I'm letting it hang this summer!

Nayeli

:grin: I am taking a permanent sick leave from protective styling this summer to enjoy my hair. I've worked hard darn it! :yep:

I'm at BSL now so I'll be relaxing this Friday, getting a nice trim and letting it hang this summer! I'll be doing two styles - braid-outs and pin-curls.

In my dreams I can get each to look close to Halle (with more of a wave than a tight curl) and Gabby but a tad shorter.

Anyone else letting it hang this summer?

Nayeli

Thank you BMP! My camera broke and I'm searching for a new one right now. As soon as I buy one I'll update. Pinky promise! :lachen:

I'll also try to get some pics of the summer styles - won't be too exciting but after more than a year of not taking hair pics I'm afraid I wont be able to contain myself.

SEMO

I won't be wearing my hair down all the time, but with the warmer weather I do think I will be doing more wash n' go's.

supermodelsonya

I was getting ready to say Nayeli, your fotki is another one that I stalk and it's time to get rid of that old siggy and update us with your wonderful progress!

Congrats on making BSL too! That's awesome!

almondjoi85

This summer I'll be wearing my hair out way more than during the winter... But not too much because I don't want any major setbacks! But enjoy and I'll be waiting for your new camera to see some pics!

beans4reezy

Good for you Nayeli! Make sure you enjoy your progress, you've worked hard for it. Congratulations on making BSL.

blackindia07

Im not really much a protective styling kinda girl. I rollerset in the winter but will be doing wash n gos this summer. Had GREAT results last year and am looking forward to better ones this year!

Crystalicequeen123

I say go for it!! :yay:

Afterall, what's the point in working so hard to acquire long healthy hair if you can't even let it down and enjoy it?? :confused:

JustSimplyTish

^^^ Your hair is beautiful.....I agree Go for it....What is the use in having beautiful hair if you can't or don't enjoy it....

nymane

Same here...I'm getting my relaxer July 1st and I've decided to let it hang; I miss having my hair out and should be BSL by then. I'll go back to low mani/ps during the fall/winter. And as soon as I reach my ultimate goal I'll be wearing my hair out very often.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
ita w/you op... i get my next relaxer towards the end of june and will be wearing my hair down... i've been ps for over 2 years so me & my hair deserve to show off my hard work... i will be doing roller sets maintained w/pin curls & air dried bantu knots (thanks for the tutorial traycee)

lilsparkle825

Those are cute!

I'm not letting it hang, for ONCE -- the past two summers I did WNGs and it felt grrrrrreat. Now that I am approaching BSB, my ends get tangled easier, so I'll get a sew-in and let THAT hang. This way, I can keep my WNGs and my progress, too.

augiemoment

it depends on what my hair looks like after my next touch up in two weeks(cant wait after stretching for 5 months)
I intend to do protective style though so as to get the most length, i will definately be-co-wadhing a lot cos of my workout
good going to you