Indirect Heat once per week on relaxed hair

HairQueen

I have done a search on heat use and cannot find the answer I am looking for in the threads!

I have not used heat direct or indirect on my hair on a regular basis for YEARS. As a result of this my hair has gotten much thicker and longer.
Now that it is longer I want to wear it out and enjoy it BUT I still want to continue to keep it growing longer.

Do you think it slow down my progress by causing more split ends if I use indirect heat once per week (i.e. wrap or rollerset under my hood dryer)?

I always wash and DC with protein and moisture once per week religiously, I have relaxed, fine hair.

Thanks
HQ.

ceebee3

Hi there,

I've been using indirect heat (hooded dryer) every week for the last 14 weeks. I am also relaxed with fine hair and I deep condition weekly. I don't have a problem with split ends and my ends are very healthy. My hair has grown a bit as well.

I don't think you would have any problems.

*Michelle*

I have fine, texlaxed hair. I use direct heat weekly and my hair is fine. If you use a true heat protectant and your ends are all ready healthy you will be fine. Besides what you do to the ends don't stop the growth...it impacts retaining it. KWIM?

FlawedBeauty

wow beautiful hair...what type of heat do u use and heat protectant?

I have fine, texlaxed hair. I use direct heat weekly and my hair is fine. If you use a true heat protectant and your ends are all ready healthy you will be fine. Besides what you do to the ends don't stop the growth...it impacts retaining it. KWIM?

HairQueen

Hi there,

I've been using indirect heat (hooded dryer) every week for the last 14 weeks. I am also relaxed with fine hair and I deep condition weekly. I don't have a problem with split ends and my ends are very healthy. My hair has grown a bit as well.

I don't think you would have any problems.

Thankyou so much for your response. I feel relieved especially as you say you have fine hair also. I have a real phopia of heat now and was frightened of undoing all my hard work.

Thanks
HQ

HairQueen

Hi

Thanks for your reply. What you are saying about the ends not stopping growth - thats what I meant. I know the hair will still grow out of my head regardless but any damage to ends will it cause it have more split ends, therefore needing more trims therefore stopping my progress. This was what I was wanting to know, & whether the use of heat would slow down my progress by giving me more split ends..

Thanks
HQ

sqzbly1908

Your hair should be fine - I rollerset and dry under the dryer 3-4 times a week with no adverse effects as this is the only style I know how to do :)

~*Tigget*~

Direct heat is the culprit to my hair being thin. Since I have stopped using direct heat it has helped it thicken up. The only heat is 'indirect' when I deep condition.

Miss*Tress

My hair grew from ear-length to BSL when relaxed; I roller set my hair 1-2 times per week and used a bonnet dryer. I didn't use any other heat though.

hillytmj

I think rollersets are fine for relaxed head. That's all I do, and I've gotten good results.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
When I relaxed rollersets got my hair longer than it ever was since I started relaxing. I rollerset weekly. I didn't use any other heat.

SelfStyled

I have used Indirect Heat about 2-3x a week since last June- and have not had any setbacks at all. I usually scarf method for 30 minutes on a cool/low or occasionally I will rollerset.

ETA: The indirect heat is my bonnet dryer

loveable37

I have VERY FINE HAIR too ,and using heat every week too much for my hair it will start SHEDDIN like nobody business righ now im using HEATevery 2 weeks it too much but i only comb my hair once week or more.rollerset i hate them i never do them so just take care of ur hair BEFORE/AFTERWARD u should be fine.