I'm really dissappointed with slow growing hair.

FeelinIt

Have you ever tried to lose weight and done absolutely everything you could to get rid of the pounds only to realize how slow the process is?

That's how my hair growth is going. I've come to the sad realization that my hair only grows 1" every 2.5 months. At this rate I'll only get about 4" a year. FOUR!. I'm currently slightly above shoulder length. At this rate it's definitely going to take forever. And my hair is so damn sensative. I can't do anything to it without it affecting the growth.

I'm currently 10" average all over. Bra strap is about 8" away. At this rate, it will take me another 2 years to get to bra strap. And another 2 after that to get to waist. A total of 4 years to get to my ultimate goal.

I just don't know if I can wait another 2 years just to get to bra strap. Then I have to take into account trims and any stupid ish I do to my hair. For me and my hair, that means absolutely NO HEAT STYLING.

What's so frustrating is that I've been at this same length for YEARS and I just don't think it will get any further. I'm tired of trying.

FeelinIt

I'm trying to hold on but it's been years and the hair grows, but it's just so slow and it keeps breaking off.

I'll up my washings from once a week to 2-3 times a week.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Stay consistent.
Keep it simple.

Those two lessons are keys that I'm starting to adhere to now. I've tried so many different hair styles and techniques, but if I want longer hair in the long run, I need to stay consistent and keep it simple.
I've been a member at LHCF for a long time too (1 month after you) and my hair only grows 1" every two months.
Just be patient and try not to think about your hair. It's hard but I believe it works.
Happy hair growing! ;)

locabouthair

how is your diet? if it's bad that might be a reason why your hair growth is slow. and moisturize those ends daily! like poohbear said keep it simple and be consistent.

Mystic

My hair growth is the same rate as yours. I do not let it bother me anymore - I just focus on following my routine towards having healthy hair vs length. If I focus on length it drives me crazy because growth takes forever to come. If I focus my attention on how healthy my hair is getting - thick with beautiful strands, I seem to enjoy my hair more and that's the time it seems to be getting longer to me.

Try to shift your focus from growth and more on getting it healthy. That means creating a routine and stay consistent.

FeelinIt

Poohbear said:
Stay consistent.
Keep it simple.

Those two lessons are keys that I'm starting to adhere to now. I've tried so many different hair styles and techniques, but if I want longer hair in the long run, I need to stay consistent and keep it simple.
I've been a member at LHCF for a long time too (1 month after you) and my hair only grows 1" every two months.
Just be patient and try not to think about your hair. It's hard but I believe it works.
Happy hair growing! ;)

I'm trying not to. I really am. And I've scaled down all of the experimental things I used to do. I've decided to not use heat at all. It's made my bathroom cleaning a lot easier.

It's just so darn discouraging to know that it's going to take almost 4-5 years to grow it to where I want it to be. I'll be 31-32 by then.

Isis

ivanay said:
My hair growth is the same rate as yours. I do not let it bother me anymore - I just focus on following my routine towards having healthy hair vs length. If I focus on length it drives me crazy because growth takes forever to come. If I focus my attention on how healthy my hair is getting - thick with beautiful strands, I seem to enjoy my hair more and that's the time it seems to be getting longer to me.

Try to shift your focus from growth and more on getting it healthy. That means creating a routine and stay consistent.
I agree with Ivanay. I've never focused on length since I joined LHCF, just on healthy hair and my attitude is always full of wonder and joy about it. This hair journey is supposed to be fun! :bdance:

I believe getting discouraged now about your hair in the years to come only sets things up that way. Now is the time to be grateful and appreciative of your hair and the results can be surprising.:)

inthepink

Well, you can look at it this way---four years from now is coming no matter what, so if you have to keep working on your hair, so what? That's better than saying forget it and then 4 years from now is here and you think "hmm, if only I kept up with my regimen?" I hope you get what I mean! Don't give up! :)

Crissi

hairlove said:
Well, you can look at it this way---four years from now is coming no matter what, so if you have to keep working on your hair, so what? That's better than saying forget it and then 4 years from now is here and you think "hmm, if only I kept up with my regimen?" I hope you get what I mean! Don't give up! :)

ITA keep that "its better late than never" attitude and you shall succeed. BTW whats your water, vitamin and hralthy food intake, and how about excersize?

Crissi, x

FeelinIt said:
Have you ever tried to lose weight and done absolutely everything you could to get rid of the pounds only to realize how slow the process is?

That's how my hair growth is going. I've come to the sad realization that my hair only grows 1" every 2.5 months. At this rate I'll only get about 4" a year. FOUR!. I'm currently slightly above shoulder length. At this rate it's definitely going to take forever. And my hair is so damn sensative. I can't do anything to it without it affecting the growth.

I'm currently 10" average all over. Bra strap is about 8" away. At this rate, it will take me another 2 years to get to bra strap. And another 2 after that to get to waist. A total of 4 years to get to my ultimate goal.

I just don't know if I can wait another 2 years just to get to bra strap. Then I have to take into account trims and any stupid ish I do to my hair. For me and my hair, that means absolutely NO HEAT STYLING.

What's so frustrating is that I've been at this same length for YEARS and I just don't think it will get any further. I'm tired of trying.

I totally feel YA. I think I've had about 2.5, maybe 3" growth since Feb. i just said I will be patient and if I only grow4 or5" in one year, my hair will still be waistlength in about too. Oh, and I take every supplement known to man so thatg really p!sses me off :mad:

peacelove

I have had to stop focusing on growth and more on health. My stylist snipped me back to shoulder length ( I was past that in the back) and I still have more snipping to do. My hair grows so slow in some areas and I tend to have breakage in the middle all the time. I have had to learn to work on getting these areas healthy even if it means shorter hair. I don't want long hair that is thin at the ends. I want my thickness, so I will focus on that and worry about the growth later.

But I have noticed that vitamins has helped at least my eyebrows grow faster, so I am assuming it is helping the hair on my head too. :lachen:

Synthia

hairlove said:

good perspective.

kbody4

hairlove said:
ITA hairlove :) I remind myself daily about this and to be persistent.