I'll be honest, all this growth is due to the vitamins

Lavendar

Great thread Candy!!! I do agree. Biotin really kicked my growth into high gear. It took about 4 weeks to get into my system, but the difference was remarkable. I only take biotin though cause I hate to take pills and the VS 5 mg are tiny and easy to swallow. Once I started Boundless Tresses my new growth came in a week earlier....the combination of the two is just awesome!

gymfreak336

Malice said:
NAC when it breaks down is pretty much the same as L-Cysteine but I chose the NAC because it's absorbed & released better and it's safer to take continuously over a period of time. I believe you can only take L-Cysteine in spurts.

You are right. L-cyteine should only be taken 2-3 months at a time followed by a 2-3 month break. Remember to take vitamin c with your amino acids.

Candy_C

Nazarite27 said:
I have a question. Would you mind giving me a breakdown of each supplement and how many times a day you would take them? Also, how many tablespoons of the Flax Seed Oil did you take per day? TIA

hey!

tkj25 answered alot of the things about NAC (thanks hun)...

i find nac more tolerable, in terms of safety in the body once consumed, and yes its ok to take continuously. i shall be taking it all the time, without a break unless i HAVE to,,,

nac is exactly the same as l-cysteine, just easier to absorb into the body :)

(and easier to find)!

nazarite27: hi,

biotin (1,000mcg) - 1mg (quite small, but i get amazing results - with 5,000mcg i have hair that was growing too thick too fast - which resulted in more relaxers per year - which is not good)

i take this with b50complex (swallow at the same time) b50 energises the biotin, and i wouldnt take biotin without it really as i think it would be wasted (its recommeneded to take biotin with bcomplex)

my nac, is taken 1st thing in the morning, on an empty tummy (after oil-pulling (off topic forum)) i read its better to do this, (online) as it is an antioxidant and can help detoxify "last nights" toxins and it works better for me this way. its true about healing, my pimples go the same day they pop up, and they dont even "pop" up anymroe, they are small like a pin prick - no scars at all either!! my skin is glowing

i then take my multi with dinner.

and in my last evening meal i take 1 tablespoon of flax and just swallow it straight and follow with water!

hope that helps

glad alot of people take supplements as they really do help. that BT stuff sounds great, i've not used anything topical for ages, as i dont comb and it would probabley call for a change in my whole regime.

i've found sulphur topical aids the best in growth if any. i once used la india (quinine sulphate) and sulfur 8 - they were ok, but they smell

flaxseed oils my scalp from the inside

my hair is very moisturized

and even smells like flaxseed oil by wash day lol

candy xx

Malice

Candy_C said:
hey!
my nac, is taken 1st thing in the morning, on an empty tummy (after oil-pulling (off topic forum)) i read its better to do this, (online) as it is an antioxidant and can help detoxify "last nights" toxins and it works better for me this way. its true about healing, my pimples go the same day they pop up, and they dont even "pop" up anymroe, they are small like a pin prick - no scars at all either!! my skin is glowing

candy xx

Thanks for this info, that answers my question about the NAC. I would usually take it with my Centrium and Hair Skin & Nails all at the same time with my meals. I'm gonna start taking it first thing in the morning, that will help me take it the 3 times a day I'm suppose to, since I mostly eat just twice sometimes once a day in between drinking water. I'm gonna have to look up that "oil-pulling" I've noticed my skin is alot clearer since taking all these vitamins, and I just overall feel better. I'm going to buy a separate bottle of Biotin and B-Complex today, my hair skin and nails will probably be gone in another week or two so mind as well get the others kickin it. Thanks again for sharing all this info, very informative and inspiring coming from a WSL head.

Nazarite27

Candy_C said:
hey!

tkj25 answered alot of the things about NAC (thanks hun)...

i find nac more tolerable, in terms of safety in the body once consumed, and yes its ok to take continuously. i shall be taking it all the time, without a break unless i HAVE to,,,

nac is exactly the same as l-cysteine, just easier to absorb into the body :)

(and easier to find)!

nazarite27: hi,

biotin (1,000mcg) - 1mg (quite small, but i get amazing results - with 5,000mcg i have hair that was growing too thick too fast - which resulted in more relaxers per year - which is not good)

i take this with b50complex (swallow at the same time) b50 energises the biotin, and i wouldnt take biotin without it really as i think it would be wasted (its recommeneded to take biotin with bcomplex)

i then take my multi with dinner.

and in my last evening meal i take 1 tablespoon of flax and just swallow it straight and follow with water!

hope that helps

glad alot of people take supplements as they really do help. that BT stuff sounds great, i've not used anything topical for ages, as i dont comb and it would probabley call for a change in my whole regime.

i've found sulphur topical aids the best in growth if any. i once used la india (quinine sulphate) and sulfur 8 - they were ok, but they smell

flaxseed oils my scalp from the inside

my hair is very moisturized

and even smells like flaxseed oil by wash day lol

candy xx

Thanks so much. You're hair is beautiful and looks very healthy. I just began taking the same vitamins/supplements today (along with lots and lots of water) and I just started with BT yesterday. I'm hoping to get major growth. :)

Lusa

Much respect to anyone that can handle taking vitamins and supplements every day. I have tons of half-full bottles of vitamins I know I should take to complement my diet but I can't get a handle on it, it's not for me. :perplexed

Candy_C

Lusa said:
Much respect to anyone that can handle taking vitamins and supplements every day. I have tons of half-full bottles of vitamins I know I should take to complement my diet but I can't get a handle on it, it's not for me. :perplexed

arr hun, you should try and find vits in a liquid form!!!

locabouthair

im using flaxseed now. and i havent noticed any changes in my hair. i was really doing it because i heard from u cancy c and other people that it make sur hair really shiny but i havent noticed anything.

Candy_C

locabouthair said:
im using flaxseed now. and i havent noticed any changes in my hair. i was really doing it because i heard from u cancy c and other people that it make sur hair really shiny but i havent noticed anything.

how long have you took if for? hun?

do you take the oil or the tablet??

i've never liked tablet forms of omega oils....a tablespoon a day is much better and contains nearly 4x more mg than tabs

i noticed a change in my body with the oil after 5 days

1st my skin was moisturized and almost oily around my nose

and then my hair ends were moistened with sebum and looked liek i had done a good oiling

after 2 weeks it regulated, and my face was glowing andf hair was moisturized rather than lank.

locabouthair

ive been taking it for about 3 weeks consistently , i think. i take a little more than a tablespoon of the oil everyday,i havent noticed anything with my skin either. i guess everything isnt for everyone.

Candy_C

oooh i see

some vitamins take 3 months to settle into the system

are you taking oil of primrose, or fish oils? if so, then you wont see much of a difference as these have the same components

then theres always the chance that it doesnt work for everyone

good luck xx

angie10

Your hair is very beautiful. I think vitamins are good too, and I also prefer to eat healthy food. That helps me a lot.

Lusa

Candy_C said:
arr hun, you should try and find vits in a liquid form!!!

Here's my blonde moment....I can get vitamins in liquid form? I am so behind the times; this is perfect since I have a hard time swallowing those horse pills. Which ones would you recommend? Any specific brands I should be on the look out for?

WhipEffectz1

Lusa said:
Here's my blonde moment....I can get vitamins in liquid form? I am so behind the times; this is perfect since I have a hard time swallowing those horse pills. Which ones would you recommend? Any specific brands I should be on the look out for?

Go to a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and they have a Liquid Vitamin section plus if you stroll up and down the aisles you will find some more on the shelves. Also, when you're in doubt, just (((((((ask))))))) the salesperson questions/advice or where something is located. I currently take MSM, B-Complex, Biosil Silica, flaxseed, and Vitamin C in liquid form in addition to my other vitamin capsules.

Last edited:

Candy_C

whipeffects put it into context. definately ask, they will be obliged i'm sure.

i've seen a few online

brand isnt really important...the label at the back is and the amoung of mg, mcg is too

good luck

candy

xx

gharp001

Candy_C said:
whipeffects put it into context. definately ask, they will be obliged i'm sure.

i've seen a few online

brand isnt really important...the label at the back is and the amoung of mg, mcg is too

good luck

candy

xx

This is so true, the brand isn't important. I had been buying Nioxin Recharging Complex for 6 months taking 2 caplets a day, and really didn't see any major growth during this time nor did my nails grow faster. I switched over to Natrol Skin, Hair & Nails which has higher percentages of minerals and within a month I can see a different. The Nioxin costed about $25-30 a botte and the Natrol $7.00. :lol:

Lusa

Candy C, thanks for the info. I went out this weekend and purchased Source of Life - liquid multi. It doesn't taste too bad, and the chaser of juice helps. It contains good stuff to supplement my diet and I think this is something I can stick to. ;)

CurleeDST

Glad to hear everyone is seriously considering supplements. With many of our busy schedules it can be difficult to eat right and get all of the necessary nutrients our body needs to function properly. Supplements can definitely be the answer.

I would also recommend everyone increase their water intake (take your body weight, divide it by 2 and that should be the minimum amount of water you consume in ounces), steer clear of fried foods and eat more baked or broiled meat. Sautee your veggies for no more than 5 minutes in olive oil to preserve their vitamins and eat fresh fruit whenever possible in whatever form (i.e. smoothie, topped with plain yogurt, etc.).

All of this should definitely aid in positive and strong healthy hair growth. Work out with cardio which improves circulation and helps carry vitamins and minerals to the hair follicle for improved strengthened growth.

Candy BEAUTIFUL HAIR!! And why did I click on your myspace by accident and was like "oh my". You have a great sense of humor.

Blaque*Angel

hey candy girl :wave:,

i was taking the vitamins you take for a month and i was not pleased with the body hair i experienced... my legs were hairy for the first time in my life....

also it looked like i was gonna get side burns and a moustache....

do you experience unwanted body hair with all the vits you consume?

guesswho

Lusa said:

That's funny I'm here laughing and my BLONDE co-worker ask me what I'm laughing at, I told her she don't wanna no lol.:lachen: :lachen:

ebonylocs

Hi Candy,

I've heard you and others give biotin good reviews, so I've tried it again. But dang, this thing makes me break out. Same thing happened last time - actually, it was worse. Strange how msm makes you break out, but for me, msm is fine, but once i add biotin all hell breaks out (literally) on my face.

Maybe its taking the two of them together that causes problems.

DO you get all your vits at Holland and Barrett? (I'm in UK too)

deejoy

Yep, I dont really do much to my hair topically. So vitamins and the fact that it grows a lot on its own have gotten me a lot of growth.

Candy_C

CurleeDST said:
Glad to hear everyone is seriously considering supplements. With many of our busy schedules it can be difficult to eat right and get all of the necessary nutrients our body needs to function properly. Supplements can definitely be the answer.

I would also recommend everyone increase their water intake (take your body weight, divide it by 2 and that should be the minimum amount of water you consume in ounces), steer clear of fried foods and eat more baked or broiled meat. Sautee your veggies for no more than 5 minutes in olive oil to preserve their vitamins and eat fresh fruit whenever possible in whatever form (i.e. smoothie, topped with plain yogurt, etc.).

All of this should definitely aid in positive and strong healthy hair growth. Work out with cardio which improves circulation and helps carry vitamins and minerals to the hair follicle for improved strengthened growth.

Candy BEAUTIFUL HAIR!! And why did I click on your myspace by accident and was like "oh my". You have a great sense of humor.

haha, yeah i am a bit crazy arent i? lol

thanks for your compliments; helps me keep on track!

i think vitamins are god-given things.

i take a vitamin depending on whats going on in my body...i recently suffered from cold sores (Herpes 1 :() so i take lysine and vitamin c with biflavonoids...do u know i havent experienced nothing for the first time in weeks. i feel the tingling, but nothing erupts!

i will slowly add my hair vitamins after a month , and just take biotin-b50 and flaxseed as i have reached my goal, and now just want to maintain thickness. i will go back to biotin 5mg, which gave me thicker hair just so i can keep these ends big n bushy, just how i like em :)

- hey girlies, i dont have any excess hair, i'm normally hairy for a girl, and dont experience more hair, other than eyebrows growing back in quicker and thats about it! mess around with the dosage to see what suits you, if biotin doesnt work, there are a million other tablets:

sea kelp (iodine)
n-acytel-cysteine
whey protein
soy protein
lecithin

and many more. i just think biotin is the King.

Off Topic: had my hair relaxed today, its officially waistlength now, so happy that the vits helped me so much in getting to my ultimate goal..now my new ultimate goal is hiplength blunt cut :)

good luck ladies, and do plenty of research...so many vits out there you can take, just think carefully about how your body works, and when it works best..

do you feel overall better in the summer? then how about starting a new regime this summer to bosst you even more

do yuou have a low immune system? get on some vitamin c with biflavoinids and siberian ginseng...how about olive leaf extract? you have to start from the bottom up, and then when you body is good to go, get on with the hair vitamins.

good luck everyone

Candy

ps. i've been taking vitamin c with biflavonoids for just one week and my nails are strrrrrrrrrooonnggggg when b4 they were chipping. so this may be good for hair growth as lots of vits need vitamin c to absorb properley.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Congratulations girl!!!! :D
Candy_C said:
haha, yeah i am a bit crazy arent i? lol

thanks for your compliments; helps me keep on track!

i think vitamins are god-given things.

i take a vitamin depending on whats going on in my body...i recently suffered from cold sores (Herpes 1 :() so i take lysine and vitamin c with biflavonoids...do u know i havent experienced nothing for the first time in weeks. i feel the tingling, but nothing erupts!

i will slowly add my hair vitamins after a month , and just take biotin-b50 and flaxseed as i have reached my goal, and now just want to maintain thickness. i will go back to biotin 5mg, which gave me thicker hair just so i can keep these ends big n bushy, just how i like em :)

- hey girlies, i dont have any excess hair, i'm normally hairy for a girl, and dont experience more hair, other than eyebrows growing back in quicker and thats about it! mess around with the dosage to see what suits you, if biotin doesnt work, there are a million other tablets:

sea kelp (iodine)
n-acytel-cysteine
whey protein

and many more. i just think biotin is the King.

Off Topic: had my hair relaxed today, its officially waistlength now, so happy that the vits helped me so much in getting to my ultimate goal..now my new ultimate goal is hiplength blunt cut :)

good luck ladies, and do plenty of research...so many vits out there you can take, just think carefully about how your body works, and when it works best..

do you feel overall better in the summer? then how about starting a new regime this summer to bosst you even more

do yuou have a low immune system? get on some vitamin c with biflavoinids and siberian ginseng...how about olive leaf extract? you have to start from the bottom up, and then when you body is good to go, get on with the hair vitamins.

good luck everyone

Candy

ps. i've been taking vitamin c with biflavonoids for just one week and my nails are strrrrrrrrrooonnggggg when b4 they were chipping. so this may be good for hair growth as lots of vits need vitamin c to absorb properley.

CurleeDST

Congratulations on meeting your goal Candy C. I just want to warn everyone - check with your physician FIRST before taking these supplements and inform him/her of what you are taking. They can advise you on whether vitamins are the way to go or an improved diet is the way to go. Also you must be careful about how you mix and match all of these as well.

Taking one may negate the effects of the other and vice versa so check in with your physician, make sure you body is in tip top shape and these supplements won't have an adverse reaction to or in your body.

A multi-vitamin, for the most part, should do the trick which has the correct proportions of complementary vits. and minerals your body needs. Anything extra your body flushes away so it could be a waste of money and time to take extra anything.

HTH

MizAvalon

CurleeDST said:

Just wanted to qoute this because it bears repeating. Ladies if you take care of your body from the inside, your hair will benefit greatly!

Great thread Candy!:)

Candy_C

CurleeDST said:
Congratulations on meeting your goal Candy C. I just want to warn everyone - check with your physician FIRST before taking these supplements and inform him/her of what you are taking. They can advise you on whether vitamins are the way to go or an improved diet is the way to go. Also you must be careful about how you mix and match all of these as well.

Taking one may negate the effects of the other and vice versa so check in with your physician, make sure you body is in tip top shape and these supplements won't have an adverse reaction to or in your body.

A multi-vitamin, for the most part, should do the trick which has the correct proportions of complementary vits. and minerals your body needs. Anything extra your body flushes away so it could be a waste of money and time to take extra anything.
HTH

Thankyou sweetie!

I agree with everything you say, except maybe the last part...

i hear the RDA of vitamins is way off for black people.

we need more iron, vs less calcium,,,and many others. theres a great report online somewhere. my uncle who is a healer told me to take a multi vitamin maybe once a week, or every other day and supplement on the energy boosters and protein.

i've stopped taking my multi, and i feel less worn out. not sure WHY. but its worth a thought...i will be back on as of next week. i just like my new vits to absorb without any blockers that may be in the multi.my multi doesnt contain 100% of everything, it contains 33% biotin. now i take 696% RDA of biotin (1,000mcg - 1mg)

Last edited:

Candy_C

BUMP!

having 100's of emails and pm's about my theory on topical growth aids and vitamins..so ima bump this

here is my TRUTH!

i dont slate anybody who uses, makes or sells a topical growth product...more power to you

but this is how i honestly grew my hair to waistlength and hopefully beyond

x