I'm relaxurized/textrelaxed!

J

JenniferMD

I\'m relaxurized/textrelaxed!

I'm going to stop lying to myself saying I'm relaxed and I'm not going to start lying by saying I'm texturized. I'm relaxurized/textrelaxed. I wanted to relax my hair so I did...but it didn't take all the way. So, I got a corrective relaxer and took the relaxer all the way to the ends twice to no avail- I'm still not fully relaxed. My hair doesn't want to be relaxed slap dead in the middle.

I'm not going to worry about my retardid hair anymore and just embrace it's hard-of-behaving. I'll just take the extra time to deal with the two textures because I don't want to risk overprocessing with intentions of correcting underprocessed hair.

Is it possible that hair just won't relax???

When my hair is wet it reminds me of how Hairlove's hair looked when she still had her relaxed ends.

000_0658-vi.jpg

Re: I\'m relaxurized/textrelaxed!

what relaxer did ya use?and in what strength?? i'll be sure stay away from it.

That is EXACTLY how my hair looks when wet. I want more curls those so I guess I will try Arosci textiurizer if I cna find it!

Perhaps the relaxer isn't strong enough. My hair is difficult to relax bone straight unless it is overprossed. (no thank you)
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
what relaxer did ya use?and in what strength?? i'll be sure stay away from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used Affirm Lye mild; I don't think it's the relaxer, I really think it's my hair because my mom said that's been the way my hair has always been (i've used various relaxers). I also talked to my cousin and her hair is similar in that it won't take in the middle.

My crown area is the most difficult part of my hair to relax. That hair is really tough right there.
whip.gif

I think I have the same kind of hair !! my relaxer never stays .. I think it's the combo of hair from my mom and dad.
It's weird... people give me a lot of advice ...but thet have no clue ...lol

me and you are hairtwins then Jen. I swear my hair will not relax bone straight (not that i want it to.) but my hair looks exactly the same. which is why im scared to go to some stylists because i dont want them to rip through my textures thinking their combing will straighten it.
ohwell.gif
ive used various relaxers as well, but for the past 7 yrs I've just used the same brand.

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:
My crown area is the most difficult part of my hair to relax. That hair is really tough right there.
whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...I think my crown might need a whole 10minutes more to relax compared to the rest of my hair.

Just be careful, JenniferMD, my hair use to be half-relaxed that way and it lead to some breakage. Those two differnt textures can be tricky to deal with...
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Just be careful, JenniferMD, my hair use to be half-relaxed that way and it lead to some breakage. Those two differnt textures can be tricky to deal with...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know, I've already had problems dealing with the two textures. I'm not happy at all with it and I'd love for all of it to be one texture but I don't know what to do. Thankfully my daily styles don't require much manipulation...like you said though, i'll have to be extra careful.

OT: did you say you were coming to DC this weekend?

LOL @ the title! Yeah it is possible, my co-worker said her hair was like that when she was younger, so she just gave up on relaxers. . Have you considered going natural?? I agree with Model you should be careful dealing with the two diff. textures, but I know you have been successful with extending your relaxers for long periods of time.
notworthy.gif

Your hair is probably that way (won't take a relaxer) because of that time when you didn't relax for 9 months and had lots of new growth. Your hair must be really strong and healthy! Like some others have said, be careful with whatever u use on your hair whether its a relaxer or texturizer. You might want to try seeing what happens if you let your hair go natural again.
smile.gif

just curious jennifermd, when the middle section grows out and ultimately becomes the end of the hair, does it then take the relaxer? also did u have a no lye relaxer in the past which underprocessed your hair. if this is the case, i read (shampoosie) that this is permanent and a no lye cannot correct this problem. I know this was the case with me and the only thing that I could do was grow some new hair, get rid of the old no lye relaxed hair and start fresh. be careful with the 2 textures as u have such lovely hair.

I've never seen any hair like that in my life - where it looked like it relaxed the ends and the roots, but nothing in between. Way, way back when I had a relaxer, my hair was quite resistant to the chemicals and seemed habitually underprocessed, even with the strongest formulations. As a long-term natural who isn't anti-relaxers, my opinion is that if I were you, I would avoid re-relaxing your hair. It seems like it would spell a formula for potential disaster, because even though the relaxer did not properly "take" on the mid-section, it has been processed and is probably quite susceptible to damage and fragile. I'd probably also consider transitioning from this last chemical process and re-grow a complete head of unprocessed hair to at least try to guarantee some uniformity if you plan on relaxing again in the future.

Back