I'm tired of ppl OVERPROCESSING my hair!

itismehmmkay

Damn!@ :wallbash:

So, I went to the Dominican lady again for a relaxer b/c I def needed one. I'm not sure how much time had gone by, but I mentioned how I wanted my hair washed out, and she proceeded to say how I needed 45 MINUTES? Are you serious? Naw, boo....we washed that ish out. But even while she was washing it, she was still trying to smooth my hair. ???????????fudge!

I may just have to go back to doing my own relaxers or at least getting someone to do it for me b/c these stylists are pissing me off. I went to ole girl b/c I thought she was different than the black stylists in that she actually listened. I guess I'm wrong.

At this point, I am so damn tired of cutting my hair after I have breakage. I want to go natural again, but I don't feel like doing a BC and I only want long natural hair because medium length hair is a pain regardless of the texture.

I'm thinking of just getting braids every 2 months for 6 months or so. But I hate the pain of braids before and after and sometimes during.

Any suggestions? Transitioning to a texturizer maybe?

HoneyDew

Same problem here. That's why I self relax. Even when I sit in the chair, i see them doing major overlapping on people.

They are also heavy handed with the tools they use - irons and such.

BAILEYSCREAM

itismehmmkay said:
Damn!@ :wallbash:

So, I went to the Dominican lady again for a relaxer b/c I def needed one. I'm not sure how much time had gone by, but I mentioned how I wanted my hair washed out, and she proceeded to say how I needed 45 MINUTES? Are you serious? Naw, boo....we washed that ish out. But even while she was washing it, she was still trying to smooth my hair. ???????????fudge!

I may just have to go back to doing my own relaxers or at least getting someone to do it for me b/c these stylists are pissing me off. I went to ole girl b/c I thought she was different than the black stylists in that she actually listened. I guess I'm wrong.

At this point, I am so damn tired of cutting my hair after I have breakage. I want to go natural again, but I don't feel like doing a BC and I only want long natural hair because medium length hair is a pain regardless of the texture.

I'm thinking of just getting braids every 2 months for 6 months or so. But I hate the pain of braids before and after and sometimes during.

Any suggestions? Transitioning to a texturizer maybe?

You could texturize and you could get a friend who knows what they are doing to help you out each time you need a touch-up.....Don't let these hairdressers call the shots.....It's your hair and if it's burning your head or whatever then they have to wash it out.....You're paying for the service and it's not free, therefore you say what you want and make sure they do it.

Also, if she's leaving the chemical in your hair for 45 minutes, maybe she needs to use a stronger one which would process your hair a lot quicker or maybe it's about time you found a new hairdresser.:yep:

If you're getting the braids, don't leave them in for too long like I did or you'll be back to square one with all that breakage.