I'm happy to say.....

L

legs71

I\'m happy to say.....

yesterday I took my braids out to have them redone. Finally I was able to see the results of the vitamins and whether it is worth continuing. I have been taking them for 4 months now and was very skeptical mainly because I felt there was no major difference. Well I was shocked to discover I got about 3 inches of new growth in 3.5 months, my hair is visibly thicker, longer, healthier and jet black(my hair used to be dark brown). My mother kept commenting on how thick it has gotten and let me remind you I have always had thin hair up until now. It was as if I had someone elses hair on my head because my hair has NEVER looked like this. If everything continues to go well without any setbacks my goal of brastrap length will come as scheduled. I was so p'oed the board was not working properly because I was so excited to report my progress. This motivates me even more to faithfully keep up my regimen. Happy Hair Growing!!

adrienne0914

Re: I\'m happy to say.....

this is wonderful news, legs! congratulations!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

pebbles

Hey legs71,

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you! Keep up the good work!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

L

legs71

Thank you all. It really means a lot to have people recognize your efforts/progress even if they're small.

Keylargo,

It's funny because I'd be embarrassed to tell an "outsider" how many vitamins I take. Since I've been taking them my mother has been cautioning about taking so many. The other day when I took out my braids and she hot combed my hair her response was," Your hair did grow a lot and get very thick, but it should with all those vitamins you take". I take:

biotin
VitaminShoppe HSN
Centrum Multivitamin
inositol
l-cysteine
panthothenic acid

and occasionally:
primrose oil
silicia

just added:
vitamin c

A

AmilLion

Congratulations!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bra-strap length in no time!!

adrienne0914

legs, how much of each do you take? not the multi, but the other supplements...

adrienne

Kitkat

Legz, that's great! Congratulations on your progress. What are your plans now? Are you going back into braids, or are you planning to relax?

Leigh

Yaay! Grow girl. You'll reach your goal length in no time. Keep up the good work. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Leigh

beana3

i'm very happy for you. keep up the good work, i'm glad you've found a regime that works for you

L

legs71

Adrienne,

I take:
10,000 mcg of biotin
1000 mg of inositol
1000 mg of l-cysteine
1300 mg of panthothenic acid

and occasionally:
1000 mg of evening primrose oil
1000 mg of silica

just added:
1000 mg of vitamin c

I take the HSN Vitamin, l-cysteine, inositol, panthothenic acid one day and alternate the days with biotin, a multivitamin, HSN Vitamin, evening primrose oil and silica. On the weekends I take nothing at all.

Kitkat,

Please girl, the next day I was up in the African Braiding Salon getting my braids redone. March '03 I should be ready to take these braids out and depending on where the length is I just might relax my hair. I enjoy seeing my hair thrive, but I am so afraid if I take them out and get a relaxer I won't be capable of caring for my hair. I'm trying to do all my homework now so when the time comes I'll know what products to use to successfully maintain my hair. Can anyone suggest a good relaxer for transitioning from natural to relaxed?

Kitkat

Legz, I would suggest any good LYE relaxer. I've used Affirm and am happy with it. Many other ladies have had good results with other lye relaxers also - flip thru some of the threads and you'll see the comments.

Which African braiding salon did you go to, and were you happy with how they braided? Did they pull too tight?

I know that others disagree with this method, but for me braids was a great way to grow my hair. After many braiding stints, I was able to retain my length for the first time after removing my braids in July. For me the key things were NO HEAT (except for conditioning treatments), using good quality products, shampooing every 4 days (now moving up to every 3), and keeping my hands out of my hair as much as possible by finger combing. I think the key is, as one poster put it (don't recall who), MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE!!!

Again, good luck. You'll reach your goal in no time. And we'll all be here to congratulate you when you do!

L

legs71

Kitkat,

I go to Phanta hair braiding salon in Irvington, New Jersey. I have been going there for almost 2 years and they braid excellent and they do not braid tight. Going natural and braids have been the key to being able to retain length. Since adding the vitamins and washing my scalp area weekly I think I finally have the right combination to reach brastrap length. Hopefully Santa will bring me a digital camera since I've been such a good girl this year so I can post pictures of my progress.