In Fairness to Men - Regarding Christian Celebacy

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I just want to encourage you. ;) Let's give our men recognition. There is just too much negative focus being presented about our men. It must be counter acted.

I understand the disappointments that women are experiencing in the Church when they see Christian men are not living celibate lives.

HOWEVER, WE HAVE TO BE FAIR...

One thing to keep in mind. Ummmmm, if he's having sex there's also a woman having sex with him. Yeah... really. :yep: He can't perform sex alone. :nono: Sooooo, it's not just the men.

AND to bless you, men are being admonished about celibacy. I promise you they are and our men are taking heed. I've had two Pastors and they never failed to put the responsibility upon the men to NOT put pressure upon the women to have sex.

We're had many men's retreats for husbands and single men focusing on this issue alone. My son attended serveral of them as well as my son-in-law and many, many, many, many, many, other men who are living the life.

Ladies, it only 'seems' like it's the men. It's the women out there too. And you each see this in front of you everyday that you are in church for whatever reason. I'm being real and I'm being fair. It's the women with their cleavage. It's women with their short and tight skirts, pants and dreseses. AND these are NOT babes in Christ.

I'm talking about seasoned Christian woman who come to church focused on getting 'that' kind of attention. They know exactly what they are doing. I've witnessed the 'fake' walks to the Altar by women who wanted to be 'seen' up front in her 'outfit'; and their 'walk' to Altar is all but a shake, rattle and roll. And even when they 'sit', it all but resembles 'Britney Spears' in her limo incident. Pleeeeeeeeeze. :lol:

Men see this. And the women 'know' it. Ahhhhh, yeah...they do.

Mind you, I'm not taking up for anyone. But I want to encourage you that it's not just the men. Always bear in mind that these men cannot have sex all by themselves. Let's regather our focus and see the 'good' in our men which is truly there. And let's cheer them on.

AND there is more good than bad. I promise you.

Ladies Be Encouraged. ;) I don't discredit your concerns and disappointments. I know you've been 'hit' with some hard revelations. But still...be encouraged. ;)

And to the Men. You too, be encouraged. I 'see' the good in you and I refuse to allow the negative behavior of others to sway my perception of you. A perception of total love and respect. I cheer you on with all of my heart. I love you for being who you are ... ;) (Selah...).

Shimmie

Staff member
cupcake said:
Great post!

Hey there, God's pretty and precious 'cupcake'... Yes :yep: that's you. ;).

This message is to encourage you, not to give up on our men. They are so precious. And it's not only them...who did something in sin. They had some help....big time.

I can't wait to see the 'cupcake' that God has prepared just for you. :yep: I'll bet he has a richness in texture that no one can deny, that he is truly God's gift and your own special cupcake.

I love our men...they're being shortchanged and it's up to us who can build them up to the men that God has called them to be. If we but open our eyes and see their hearts and not the sin they've been in ... ;)

Can I share this? In the 20 years that I've been a wedding planner, I noticed something that never seems to fail.

As soon as a 'brother' announces that he's engaged to be married, there are a group of 'women' that all of a sudden have a 'sudden' interest in him. I'm not kidding. :nono: You should see the ways they begin to throw themselves at these men. It's crazy. :eek: Even after the wedding, these women act like a fool. I've seen it.

Fortunately, the men have 'sense'...good sense empowered by the love of God and they write these women a one-way ticket out of their faces.

Sooooooo, again, it's not just the men. ;)

live2bgr8

Shimmie said:
And sometimes that two becomes three...a new little baby... :rolleyes:

:wasntme:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, that's why people need to make sure they are "dancing" with the person God meant for them...

Shimmie

Staff member
kelouis75 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, that's why people need to make sure they are "dancing" with the person God meant for them...

That's why God came up with the 'Electric Slide'.... No one on oneies. ;)

Glib Gurl

True, true -- thanks for this post, Shimmie! You know what? I think in general the people of God who are really 'bout it, 'bout it (on all fronts, not just sexual purity) are being outshadowed by the many who do the things you are talking about (i.e., going to church to get a hookup, etc.). Walking with the Lord, we are to be humble, not let our left hand know what the right hand is doing, and so on. So, it's easy to not see/acknowledge the people who really are trying to walk the walk.

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Like only Shimmie can do....You always have a great word. :p

Hey Darlin... :kiss:

Love and blessings to you and your precious 'hubby'...

Ooooooooooooo, and much favor upon you both. Receive that for what it's worth...you already have the annointing. Bless the name of the Lord... Amen!