lachen:. So having someone to really look at my hair and point things out to me were great. Had she just done my hair and not pointed out the breakage, I would have had no idea.

so so chic

I really wish I had a regimen, but I don't. I've been doing so many different things, on and off, that I can't attribute the way my hair looks to anything specific.
I feel that what helped my hair in the beginning was not getting relaxers anymore. Next, I was getting a press for a while, before learning about the Dominicans. I went to them faithfully for about 3-4 years . I know a lot of people wouldn't agree that's a good thing, but it didn't hurt me. After getting in the LHCF, last year is when I really began practicing some of the things taught on here. I did the CW daily and bunning for about 2 months I think. After that, my hair had really grown a lot. Since then, I've been wearing protective syles about 80% of the time, and over the past 4-5 months, I've been doing it myself, which as been with no heat 90% of the time. I don't have a specific shampoo and conditioner that I swear by, but I have been using CON (green) and Motions Moisture Plus, as well as Elasta DPR-11 the most lately. Well, I do swear by NTM silk touch leave-in. I also use Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangler, Salerm 21 for my rollersets, and Giovanni Direct Leave-in. Also to detangle, I like to use just plain water a lot...it works great. If I contine to wear it straight like this, I will get it done every two weeks. Morning and night, I will moisturize with NTM and seal w/ coconut oi. I'l wrap it at night. The first week I'll wear it down, and the second, I'll wear it up. If it's curly, I'll pincurl it at night instead of wrapping. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give as much as I could.

so so chic

Your hair looks wonderful.

Great job Balisi :up: So glad she's one of us :up: That makes her rare among stylists in understanding our hair obsession(s)! :D

This is soooooooooooo true. Her being "one of us", is why I didn't mind taking the chance. I can see someone's hair looking good all day, but that has NOTHING to do with how the stylists handles it. The average stylist would have ripped though my hair. Also, I LOVED being about to speak freely about my obsession with hair with her. Anyone else would have been looking at me like I was crazy!!! Because she knows how "we are", is a good enough reason for me to keep going to her. I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, been so happy after getting up out of a salon chair. OK, I'm done. One last thing, my BF LOVES it. He says it looks the best that he's seen it :yep:.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I really wish I had a regimen, but I don't. I've been doing so many different things, on and off, that I can't attribute the way my hair looks to anything specific.
I feel that what helped my hair in the beginning was not getting relaxers anymore. Next, I was getting a press for a while, before learning about the Dominicans. I went to them faithfully for about 3-4 years . I know a lot of people wouldn't agree that's a good thing, but it didn't hurt me. After getting in the LHCF, last year is when I really began practicing some of the things taught on here. I did the CW daily and bunning for about 2 months I think. After that, my hair had really grown a lot. Since then, I've been wearing protective syles about 80% of the time, and over the past 4-5 months, I've been doing it myself, which as been with no heat 90% of the time. I don't have a specific shampoo and conditioner that I swear by, but I have been using CON (green) and Motions Moisture Plus, as well as Elasta DPR-11 the most lately. Well, I do swear by NTM silk touch leave-in. I also use Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangler, Salerm 21 for my rollersets, and Giovanni Direct Leave-in. Also to detangle, I like to use just plain water a lot...it works great. If I contine to wear it straight like this, I will get it done every two weeks. Morning and night, I will moisturize with NTM and seal w/ coconut oi. I'l wrap it at night. The first week I'll wear it down, and the second, I'll wear it up. If it's curly, I'll pincurl it at night instead of wrapping. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give as much as I could.

Thank you, sweetness! Nevermind the long post. Your explanation has helped more than just me. Everyone I know who goes to the Dominicans have long, healthy hair. I think there's something to that. :yep: My ultimate goal is to go back to being natural once and for all. You have given me and others the inspiration to know that it can be done. Your hair is healthy and gorgeous. CONGRATULAIONS again for all your success!! :clapping:

zzirvingj

OH.MY.GOODNESS.

Your hair is ridiculous!!!!

Simply put, it is PERFECT.

I am so glad you had a wonderful experience with a wonderful stylist. Congratulations on taking such good care of your hair. Despite any breakage, it still looks wonderful. Just keep doing what you're doing; whatever it is. If I were you I'd be taking extra stops to the restroom at work just to look at my own hair, LOL! :spinning: It is sooooo shiny and healthy!!

Balisi, you are phenomenal! You obviously don't have to prove your talent to anyone; the proof is in the pictures.

WONDERFUL JOB AND BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

cocosweet

Well, I've been trying to take good care of my hair, but I did have a set back a while ago that caused a lot of shedding/breakage. Balisi, did find a lot of areas with breakage, but after nearly breaking down in tears after seeing it, I was able to walk out of there smiling after such excellent work that she did. I knew that my hair had came out a lot, but I didn't know that I had so many areas of broken off hair...it was so depressing. But in the end, my hair looked so good, I forgot all about the breakage :grin:.
You would never know it looking at your hair. Jaw dropping Beautiful!