If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

DMarie

I read some place on this thread that the yolk has 250 mg of Cysteine. Is it the amount of cysteine in the egg yolk or is it the protein in general that causes the hair to grow faster??

DMarie

beloved1

Hmmm. . . this must be the missing link for me. When I first joined the board in February I was experiencing almost an inch per month and I was on Atkins (induction phase- when you eat lots of eggs, meat, etc.). Now I'm just maintaining and I'm still eating lots of protein and getting good growth (maybe like 1/2" a month) but it's not the same and the main thing is I'm not eating all those omelets I was making! Well, I got lots of eggs in the fridge so let me go get back on the bandwagon! I love them scrambled with cheese:)

mscounselor

I just wanted to warn those of you that are on the egg challenge to try and eat organic ones. I did some research on things that could be causing my endometriosis to flare up so much and the stuff I read mentionned that due to the hormones that are fed to chickens and other animals to speed their growth, it could be ingested when you eat them. I would hate to see you develop another problem while trying to grow your hair.
If you haven't seen any problems, good for you. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Sunday 7/17, I decided to take on this challenge again! :grin: I bought two cartons of 18 and one carton of 12 eggs (total of 48 eggs) to last me for one week.

On Monday 7/18, I started eating six eggs a day (3 for breakfast, 3 for dinner). I just get up in the morning and boil the eggs in a pot of water on the stove for 10-15 minutes. Btw, I only eat the egg whites; I don't like the yolk part.

After two days, I've enjoyed eating eggs. I've also been noticing a difference with my hair! It's silkier, stronger, and growing! My hair is 1.5" right now... I will report a month or so later from now on my progress. ;)

shunemite

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

AngelForLove said:
I read in Shape magazine's book (Shape Your Life) that you can eat up to seven eggs a week healthily.

False, I don't know WHY that magazine said that. The cholesterol in eggs will KILL you. If you must eat all those eggs, take out the yolk. That's where the cholesterol is.

Eggs are also high in sulfur content for hair growth. Like cabbage and beef, that's why you get smelly gas if you eat a lot. All that sulfur turns into hydrogen sulfide in your system.

BMoreFlyy

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Gro

I eat alot of eggs, but I haven't ever stopped to see if that had anything to do with hair growth. I just like them.

cece22

Well my hair should be taking off I eat at least 2-3 a day 5 days a week. I am on Atkins now I am just eating the whites I never ate so many eggs in my life.

LondonDiva

mscounselor said:
I just wanted to warn those of you that are on the egg challenge to try and eat organic ones. I did some research on things that could be causing my endometriosis to flare up so much and the stuff I read mentionned that due to the hormones that are fed to chickens and other animals to speed their growth, it could be ingested when you eat them. I would hate to see you develop another problem while trying to grow your hair.
If you haven't seen any problems, good for you. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

Thanks for that. I will buy organic from now on. I have to get back on this egg bandwagon.

Peachtree

mscounselor said:

Thanks for the info. I don't eat eggs (can't stand them, lol), but I'm glad u posted this as a warning to other ladies. :up:

firecracker

Interesting. I love eggs! Oh my goodness eggs are like toilet paper and paper towels in my house. I love them any and everyway. :D My hair does grow but not at a rapid rate. I have done the BC several times in my life. My hair has always grow back to shoulder length within a years time but I had a relaxer. My newest challenge when I did this BC was to see how fast it will grow natural. I just want long natural curly/coily hair w/fly color!! I am going to eat more eggs, wash several times weekly and deep condition to see if I get rapid growth.

beloved1

I've been trying to stick with the eggs, still not as consistent as I was the first month- continuing to get about an inch.

I just finished 4 eggs scrambled with cheese. It was yummy, but I don't typically eat that many at a time.

Suri

When I was pregnant i DEVOURED hard-boiled eggs everyday. Like six in AM and three more in the afternoon. Currently because of my diet I eat egg whites ONLY all the time! I wonder if this growth only comes when you eat both the yolk and whites. I am not too fond of eating the yolk, it's fattening, but I have a feeling that that is where a lot of the 'other' nutrients come from.

foxybrownsugar

I eat scrambled eggs & cheese just about every morning. It is one of the worlds most complete foods meaning it has all the vitamins and protein a chick would need. And i have never believed the cholesterol hype there is very little within the yolk. Most of the cholesterol comes from adding tons of butter/margarine to the pan. I only spray my pan with pam so as not to stick.
Also the yolk contains sulfur and selenium along with the biotin.

toinette

Tricking the president
why do people say egg yolk is fattening? there are only 70 calories in an egg so if you make a veggie omelette or scrambled eggs, it shouldn't be more than 200-250 calories for 1 meal. not very high at all.

blackbarbie

It's funny that I was going to post something about eggs yesterday and then I saw this post! I may need to start a separate thread, but my question/comment is this: When I was younger, I would see my aunts and my mother make a mayo and egg combination and deep condition their hair with it. My mother still does it today' (she is not relaxed; she presses weekly. Hair is very thick and would probably grow much longer, but she purposely keeps it trimmed at shoulder length.) The mayo is for the conditioning and the egg for a protein treatment. I was wondering if anyonehere has heard of it and have done it.

As far as eating eggs and it having a direct correlation on hair growth, eggs are another form of protein and eating eggs is no different than eating chicken or fish. I work out a great deal and to make sure I get enough protein to rebuild my muscles, in addition to fish and chicken, I go through my fair share of eggs weekly (mostly egg whites; about 9 or 10 weekly), and I would have to say that I have seen more immediate growth in the past 3 weeks since using MTG and Surge than in my last 10 years of increasing my egg intake to keep up with my weight lifting.

Just my .02

napgurl

CaramelKiss said:
I also know some folks who did Atkins diet and their hair took off from all the eggs and other meat proteins they were consumming.
Yes. I ate eggs in the morning and at lunch and my hair grew like weed and was shiny. Now I wish I didn't listen to the nay sayers because I stopped the diet because someone said it would lead to hair loss, but personally, my hair never and I mean never, looked so beautiful. I know I owe it to eggs.

karezone

If it worked for you, go for it.

I eat boiled eggs and scrambled eggs in the caf 3-4 days a week.

Amarech

I luuv me some eggs! And I got the best kind. A coworker of mine raises chickens herself. The ones she has now she raised from chicks. I purchased some eggs from her and the quality is much better. Plus they get fed corn grain, natural feed and can run around free and not caged up.

I have noticed a stark difference in myself too. My nails start growing better when I eat eggs ( the store ones). I noticed a difference when my nails started growing better in 2 days!

If my nails are doing that, I wonder how my hair will turn out?

MzTami

Hellerrrr
What about beans!! They are very high in protein too. :D
It is one of the healthiest foods you can eat.

Ladylynn

I have stopped eating them since coming back to the states. I did noticed that while overseas, I ate two eggs a day. My hair grew like crazy. That with the help of the humidity. I'm going back to eating 2 a day.

foxybrownsugar

Im going to try eggland's best. Its suppose to be omega rich from chickens that were fed omega fatty acids. Organic-low saturated fat I think too.