I'm tired of..........

joyous

I\'m tired of..........

I'm tired of .....people always assuming that AA women with long hair are wearing weaves...brothas not appreciating the beauty of our natural hair....the myth that if it isnt't silky its not beautiful....white hair care companies taking over black hair care companies after they've ignored our needs for so long....sistas hating on sistas with long hair....and stupid white women asking dumb questions because they just assume your hair can't grow as long as theirs.

Allandra

Re: I\'m tired of..........

I used to be tired of this too. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago though. People are going to assume what they want to assume anyways.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I'm tired of the "major" black owned hair companies not making better quality products. I can't just walk into any bss and buy Hairobics or Healthier Hair in a Bottle. But the shelves are practically collapsing from the weight of all the Ultra Sheen and Pink Oil.

Off topic, but:
I nearly fainted when I saw a skin lightening system called Fair & White!

beana3

joyous... i can really share your pain.
Its like every way we turn, we have these trivial boundaries we have to overcome.

Allandra, you are so cool.
When I grow up I want to be just like you. (I'm probably older than you are.
)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be tired of this too. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago though. People are going to assume what they want to assume anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
ITA!!!

L

ladybug

yes its crazy..i actually think its something we just have to prepare ourselves for..the stares...whispering..the eye oogling..but when you know its yours it makes it that much better...at the end of the day you know whats up..so like snoop said..shake them stares in this case off..lol had to get a lil hip hop for this one....