If your hair could not be Damaged...

If your hair could not be damaged would you change or do more?

• Relax

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Color

Votes: 85 57.8%
  • Heat style

Votes: 100 68.0%
  • Other(explain please)

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lylddlebit

If your hair could not be damaged or break off from abuse what things would you do with your hair that you don't do at all or as much as you would like to now. I would press my hair more. I would rush through combing, styling and detangling my hair instead of taking my time to prevent breakage. I would use the cheapest products with pleasant smells on my hair. I would let students at the beauty college do my hair. I would just love my hair with the cheapest and smallest hassle to get what I want from it.

What practices/products would you use or forgo if your hair could not be damaged as you cared for and styled it? Poll and responses please.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'd curl my hair more with heat. I hate sitting under the dryer, I do it for DC's and that for some reason is not as bad as doing it for roller sets. I cringe everytime, I don't know why I hate it so much.

I love the way my hair looks from using the curling iron versus roller setting, especially the further I get away from my fresh relaxer date, I throw that hot curling iron in it, and oh boy I'm in love....

ms.blue

I would heat style more or trying hair coloring. I actually don't mind the detangling part so much but it would be easier if my hair was straight.

Barbie83

I would use whatever cheapie stuff smelled good, not even thinking about sulfates...

I would blow-dry....

I would whip out that flat iron/curling iron EVERY day...

I would lighten my whole base color to a medium honey brown, and then throw in a bunch of highlights for summer :yep:

I would relax whenever I got the urge :look:

I would glue in tracks whenever i was in the mood for a quick look-change....

I would fall asleep with my hair loose and sexy every night, and would probably burn my scarves....

I would brush my edges while soaking wet to get the smoothest look....

Wow, I need help.

sexyeyes3616

I would flat iron everytime I wash my hair. Rollersetting is such a headache.

I'd cut out protective styling and wear my hair down everyday.

Last edited:

Eluv

1) Heat style

2) Trash the silk/satin pillow case & bonnets

3) I would use the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner

4) Wear microbraids

JJamiah

OOOh, I am happy with relaxing every 4 months so that wouldn't change!

I'd color my hair with some brown highlights, I'd comb and brush my hair for hours I love the way it feels on my scalp. I'd wash 3 times a week, blow dry it each time and flat iron it.

I'd let my kids play in it more often. :D

I'd steam daily!

madamdot

Definitely color! I would color my hair. I henna but I think my hair is stain resistant so I am not getting the pretty color everyone else is getting :(

Flat ironing has become such a pain now that I am not sure I would actually do it more.

Lylddlebit

I would cut my hair more often into styles like I used to...No damage means no hassle in getting your length back. I forgot that one.

Minty

I'd relax at the first sight of new growth. I'd wash it every other day with just the shampoo/conditioner set. I'd color and get blowouts frequently.

lux10023

i would color it---i am not a fan of blk hair--very blah to me....

so i would experiment alot with color---
i would not wear a scarf to bed---i dont like having any pressure on my head
i would let hubby pull it more...lol

SelfStyled

I would use whatever cheapie stuff smelled good, not even thinking about sulfates...

I would blow-dry....

I would whip out that flat iron/curling iron EVERY day...

I would lighten my whole base color to a medium honey brown, and then throw in a bunch of highlights for summer :yep:

I would relax whenever I got the urge :look:

I would glue in tracks whenever i was in the mood for a quick look-change....

I would fall asleep with my hair loose and sexy every night, and would probably burn my scarves....

I would brush my edges while soaking wet to get the smoothest look....

Wow, I need help.

You are so FUNNY!

Let's see....

I would weave all the time. It would be so easy to workout with weaves:look:

I would get some highlights

I would use heat even more than I already do

I would never even think about hopping out of the shower to DC

This is a cute thread.

jahzyira

Id bleach my hair platinum blond and dye it some funky color like hot pink or that dark ash/chestnut color ive always wanted

Definitely try out that BKT thingy, I think my fine strands would disintegrate if I tried it now.:nono:

Id take advantage of maximum swingability with daily blowouts and no moisturizer at all.

On relaxer day if my hair is still frizzy id slather relaxer on wet hair to get it extra bonelaxed

Id use the finest tooth comb to keep my hair extra detangled

otegwu

this is a really great thread, I would relax tong, and get honey highlights so I had the kim kay swangy look ( when she was blonde so hot :)

carib_n_curly

i'd colour. i'd dye it a dark golden blonde; dark purple;dark blue and then different shades of brown
i would blow dry every 2 weeks
i would try BKT as well. i wouldn't do it because i've had heat damage before and i'm not rocking the boat

Amerie123

this thread is a tease. LOL.. but the things i would do, besides wearing it down most of the times, i would use heat a lot more often.

lilsparkle825

I have really grown to not want to trade my texture or color for another ever since I went natural, so I'd simply wear WNGs more often. I straighten via Dominican blowouts maybe 4 times a year, and that's enough for me. This coming winter I plan on rollersetting all winter, and that's not damaging anyway. It's just that in the summer, I LOOOOVE the feeling of wet hair, but my ends always go haywire and tangle up, causing me to have to detangle more, and then they break. If I could WNG and detangle every day, I'd be in love.

Bnster

I voted Other.

I would wear my hair out more. I am afraid of dry ends and breakage. I am just below SL and don't want to screw this up. I feel APL just around the corner and I still don't know if it would be safe to wear my hair out more often.

I just doesn't feel safe. Hum.

Yes I will use heat more often and be more adventurous with my hair. No wild hair colour for me, but some nice highlights would be nice.