Celebrating 5 YEARS with Natural Hair!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Today May 1st, 2010 marks the day that I've had natural hair for 5 years! I had relaxed hair ever since I was about 10 years old and then I did the big chop when I was 21 years old. I chopped it down to less than 1/2 an inch and now my hair is armpit length. It's been armpit length for awhile due to a couple of cuts and a lot of trims. Right now, I trying to take better care of my hair so I can reach brastrap length at least by the end of this year. I've been avoiding heat and been wearing my hair in buns, curly fros/twistouts, and puffs.

You can check out my journey here:
http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215
password: hairbear

Fhrizzball

Congrats! Your hair is pretty and I love your hairstyles. I'm about your hairlength too with the exception of my pesky bangs that never want to grow. So if you can reach bsl by year's end there's hope for me too.

Angelicus

Have I been a member that long? I remember when you did the BC... then the second BC. Your hair is amazing! I love you and your hair! :love:

ToyToy

Congratulations on your hair journey :)!!! I love your hair and always look at your fotki!

tada1

this is inspiration for me to friggin STAY natural :wallbash: :lachen: congratulations on hanging on poohbear :yup:

Valerie

Congratuations, you have done better than me, I have been natural for 8 years and I have been very lazy with my hair maintance, but for the last two years, I have seen a lot of growth, because I have started looking after it properly. Well Done!

Nina_deF

Congratulations!

I remember when you started ('cause I tryed to start too)!!!

You stuck with it and you are looking goooood!!!!!

1Aleeesha

Today May 1st, 2010 marks the day that I've had natural hair for 5 years! I had relaxed hair ever since I was about 10 years old and then I did the big chop when I was 21 years old. I chopped it down to less than 1/2 an inch and now my hair is armpit length. It's been armpit length for awhile due to a couple of cuts and a lot of trims. Right now, I trying to take better care of my hair so I can reach brastrap length at least by the end of this year. I've been avoiding heat and been wearing my hair in buns, curly fros/twistouts, and puffs.

You can check out my journey here:
http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215
password: hairbear

Congrats! And today starts my first day because I bc'd whoo hoo Lol. I love your hair :grin: