(!!!) I'm Celebrating TWO Years with Natural Hair (!!!)

alexstin

Poohbear said:
Just wanted to let you ladies know that today marks 2 years since my 1st big chop of going completely natural!!!! :woot: :yay: :weird: :clap:

Here are some comparison pictures:

MAY 2005

MAY 2007

I just recently updated my album as well. You can check out the link and password in my signature below.

Thanks LHCF for everything!!! :kiss:

I love it! Very nice!!!:D

mscocoface

Poohbear, now think back on all those times you were frustrated with your hair, or wasn't sure about your hair care regimen, or didn't think your hair would grow or was growing. Those where all character building moments for you.

How do you feel about those moments now?

What did you do or who did you talk to when it just seem like your goals could not be reached or you were frustrated with your hair?

What advice can you give other ladies who are wanting to reach the goals you have obtained?

Now that you have reached your two year mark are you truly natural for life or is this just a season for you?

I think your comments will help others who are hoping or wondering if it is possible and worth it to do what you have done.;)

Congratulations lady, your efforts and all that you have gone through have really produced some wonderful results. I am so proud of you.

Cayenne0622

Poohbear said:
Just wanted to let you ladies know that today marks 2 years since my 1st big chop of going completely natural!!!! :woot: :yay: :weird: :clap:

MAY 2005

MAY 2007

I just recently updated my album as well. You can check out the link and password in my signature below.

You are such a cutie! You look great with short and long hair! I'm kinda jealous!!....but in a good way! Congratulations!!!;)

Lynnerie

Congratulations Pooh Bear. Your hair is lovely and I must say you rocked the hell outta that BC. Keep doing your thang I love to look at your updates.

RubyWoo

Congratulations!:) You've made AMAZING progress! Your hair is so beautiful and you are really an inspiration! Keep it up!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
mscocoface said:
Poohbear, now think back on all those times you were frustrated with your hair, or wasn't sure about your hair care regimen, or didn't think your hair would grow or was growing. Those where all character building moments for you.
So true!!!

How do you feel about those moments now?
This is a tough question...I'm really not sure how to feel about those moments of frustration or feelings of my hair not growing. During the times of frustration, I would want to cut all my hair off (I still may do it again one day! :D). When I felt like my hair wasn't growing, I try to realize the shrinkage factor. And I stopped measuring my length with a ruler so often. As time progress, I try to think less and less about my hair.

What did you do or who did you talk to when it just seem like your goals could not be reached or you were frustrated with your hair?
When I felt this way, I would send PMs to members or ask questions on LHCF or Nappturality. I have asked questions to a lot of longhaired natural women such as Chicoro, BlackCardinal, DivaStyle, mija, and more! I also constantly look at fotki albums for inspiration such as catheadface, Ms Lala, Bublnbrnsuga, Carefree, SoulfulSista, and many many more! I also browse the regimens of the relaxed and natural Features of the Month.

What advice can you give other ladies who are wanting to reach the goals you have obtained?
Hang in there. Try to leave your hair alone as much as possible. More importantly, try not to think about your hair as much as possible. Also, keep your routine simple with usage of just a few products. Consult ladies who have achieved long hair after having short hair. And check out the features of the month and continue to research on hair care.

Now that you have reached your two year mark are you truly natural for life or is this just a season for you?
Yes, I am Natural for life. This is definitely NOT just a season for me. I went natural because I hated getting relaxer touchups from my mom. I was one of those who had relaxed hair out of habitt and never got to experience my natural hair. I was first introduced to the idea of natural chemical free hair at LHCF. After discovering other ladies with beautiful natural hair, it made no sense to me to relax my hair anymore...the potential burns and overprocessing and thinning! I had enough and feel so relieved now that I'm natural.

ekomba

Poohbear said:

MAY 2005

MAY 2007

Congratulations Poohbear!!!! happy anniversary wow already 2years!!!! time flies seems like yesterday u big chopped but omg i m so loooooooooving the may pix that s frigging gorgeous your hair so full it grew a lot! just looking at the big chop compared to the may pix my jaw dropped :eek: the may pix are hot!!!:p ;) :D