I'm Converting To All Aveda

ShiShiPooPoo

I am:look:

I'm kinda tired of being a PJ. It just never stops. I want to use one line to see if there is a benefit, and I chose Aveda. I chose it because I have always had good results with them back in the day but needed help deciding on products so...

I bought the following:

Dry Remedy Shampoo
Dry Remedy Condish
DR Conditioner
Light Elements
Smooth Infusion Shampoo
Smooth Infusion Condish

I plan on using these products with Quantum Chelating/Clarifying Shampoo when necessary because of the cones. So far, I am noticing that my hair feels great. Nice and manageable and shiny.

Are there any products that you would recommend? How has your experiences been with the above products?

We'll see how long this one line thing lasts.:look:

janeemat

Kenra products are really good. They have an entire line for everything. I have been using them for over a year now and I really like it.

southerncitygirl

ShiShiPooPoo

the anti-humectant pomade is my go-to when my hair is flatironed.i also like the control paste, brilliant emoillient finishing gloss, and brilliant spray-on shine but haven't repurchased. i also used these when my hair was straight.

ShiShiPooPoo

Kenra products are really good. They have an entire line for everything. I have been using them for over a year now and I really like it.

I tried Kenra but I just thought it was ok for my hair. I actually used L'anza for a LONG time. That's some good stuff too.

I do like how Kenra has a clarifier. Aveda does not.

Solitude

I love the Aveda line. I stopped using it in part due to the price, but mostly the poor customer service at the store in my area.

I like the Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy lines.

greenandchic

Brilliant Humectant Pomade - great for styling while wearing my hair curly.
Brilliant Damage Control - Great light protein spray with UV protection. Use sparingly.
Damage Remedy line - all of it

Blessed&higlyflavoured

I'd like to try some of those products listed. They sound yummy. Sometimes I get like that with products. I get frustrated with all the half bottles lying around. It seems counter intuitive to go out and buy new products. Every so often I think I'll have a clear out.

tapioca_pudding

I've been thinking about doing the same, either with Aveda or Joico. Joico is a bit more affordable but I really do like Aveda products and I feel a little goes a long way. So I dunno. I bought the trial sizes of the Joico KPak line and the Moisture Recovery line to use for a couple weeks to see how I feel before investing. Then I'll decide. But I'm REALLY tired of the PJness. I think consistency is more important.

Aggie

I tried Kenra but I just thought it was ok for my hair. I actually used L'anza for a LONG time. That's some good stuff too.

I do like how Kenra has a clarifier. Aveda does not.

OMG ShiShiPooPoo, I always wanted to try Lanza products but I have a big problem trying new lines that do not have a deep protein and a deep moisturizing conditioner. Does Lanza have both or no?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
ShiShiPooPoo good luck. Every time I try with that line, it fails me. I heard damage remedy is really good, but i don't want to much protein in my regimen. I love their stuff, but I clearly can only use their styling products.

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

ShiShiPooPoo

OMG @ShiShiPooPoo, I always wanted to try Lanza products but I have a big problem trying new lines that do not have a deep protein and a deep moisturizing conditioner. Does Lanza have both or no?

Well, I was relaxed when I used them. I loved the shampoo (sulfate free) and the conditioner OMG was like heaven. These were the ones with the blue packaging. I also used the spray leave in. There was a deep conditioner though...let me see if I can find it.

ShiShiPooPoo

I used these

Plus the Neem serum. They also have a KERATIN OIL!

Now, we're supposed to be talking about AVEDA!!!!!:lol:

Cheleigh

I really like their Humectant Pomade as a final product for wearing my hair in a bun or puff, and I really like the Confixor gel. It's a light gel, but when I mix a little it with Long Aid curl activator, it acts similar to Kinky Curly. I also use it to finger curl as a stand alone product (so it pretty versatile for me). I like the Brilliant line. I've never really used any of the "remedys."

tasha7239

Damage Remedy user here! The shampoo and conditioner are my staples. I did not care for the leave in or the reconstructor.

Incognitus

I've been thinking about doing the same, either with Aveda or Joico. Joico is a bit more affordable but I really do like Aveda products and I feel a little goes a long way. So I dunno. I bought the trial sizes of the Joico KPak line and the Moisture Recovery line to use for a couple weeks to see how I feel before investing. Then I'll decide. But I'm REALLY tired of the PJness. I think consistency is more important.

Good idea! Aveda is only sold at their stores right? Also, is Ulta to only physical store where I can purchase Joico? Pardon my ignorance. :drunk:

sharifeh

i bought the entire damage remedy line last year i was out 100$$ but the line is good, it worked :yep:
so expensive though , but not if you're only using one line

wow only using one line...that's the dream :lol:

biancaelyse

Aveda is a great line and was my staple back in the day. It became way too expensive once I also had daughters to shampoo and condition.

Now that I have a Trader Joe store on my area, the Nourish Spa and Tea Tree Tingle are what I go with. They work great on my natural curls and you can't beat the price and availability.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I am:look:

I'm kinda tired of being a PJ. It just never stops. I want to use one line to see if there is a benefit, and I chose Aveda. I chose it because I have always had good results with them back in the day but needed help deciding on products so...

I bought the following:

Dry Remedy Shampoo
Dry Remedy Condish
DR Conditioner
Light Elements
Smooth Infusion Shampoo
Smooth Infusion Condish

I plan on using these products with Quantum Chelating/Clarifying Shampoo when necessary because of the cones. So far, I am noticing that my hair feels great. Nice and manageable and shiny.

Are there any products that you would recommend? How has your experiences been with the above products?

We'll see how long this one line thing lasts.:look:

I love love love their damage remedy. I don't use it anymore since my hair is longer. One tube only gets me one or two uses. But that stuff is the truth.

Aggie

Well, I was relaxed when I used them. I loved the shampoo (sulfate free) and the conditioner OMG was like heaven. These were the ones with the blue packaging. I also used the spray leave in. There was a deep conditioner though...let me see if I can find it.

I used these

Plus the Neem serum. They also have a KERATIN OIL!

Now, we're supposed to be talking about AVEDA!!!!!:lol:

Lol, I know right!

Thank you so much for this. I will be checking them out. So this is the deep conditioner in this bottle? I think sleekhair has them so will check there first. What about the conditioner in the jars? I saw some that look lke masks ShiShiPooPoo.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ive been thinking about trying this again. maybe when i finish up my stash i will start using whole lines instead of sampling here and there. tell us how it goes.

Whimsy

You guys are good! I'm too curious to just use one line. I hope it works well for you OP!

sydwrites

I love the Damage Remedy Intensive Treatment, its pricey but I only use it like once a month. A lady at one of the salons told me using the reg Damage Remedy Conditioner probably would do the same if I just used it more often so I might try that way out since its cheaper.