trying to communicate with hairdresser about trims/feel like scolded child sometimes

balisi

elizabeth said:
There should really be more intense customer service training in cosmetology school. I checked out the web site for a local beauty school. There's not really a customer service class. It has a class called "Customer Relations and Sales" that's 20 hours and a 5-hour "Business Ethics" class.
How much customer service training is offered and taught depends on the school.

Chrissy811

Dijah said:
I know this guy who does hair for magazines and he said there are stylist that know how to "do hair and those whose know how to care for hair"

He said those who do hair will do everything to make a style look good without caring if you lose your hair in the process.

He said caring for hair is hard, and some stylist don't want to bother.

That being said I am a firm believer in not giving money to any stylist that does not listen.

I truly believe this I have not been in the salon in over a year but that more t do with the element that she has hired that has brough the salon down. She was kinda like half do and half care. I had dermatitis when I started going and she did try to help with that (but MTG took care of that). But then she would log up head again with oil sheen and spritz!!!

Chromia

SmartAlek said:
Thanks for this story. I have had a girl to do my hair over the past two years since I have been in Atlanta and I initially had a head full of healthy flowing hair right to the shoulder. Then my first trim with her she cut it to my neck. I am notorius for not caring for my hair so I felt it was my fault although I didnt think my ends were so bad. After some outrageous pricing I stopped going and went to other hair dressers who were in many ways dissapointing. I ended up back with the first girl (about 3 months later) and she cut to the nape of my neck..a couple of months later she cut my hair to my ear and actually had to use clippers to edge up my nape! I got totally disgusted and quit caring for my hair. I have patches that are broken to no more than one inch in certain parts of my hair. She said it was due to stresss...another stylist attributed it to chemical damage which sounds more accurate as my previous hair dresser's 'assistant' always seemed to leave the relaxer on too long. Now I'm sitting here with my hair in very bad damage wishing for the full head of hair I had almost two years ago. I really have no idea how to get back on track. I have tried some things that I discovered on lhcf for the past few months but I have had more misses than hits..so no I'm stuck not wanting to go to a salon that wont care for my hair or respect my wishes and not knowing how to get it back on track myself.

P.S. When I started typing, I planned to have a simple reply. But it ended up turning into my lil' sad story :violin: lol
Hopefully soon you'll have more hits than misses. There's so much trial-and-error in finding the right regimen. If you go back to a salon maybe you can find a good one in the Salon Review Forum.