Underprocessed Relaxed Hair

Elxie

Hi guys, I really need help :( I was natural for 2.5 years and recently relaxed my virgin hair. However, it's came out underprocessed because I didn't leave the relaxer in for long enough at all :( Can I do a corrective relaxer? How long do I have to wait before correcting. Please help :(

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I underprocessed my hair too but I waited two weeks (did a hard protein each week) and corrected 90%. The back still needs some work but I can live with it.

I was lucky enough to escape with the hair on my head. So yeah, don't be like me.:look:

Evolving78

Hi guys, I really need help :( I was natural for 2.5 years and recently relaxed my virgin hair. However, it's came out underprocessed because I didn't leave the relaxer in for long enough at all :( Can I do a corrective relaxer? How long do I have to wait before correcting. Please help :(
I waited 5 weeks. You should wait 6 weeks. How long is your hair? Can you bun it? I would wear a bun. And what relaxer did you use? Lye relaxers may not get you completely straight! ORS left me with so much undesired texture. The lye and no lye from that company sucks and left my hair dull and dry.

Destiny9109

How underprocessed are you? I relaxed after 5 months and came out underprocessed, I'm currently 8 weeks post trying to decide which relaxer to buy.

Elxie

I'm not sure what relaxer my stylist used, I'm so underprocessed I basically still have a fro but the curls are just loosened like 40%. Like my hair shrinks from a little below shoulder length to a couple inches above. Do you think I can wait six weeks then re-relax?

Elxie

I'm not sure what relaxer my stylist used, I'm so underprocessed I basically still have a fro but the curls are just loosened like 40%. Like my hair shrinks from a little below shoulder length to a couple inches above. Do you think I can wait six weeks then re-relax?

I'm afraid of all my hair falling out, will all my hair fall out?

Evolving78

Six weeks and you can get a corrective. I use French perm Stablizer plus to after I rinse out the neutralizer. It balances the hair out and brings the ph level down.

Ivonnovi

Slightly off topic but what's the difference between Texlaxing and under-processing?

I used texlaxing as a bridge when I was transitioning from relaxed to natural/sisterlocks

SugarSweetCoco**

Slightly off topic but what's the difference between Texlaxing and under-processing?

I used texlaxing as a bridge when I was transitioning from relaxed to natural/sisterlocks

Correct me if I'm wrong... my explanation of texlaxing is using a relaxer to reduce the curl in the hair. This is normally done by reducing the application time, using a milder relaxer, adding an oil or conditioner to the relaxer, applying a barrier to the hair prior to application or a combination of the above.

From my understanding people texlax for better managability, less frizz, to gain more volume or as a happy medium between natural and relaxed. The results are somewhat uniform.

Underprocessed hair is when a relaxer has not 'taken' or achieved the desired results. Underprocessing can be all over the head, isolated to one area or within a strand. I find it normally happens due to the incorrect strength relaxer, application method or not smoothing enough. Overtime you may experience breakage because of differing textures and a feeling of rough hair.

They are similar but underprocessed hair is normally accidental. Texlaxed hair is intended.

I tried to be texlaxed but could not tell the difference when my new growth came through so I relaxed straighter! :):)

SugarSweetCoco**

@Elxie sorry this happened to you hun! These ladies on here are amazing you are in the right place for advice! I agree with the other posts... keep going for a another 6 weeks, do your moisture and protein treatments then try again!

How long did you leave it in for and what relaxer did you use?