I'll be honest, all this growth is due to the vitamins

Candy_C

Nothing topical, added to my scalp gave me much length...maybe a lilly...

nothing i did, or a techniques, helped significantly for growth and thickness

its was all down to the vitamins, thats all i can say!

without them, i dont think hair is gonna grow much or get much (as fast) or thicker, unless your hair is fast growing anyway.

-biotin
-nac (n-acytel-cysteine
-multi
-flaxseed oil
-and b50 complex

all contributed to me getting to waistlength(ish) so quickly and properly!!!

anybody else think the same??

i'm not saying all the other healthy factors didnt help cos they really did!!!

frequent washing helped with length, but not thickness...my ends became thin

so for growth and thickness, the overall winner was biotin!

for maintenance, i would say water based products and also overnight oiling...

candy xx

Last edited:

jaded_faerie

Candy_C said:

nothing i did, or a technques helped significantly for growth and thickness

without them, i dont think hair is gonna grow much or get much thicker, unless your hair is fast growing anyway.

biotin
nac
multi
flax
and b50

candy xx

What made you come to that conclusion? Its quite interesting, but I can definately see why it may be true.

Candy_C

jaded_faerie said:
What made you come to that conclusion? Its quite interesting, but I can definately see why it may be true.

a nice young lady sent me a message today asking what contributed to my growth

she mentioned some techniques

but to be honest it was the vitamins.

without them my hair grows like a snail

Nice & Wavy

Well, I have to say that I have used many vitamin supplements for growth, with some good growth that happened, but...when I used the 'boundless tresses serum on my scalp, my hair took off.

Maybe what works for one doesn't work for others...and that's ok.
The one important thing I think is......that we get growth anyway we can.

I do appreciate you sharing how you got your length though...I always loved your hair alot and that you always share what you do to get your hair in great condition.

bellesocialite

This thread is going to push me to stop slacking and start taking my vits regulalary like I should, lol. I am forever forgetting to take them.

LocksOfLuV

i don't know candy.

sure you hair grew hella fast with the vits. but the hard part is retaining and i give you the credit for that. the hardest part of the hair game is retaining the length. no matter how much we use and abuse it it will grow back. but gone ends are forever gone.:(

locabouthair

candy c im sure vitamins helped but i remember u saying that you only comb your hair once a week, i think a lot of people retain length and fullness that way. that might have been a big factor too.

jwhitley6

Candy_C said:

without them, i dont think hair is gonna grow much or get much (as fast) or thicker, unless your hair is fast growing anyway.

-biotin
-nac (n-acytel-cysteine
-multi
-flaxseed oil
-and b50 complex

candy xx

Candy, I agree with you. I had slacked off on taking my vitamins and recently got back to taking them religiously....my hair is growing so fast again. I'm trying to abstain from posting new pics until June 1, but I hope to have some good progress to show you guys. :)

By the way, I take the exact same vitamins as Candy plus MSM.

Bmack

I'm am going to have to get this!!

Nice & Wavy said:
Well, I have to say that I have used many vitamin supplements for growth, with some good growth that happened, but...when I used the 'boundless tresses serum on my scalp, my hair took off.

I do appreciate you sharing how you got your length though...I always loved your hair alot and that you always share what you do to get your hair in great condition.

Lady Esquire

your hair is gorgeous. i absolutely hate taking pills but i have always wanted to include them into my regimen, in order to see if there would be a difference. looking at your hair, you have inspired me to actually do it. i may go on a six-month personal challenge to see if there is a difference.

thanks for sharing.:)

lejardinier

Absolutely true. No amount of topical items can help if you don't have a good healthy base from the inside. I take what you do and more. When I first started avoiding the salon and taking care of my hair myself; I joined Life Extension so that I could purchase my vitamins in bulk and at a discount. Along with cwc with Terax Crema, Pantene and then more Terax my hair grew 8 inches in one year. That was when I wasn't trying hard, hadn't discovered this site and had just gotten sick of the diva that had done my hair for 18 years (cut, cut, cut). Now I've added hemp seed, whey protein shakes, acai, loads more water and monthly colonics. Your hair looks great!
Here's to waist length in 2007!

AwesomelyNappy

Candy, your hair is beautiful! How long was your hair before you started taking the vits regularly? Was it always short or long or medium (shoulderlength)? How long did it take you to acheive the waist leingth-ish hair once you started taking the vits regularly? Are the biotin, nac (n-acytel-cysteine), multi, flaxseed oil, and b50 complex the only vits you've taken for growth? because i know some girls seem to take 10+ vits a day! Do you take MSM at all? And as far as manipulation goes, since someone already said that you dont comb it every day, does that mean you wear protective styles during the week to retain the length? Sorry for so many questions... i just want to know because my hair looks up to your hair, and wants to be like yours when it "grows" up.:)

Naphy

To say the truth, a few days ago I was asking myself if the vits were very important for my internal health, and in my hair journey.
The answer is definitely YES.
When I started my journey, I was taking A LOT of vits, consistently. And my hair growth was amazing.
So, I get back on the track after time off. I'm now taking biotin (5mg) every day, ginkgo biloba, beer leaf and my multi. I also drink 2 cup of green tea per day, but I don't know if this is actually helping.
MSM is very hard in France. I will order it online.
I want hair like yours, and especially WL !:D

foxy kc

This is so not what I wanted to hear :( ....... I absolutely detest vitamins of any kind.....but I guess if I want to reach waist length this year I have to suck it up and start taking 'em.

Does anyone know if biotin or flaxseed oil makes you gain weight?

Candy_C

awesomely_nappy said:
Candy, your hair is beautiful! How long was your hair before you started taking the vits regularly? Was it always short or long or medium (shoulderlength)? How long did it take you to acheive the waist leingth-ish hair once you started taking the vits regularly? Are the biotin, nac (n-acytel-cysteine), multi, flaxseed oil, and b50 complex the only vits you've taken for growth? because i know some girls seem to take 10+ vits a day! Do you take MSM at all? And as far as manipulation goes, since someone already said that you dont comb it every day, does that mean you wear protective styles during the week to retain the length? Sorry for so many questions... i just want to know because my hair looks up to your hair, and wants to be like yours when it "grows" up.:)

hi chick, my hair always grew to shoulderlength and then broke off, was dry...although naturally thick, not as thick as now.

i started vits right at the beginning of my journey. I would say about Jaunary 2005 - Janurary 2007. 2 years! included some really big chops in the beginning due to heat damage, i lost about 5 inches of bad hair in this time.

i've only ever taken 5 vits a day. the flax is an oil, which lessens the fact of swallowing tablets.

i think too many vits will cause less growth cos the body wont be balanced. i take a multi for all the other goodies - i took msm once for like 2 weeks - gave me spots and i didnt like that!!

Yes, i retain length by combing once a weeks and wearing protective styles every single day :)

But all the growth was due to the vitamins. keeping the length was the protective styles etc. nothing else ever gave me growth though.

ps. i've added white tea to the list of my vitamin regime and its a great beverage full of antioxidants

Candy_C

foxy kc said:
This is so not what I wanted to hear :( ....... I absolutely detest vitamins of any kind.....but I guess if I want to reach waist length this year I have to suck it up and start taking 'em.

Does anyone know if biotin or flaxseed oil makes you gain weight?

arr babes, why dont you try a liquid vitamin?

like a liquid multi, just squeeze a drop under your tongue.

theres so many alternative to tablets, even vitamin shakes :)

flax apparently aids in losing weight

and also biotin. biotin flushes away toxins and can be very helpful to add to a weight loss regime

the only thing thats helping me gain is other health practises i do (as i think i need to gain a few)

Candy_C

Naphy said:
To say the truth, a few days ago I was asking myself if the vits were very important for my internal health, and in my hair journey.
The answer is definitely YES.
When I started my journey, I was taking A LOT of vits, consistently. And my hair growth was amazing.
So, I get back on the track after time off. I'm now taking biotin (5mg) every day, ginkgo biloba, beer leaf and my multi. I also drink 2 cup of green tea per day, but I don't know if this is actually helping.MSM is very hard in France. I will order it online.
I want hair like yours, and especially WL !:D

i think it will help your growth as i also drank green tea when taking these vitamins before and my hair flourished.

i now drink white tea...its more expensive than green tea, but it cantains more cancer-fighting properties and isnt as "grassy" tasting as green tea...try it :)

Candy_C

Blackoutzangel05 said:
adding flaxseed oil and b50 to my daily regimine..Your hair is beautiful Candy and your length is where I aim to be....

and you will definately get there!!!

Candy_C

jwhitley6 said:
Candy, I agree with you. I had slacked off on taking my vitamins and recently got back to taking them religiously....my hair is growing so fast again. I'm trying to abstain from posting new pics until June 1, but I hope to have some good progress to show you guys. :)

By the way, I take the exact same vitamins as Candy plus MSM.

oh kool! I WISH i could take msm cos it contains plenty of sulphur, just like biotin which is the key element of hair and nails and skin, as well as keratin.

if they ever make a keratin supplement i would take it! but they havent forumulated one for the body to digest yet :(

Candy_C

locabouthair said:
candy c im sure vitamins helped but i remember u saying that you only comb your hair once a week, i think a lot of people retain length and fullness that way. that might have been a big factor too.

oh yes your right

but i meant for hair growth , the only thing thats made my hair grow faster is the vitamins..

now for retaining...no combing is the thing to do, aswell as protective styling, etc etc :)

Candy_C

LocksOfLuV said:
i don't know candy.

sure you hair grew hella fast with the vits. but the hard part is retaining and i give you the credit for that. the hardest part of the hair game is retaining the length. no matter how much we use and abuse it it will grow back. but gone ends are forever gone.:(

oh gosh, your very right. thats why at first i used to pop vits, have all this incredible elngth and not know how to look after it, it soon chipped off...

then i met protective styles :)

tsiporah

Nice & Wavy said:

Where can I get Boundless Tresses? :drunk:

Todah! (Thanks)

Tsipy

tsiporah

Candy_C said:

-biotin
-nac (n-acytel-cysteine
-multi
-flaxseed oil
-and b50 complex

candy xx

Very nice hair!!! (Now pulling out my wallet for the NAC.):lol:

Tsipy

Candy_C

tsiporah said:
Very nice hair!!! (Now pulling out my wallet for the NAC.):lol:

Tsipy

tee hee! its good stuff

the pic in your signature....he is gorgeous...who is he?

(hope thats not a stupid question)

also, take you NAC with orange juice, and on an empty stomach :)

MrsBKJ

Hey. Wow thats great! I wish I had the dedication to keep take them daily!
I havent read through all the posts and so somebody may have asked...how has this affected the hair on the rest of your body? Cheeky question I know but thats one of the reason i dont take supplements either...lol

Thanks
Uzz