I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED...

LivingDoll

Girlfriend, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling discouraged by a lack of response. Speaking for myself, I'm checking out the site at my job, and this doesn't afford me a lot of time for commentary. But, just to let you know that your hair is BANGING!!!!

I too have short hair; but, when I ran across this board, I was just looking to have my hair be healthy again (especially after I jacked it up this past summer). I put a couple of posts out there, that didn't seem to be received very warmly...so, I just decided to peruse the archives. Talk about a wealth of information!!!!

So, chill-ax and continue to take care of that beautiful head of hair!:grin:

Thanks tazzy! I appreciate it! Make sure you check out the Newbie threads!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Don't feel bad my LHCF sista! When I first came, I felt like I didn't have a lot of responses on here either, so you're not alone. What you do is, if you see someone, like when you read other threads that you believe may be very knowledgable, PM them. That's what I did when I didn't get a good response. For the most part, the women on here are VERY nice. I think it sometimes has to do with the title and time of day of your post. It may get pushed to the back pages because of other threads too. What you do it bump it a few times for more responses. {{{HUGS}}} If you have any questions, you can PM me too:yep: If I can help you I will. If not, I'll try my best to point you in the right direction. Hope this helps!

LivingDoll

Don't feel bad my LHCF sista! When I first came, I felt like I didn't have a lot of responses on here either, so you're not alone. What you do is, if you see someone, like when you read other threads that you believe may be very knowledgable, PM them. That's what I did when I didn't get a good response. For the most part, the women on here are VERY nice. I think it sometimes has to do with the title and time of day of your post. It may get pushed to the back pages because of other threads too. What you do it bump it a few times for more responses. {{{HUGS}}} If you have any questions, you can PM me too:yep: If I can help you I will. If not, I'll try my best to point you in the right direction. Hope this helps!

HAIRapy...thanks so much! I still can't believe people are still responding to this thread! I'm overwhelmed at the show of support and I thank you and all my other LHCF sisters.

Nenah

This has happened to my post countless times. Sometimes I get the response I was looking for in less than 2 post sometimes not. But I don't take it personal and it won't stop me from posting either.:lachen:

kweenameena

Awww sweetie! First of all, welcome! I'm saddened that you feel left out/unloved.
Yes the board can be cliquish just like in highschool. But the people you go to highschool with grow up and become the people you work with or the people you chat on forums with. Just keeping it in perspective. So don't get your feelings hurt. Zero expectations, zero disappointments.

I always search by pressing "New Post" because it's easier for me that way. So unless you had just posted your thread, I wouldn't have seen it. A lot of people navigate thru the forums this way. Or they only visit certain forums. So you aren't being purposely ignored. Like everyone else has said...start pm-ing folk and make your own crew. Build relationships that way. Bump until you get noticed. And sometimes just accept it when you don't get noticed and keep it moving. Some of us are up reading at 2 in the morning and are just too lazy to respond!:look:

For the ladies who post about personal problems: You sometimes might not get responses because your post might hit too close to home for some of us. I hate reading the relationship threads because they can start to remind me of issues that I've tried to let go. Or they can just be very depressing especially the what-would-you-do-if-you-caught-your-man type threads, divorce threads, cheating threads, baby momma threads, black men are $*&^ threads and the other woman threads. It's not that we don't care. I always send up prayers for everyone who asks and even for those who don't. But I don't always have advice to give that hasn't already been given. There's nothing wrong with looking to the board for support, IMO. Sometimes I don't even open threads if the title depresses me.
So please don't take things personal, ladies! I love everyone here!!!

SleepyJean

That I haven't been getting that much support on the board. It seems like everyone was really friendly when I first joined (before I posted a pic). Last week I posted pics and I hardly got any responses. I know this is the "Long Hair Care Forum" but what about the newbies that are starting out with shorter hair, tryna get to Long Hair?

I'm surprised at the lack of encouragement. Everyone who starts out on the board doesn't have SL, APL or BSL hair. We short haired ladies need the same type of encouragement as everyone else. If you have long hair and you made the journey, help a sistah out! :yep:

It's so frustrating:wallbash:...Has anyone else felt this way? Makes me want to stop participating until I get some length.

Yes I did and still do at timess, BUT all I can say is, DON'T WORRY!! I'm here for you, and there are plenty of support threads. here's one below:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=124506&page=10

Last edited:

Sexyred

Oh, please don't feel bad from one Marylander (if that's a word) to the next you can pm me anytime you want. Sometimes it's hard to get responses from the board and other times to your surprise people stop by and show some love, do not let it bother you just keep on doing what you do for the health of your hair and you. Hope you feel better.

kittenz

I remember seeing your thread and I apologize for not posting in it :kiss: believe me it was just laziness and it's that way with some others too. I do remember reading that your cut is very cute and I agree. Don't be discouraged. I don't get many responses in my threads either so I bump them:yep: until I'm satisfied. And it's not about the length- just wait till your hair grows out and you have a killer comparison shot. People will probably be tripping over each other to ask what you did- Okay!

cocopuff06

See, Daephae, look at you gettin all of this :love: :love2: :love5:!!!

From one :newbie: to the next, don't feel :sad:.... At least our thread, excuse me, threads are poppin!!

And clearly there is a lot of love and knowledge in this forum:grin: I know you are as happy as I am to have found this place!

LivingDoll

Awww sweetie! First of all, welcome! I'm saddened that you feel left out/unloved.
Yes the board can be cliquish just like in highschool. But the people you go to highschool with grow up and become the people you work with or the people you chat on forums with. Just keeping it in perspective. So don't get your feelings hurt. Zero expectations, zero disappointments.

I always search by pressing "New Post" because it's easier for me that way. So unless you had just posted your thread, I wouldn't have seen it. A lot of people navigate thru the forums this way. Or they only visit certain forums. So you aren't being purposely ignored. Like everyone else has said...start pm-ing folk and make your own crew. Build relationships that way. Bump until you get noticed. And sometimes just accept it when you don't get noticed and keep it moving. Some of us are up reading at 2 in the morning and are just too lazy to respond!:look:

For the ladies who post about personal problems: You sometimes might not get responses because your post might hit too close to home for some of us. I hate reading the relationship threads because they can start to remind me of issues that I've tried to let go. Or they can just be very depressing especially the what-would-you-do-if-you-caught-your-man type threads, divorce threads, cheating threads, baby momma threads, black men are $*&^ threads and the other woman threads. It's not that we don't care. I always send up prayers for everyone who asks and even for those who don't. But I don't always have advice to give that hasn't already been given. There's nothing wrong with looking to the board for support, IMO. Sometimes I don't even open threads if the title depresses me.
So please don't take things personal, ladies! I love everyone here!!!

Hi Kweenameena, I've never been into any of those threads...there's a whole world that I haven't tapped into!

LivingDoll

See, Daephae, look at you gettin all of this :love: :love2: :love5:!!!

From one :newbie: to the next, don't feel :sad:.... At least our thread, excuse me, threads are poppin!!

And clearly there is a lot of love and knowledge in this forum:grin: I know you are as happy as I am to have found this place!

Hey cocopuff...I was gettin love in our house (the Newbie House)..but when I ventured outside it was cold. The sun has come out and now it feels good out here! :yep:

LivingDoll

Nappyme, shorthairforever, kittenz and sexyred (fellow Marylander)...thanks for sharing your encouragement and experiences. I feel like I gave a voice to the voiceless. Apparently, a lot of people have felt this way at one point or another...it helps to share our experiences. Hopefully the other Newbies can share in the support I received in this thread.:yep:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's not personal. Your post probably got lost. When I first came here, I posted about two thread on specific problems I was having and they were a few responses. The responses I got helped. I didn't need 100 replies. I never post new thread updates, don't have the time but sometimes I get a PM from someone commenting on my hair. I just respond to threads now:lachen:but if I have a specific problem or question I need answered I do a search first, then I nothing comes up I ask the question. I get the replies I need, say thank you and move on. Don't worry about it.

guudhair

It happens to me all the time...don't take it personal (just keep bumpn :grin:)....

BTW your hair looks very thick and healthy :yep: