I'm New and Excited to be Here!

Hair Iam

Welcome ..Hope you plan on starting a fotki soon..we must have stalking rights :grin:
I'm 22 months natural and loving every second.....except the seconds where the little knots form at the end of my hair :lachen:

CenteredGirl

Appreciate all the warm welcomes. Yes I have a fotki. I've added all of you to my buddy list and the URL and password are in my profile.:rolleyes:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Whoa:clapping:! I didn't expect this type of welcome!

Thank you MsWatson, Jen, Amicas, Silver and Fluffy! You rock.

Fluffy - what made me transition? couple things: Head burns from relaxer, losing edges and a book called "for Colored Girls who can't something something". Anyway, the book hit me like a brick of tons.

My regime?
  1. I prepoo overnight every Friday with the following staples: Virgin coconut Oil, Olive and Castor Oils.
  2. I quit using shampoo - I use a mix of wter, baking soda, ACV and honey
  3. I DC 1 hour under ghetto dryer without fail. Family goes hungry if required:grin:
  4. I have been wearing wigs most of time until I get to WSL
  5. I wear silk scarfs to bed
  6. I make my own unpetroleum jelly as a sealer.
  7. I'm a big henna fan both Cassia and the colored types (indigo and Jamilla). Do color treatments quarterly. I'm in my late 40's so in addition to the healthy hair benefit, I've got a few greys to hide- I'm going my grave kicking and screaming!:lachen:
I don't think my hair is that long, I wish!:yep: I'm only 5'3 with a short waist. But I hope to acheive WSL by December 08

Ooh, I'm more excited to be here now!

*taking notes*
Looks like I need to be asking you for some advice.:yep:

CenteredGirl

Thanks Cinnabunn and Haitian. It's great to be hair:lachen:I've been on a natural high all day. Like having been out to sea and finally finding LAND! Yahoo.

prospurr4

Whoa:clapping:! I didn't expect this type of welcome!

Thank you MsWatson, Jen, Amicas, Silver and Fluffy! You rock.

Fluffy - what made me transition? couple things: Head burns from relaxer, losing edges and a book called "for Colored Girls who can't something something". Anyway, the book hit me like a brick of tons.

My regime?
  1. I prepoo overnight every Friday with the following staples: Virgin coconut Oil, Olive and Castor Oils.
  2. I quit using shampoo - I use a mix of wter, baking soda, ACV and honey
  3. I DC 1 hour under ghetto dryer without fail. Family goes hungry if required:grin:
  4. I have been wearing wigs most of time until I get to WSL
  5. I wear silk scarfs to bed
  6. I make my own unpetroleum jelly as a sealer.
  7. I'm a big henna fan both Cassia and the colored types (indigo and Jamilla). Do color treatments quarterly. I'm in my late 40's so in addition to the healthy hair benefit, I've got a few greys to hide- I'm going my grave kicking and screaming!:lachen:
I don't think my hair is that long, I wish!:yep: I'm only 5'3 with a short waist. But I hope to acheive WSL by December 08

Ooh, I'm more excited to be here now!

Welcome to LHCF! Your hair looks really healthy. I'm feelin' ya on the bolded. I'll be 48 in April, and my grays really pop around my front hairline. I think my favorite hair product is my black, semi-permanent rinse. :look: