I'M TIRED AND I DON'T CARE ANYMORE(kinda long)

E

EgyptianSand16

I\'M TIRED AND I DON\'T CARE ANYMORE(kinda long)

guys i need your support and motivation
Lately i really don't care about my hair goals anymore(which is to finish transitioning and grow thick collar bone length natural hair with shrinkage already involved) I hit rock bottom yesterday!! I was at my cousin's graduation ceremony and i saw all these pretty girls with long shiny hair(some where not even that pretty but their long hair gave them a boost in the looks department, sorry if that sounded too shallow)
and me with my puff!(not putting down natural hair) which was lop-sided, i didn't have time to fix it we were running late. To make it worse it was soooooooooo hot i felt disgusting with sweat and bugs running down my neck and stuff

A bunch of cute guys and my crush were sitting behind me too
I kept thinking "if i had long hair it would have been covering my gross sweaty neck
I felt so down and self-conscious...Since we are are out for summer vacation my goal was to grow as much hair as possible so i could come looking on point during senior year(highschool)I was so depressed last night that i just went to sleep without my scarf
ITS HOT AND I DON'T WANNA CARE ANYMORE!!!
I wish I could just imagine myself looking a certain way and *puff* it happens

p.s i KNOW long hair does not equal=Beauty BUT DAMN IT WANT MY HAIR TO BE LONG

NAY007

Re: I\'M TIRED AND I DON\'T CARE ANYMORE(kinda long)

don't give up on us now. you just had a bad day girl. but everyone of us has those. i guess yesterday everything just came together for you but keep growing your hair:) just stay focused on your goal. don't let girls who already have long hair put you in a bad or depressive mood. they didn't always have long hair. they had to start somewhere too and they had days like you too. just be patient. i know it sounds stupid, but we all here at the board have a goal or at least almost everyone and we all have to be patient together. keep taking good care of your hair and always think positive girl. you will be alright, you'll see.
i hope you'll feel better soon,

take care,
nay.

E

EgyptianSand16

thanks nay i appreciated that it dosen't sound stupid at all.. i just hope i snap outta this "i don't give a
no more phase" before i really won't have any hair left to give a
about....once again THANKS 4 THE SUPPORT AND KIND WORDS

lunalight7

Keep your head and hair up, girl...ive had many of those days, especially in high school...you are beautiful with your hair...not in spite of it...if your 'crush' cant see that, he's missing out...

British

Hello EgyptianSand16:

I noticed that you have type 3C hair, and your giving up!

If I was a man, I would want a woman, who was confident about herself, and understood who she was from A-Z. I don't know who you are or what you do, but I do know like every woman on this board you are the type of woman that stands tall and proud, and who has a key sense of what it takes to keep on bettering herself, or ways you wouldn't be here.

If your socks are falling down, it's alright, but now it's time to pull them up. Keeping a hair journal will allow you to see what products, help you and what products don't, what styles help you and what styles don't. This will allow you to have a more understanding of do's and don't for the beautiful Ms. EgyptianSand16!

Take care,

British

sweetcocoa

Girl don't give up on your hair goals. I get tired of wearing my hair back(when I want to wear it down)...but I know if I don't keep it back most of the time my ends will start drying out and break. My co-workers always have their hair 'done'. You'll be fine when you go back in the fall. Besides...the summer's for keeping your hair up off your neck anyhow(too dang hot!)

E

EgyptianSand16

thanks guys you would never know how much those words just made my day

Peachtree

EgyptianSand,

Because u "don't care anymore"... THIS IS THE BEST THING FOR U
. Let me explain...

1st of all, I believe U DO CARE.... If u didn't u would have not called out to us for support & luv. That's fine sweetie, that's what we're here for... to offer support, luv, encouragement when one of our own is having a rough time.... This gives re-assurance that ur not alone....

I say "this is the best thing for u" for this reason.... sometimes, luv, we just have to "let go".... don't sweat over it, don't think about it, just let your scalp do it's thing. Girl, enjoy your summer break....WITHOUT STRESSING OVER YOUR HAIR. So when u say "I don't care anymore", THAT'S GOOD. Treat your hair like any other part of your body.... just keep it clean (poo), groomed (protective styles if possible), protected (conditioned, oil, satin bonnets, etc). When fall semester starts, u'll notice the increased growth & health.

Growing hair long is tiring...i'm sure everyone can agree with that. I had a short "Halle" cut, like the one she wore in "Strickly Business".... & I grew tired cuz I thought it'll never grow back out. So, I took on the "I don't care anymore" attitude (like u).... LUV IT GREW cuz i wasn't stressing over it.

I know that I'm rambling, so I'm gonna end here. DON'T FRET OVER IT.... IT'LL GROW. JUST KEEP IT CLEANED, CONDITIONED, MOISTURIZED, OILED & PROTECTED. You'll feel sooooooo much better, like a burden has been lifted after u've just stop stessing over it

IF U EVER NEED TO CHAT, DON'T HESITATE TO SEND ME A PM....OK?

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses

Keep it in perspective lil sis! Your hair is just one small part of you. And keep in mind that good hair care means that your hair is beautiful at any length. While you continue to strive toward your hair goals don't forget your other aspirations in life and don't let day-to-day hair frustrations outshine them. You have many things to accomplish and while you're busy living your life, that hair is gonna shoot out while you're not paying attention!

Nessa

iT'S OKAY JUST A BA HAIR DAY. JUST DO YOUR BEST TO KEEP IT HEALTHY.

mocha105

Hey gyrl if it makez u feel betta all last year i wore conrows and had to wear my "nappy" natural hair out on those in-between dayz several timez. Also before i joined this board, my own teacher made a comment about my hair in front of the entire class on a particularly bad hair day! I had to grow out my permed hair after one terrible, 8-month long experience wit a hairdresser...overall my hair experience thruout high school was a nightmare till i reached my senior year.Dont give up now just becuz it seemed hopeless for one day but trust in God (n ur hair care regime) that thingz will start to look up!!

katie

Are you sure it isnt just PMS making u feel unaatractive?I suffer from PMS sometimes and the smallest things can just trigger off depression.

And then a few days later I get my period and I realize it was just PMS mood swings.

Sounds far fetched but your story just sounds like the way I feel when I am all moody from PMS.

deborah11

girlfriend, hang in there. i am transitioning too and i had a really bad week last week when i damaged some of my new growth by pressing it with too much heat. i allowed myself to be a little for about an hour and than i just decided not to care about it anymore--- well just to learn from the mistake and go on. also i decided to stop stressing,to let go and let GOD. sometimes we can stress amd obsess over things so much that it can become counterproductive. BOTTOM LINE: my dear u are more than just hair. if u had no hair, would it change/ alter who u are, your value, or the master's plan for u in this world. my darling hang in there. keep your beautiful head up and walk with your head up and own that puff of your's. SO MUCH OF BEAUTY IS CONFIDENCE AND REALIZING YOUR VALUE IN THIS WORLD. Tomorrow will be a better day and u will reach your hair goals in time. deborah

Vintagecoilylocks

Maybe you could change your quote thinking to "Beauty is 25% of what you think it is, 25% of what you have to work with and 50% of your frame of mind and effort to make it happen" Your confidence has alot less to do with others perceptions than you think. Develope your perceptions and be true to them. Life will be alot kinder.

ngaa

egyptian girl i cud have written that coz my hair is goin thru an uncooperative stage and at least u can put yos in a bun... imagin if it were 4inch natural 4b hair that simply wont do anything u tell it and insists on givin u bad hair days all the time and to top it all up the guy i have the biggest crush is round my house 24/7 with my hair lookin lik i'm cousin it's other cousin u kno??
i've learnt to jus keep my head up and not stress over it coz stress causes hair breakage and stunts hair growth

have u thot of havin yo hair braided to keep u from fidgetin with it coz it stops me from measurin it every second lik i normally do..whatever happens follow the ladies advice and keep yo head up

ineedmoney

girl i know!!!!!! i have been natural all through high school and it is HARD!!! when there is dance and i have my afro puff i feel so ugly compared to the pretty flips, waves and curls all the perm girls are rocking. but you know what i'm fine ne way! high school boys might not holla but them older one will( not that i pay them much mind
) and you know what i had a boy tell me that i quote " i don't know how you do it, you hair be looking up and f
d up and you still FINE!!" and trust, when i get that good old press & curl or a nice pony tail i still turn heads. but i do the same in braids and puffs. your hair is your crowning glory not your only one. girl you gotta love yourself and surround yourself with images of beauty that don't hurt your feelings. i have pic of brandy and lauryn hill in my room to remind me natural is beautiful. find girls that look like you to inspire you. and remember if you need a straight moment there is always heat styling, just don't abuse it or it will destroy your curl pattern. good luck and much love oh and once you start feeling good again you better be there durring one of my i" ain't happy being nappy" moments!!!

E

EgyptianSand16

aww you guys are too sweet
i feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better after hearing all of your responses
you really have me crying over here.......i guess i was just having one of those days when nothing was going right for me, plus the heat, bugs, and bees were just making it worse. YOU KIND BEAUTIFUL LADIES ARE ALL MY INSPIRATION
THANK YOU for lifting up my spirit...i think i'll just get braids and let my hair do its own thing for awhile
my new motto from now on is "don't speak defeat" (don'tspeakdefeat if you don't mind me stealing your motto

I LUV YOU ALL

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
....plus the heat, bugs, and bees were just making it worse....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's enough to make u lose yo' mind 4 sho'

Stormy

NOOOOO!!!!! You have got to hang in there! I had a hard time being patient too just recently. I'm trying to wait 14 weeks before my next touchup. It's been 10 so far and I can't tell you how many times I've started to give in to the chemicals NOW! In order for me to give my hair a rest and stop stressing I bought a short wig. It's much shorter than my own hair so I'm sure I'll appreciate my hair even more when I do relax it. It's soooo quick and I like the fact that my hair (wig)always looks good! I was gonna try and wear it all summer, but I know it'll get too hot so that's why I'm stopping at the 14th week of my relaxer. Well let me stop rambling on your post. It's just a suggestion because I got tired of all this new growth and I wanted to try something different from braids. My hair stays off my neck this way and I'm keeping it moisturized. Also putting less stress on my hair.

Good luck and don't give up! Read my motto at the bottom.

Xcellence2

Even though I am not transitioning Egyptiansands, I understand what you are going through because I just started doing my hair myself in April. I also have 3C hair so I know how it can be. But the main thing is to just be patient and try to make lemonade from lemons. Also, any guy that is so materialistic to value only physical beauty is not worth the time anyway. Good luck in your hair voyage!

UmSumayyah

Remember, bad hair days need only last a day! Keep your chin up!

phynestone

Let me tell you...the same people hating on you now are going to be the same ones coming to you for tips. My hair was natural during most of my high school years and I always had people telling me I wasn't pretty b/c I didn't perm it and I still do. You just have to do you and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. It IS a long process, but don't worry. I'm sure you're a beautiful girl inside and out.

MissM

Hair care is a commitment and sometimes it's really hard to stay commited to your goals 24/7. We have all been there. I sunk so low a couple of months ago that I stopped coming to the board and although I kept up my routine ,I just stopped caring. I felt like it wasn't growing and all of this worrying was taking up too much of my time. Peachtree is right, as soon as I stopped worrying over it I became grateful that at least my hair is healthy and hey, it does and will grow (although at a snail's pace) and it's not the end of the world. At least you are taking care of your hair and it's healthy! Just look at some of the jack'd up heads of some women when you are out and about, would you rather switch places with them?

E

EgyptianSand16

thats sure to make me feel grateful for having what i have
by the way Missm your hair is
are you natural? i just needed a mental
thanks guys for keeping me in check

MissM

Girl, I chickened out of transitioning as of...oh...yesterday. I'm afraid of wanting to go back to a relaxer again someday when we move to hotter weather (Texas) and I don't trust anyone to re-relax me. But relaxers only make my hair more controllable by taking out some of the curl. I applaud anyone who transitions, it truly is a commitment.