“insert” 3C pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Mad Scientist

EccentricRed

This is my naked hair! My crown and the back are 3c. The front of my hair does not spiral, it is more of an S shape (which get on my nerves)

LadyRaider

I think... It's a little more wavy at the very top back of my head and a little more tightly curled at my nape. But I think this where I mostly belong. :look:

One dry no product, one wet no product, one "wash and go" dry with product.

Attachments

• dry no product.jpg
    dry no product.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 34
  • wet no product.jpg
    wet no product.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 35
  • metodat.jpg
    metodat.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

NICE BLOG...click to Read stolen from Boujoichic

Im currently doing some research on hair typing because I had previously gotten so much mixed information. I knew that it should be much simpler than some make it seem. I have since searched around the hair boards and the internet and found some information that made typing easy. First off I found that hair typing Andre's system is based purely on curl size it does not take into account texture, density, or porosity. I also have found some curl size comparisons that make finding your type easy.
3A are very large curls like sidewalk chalk. 3B would be like chalk (regular chalkboard chalk) to sharpie marker sized.
3C curls tend to be pencil size (or a little larger) to drinking straw sized.
4A would be around chopstick to coffee stirrer size (can also show as tight S shaped waves).
4B coils are very small and will not clump without product or manipulation in most cases Can look like cloud of little pin spring coils.
Also typing is best done dry hair with no product no manipulation with wet hair the curls are looser and stretched out by the water.
I will be adding to this as I find more information

Whimsy

i thought i was 3c/4a but the lovely ladies here told me i'm a 3c.
looking at everyone else's pics, i think i may have been right...so if you think 4a lemme know and i'll nix the pix.

here are a couple shots

wet

dry

alyssabrie

i thought i was 3c/4a but the lovely ladies here told me i'm a 3c.
looking at everyone else's pics, i think i may have been right...so if you think 4a lemme know and i'll nix the pix.

here are a couple shots

wet

dry

I think you look 3c.

RainyDaze

I thought I was 3c/4a, but after looking at the pics in this thread, I realized that I don't have any type 4curls. I am 3c and may have some 3b curls mixed in. One day, I'll post pics of my hair when I learn how to do so.lol.

BostonMaria

Whimsy you're 3C.
Actually I've been meaning to tell you this for like a year LOL but didn't want to offend you.

You're my hair twin except my hair shrinks up more than yours.

Whimsy

Whimsy you're 3C.
Actually I've been meaning to tell you this for like a year LOL but didn't want to offend you.

You're my hair twin except my hair shrinks up more than yours.

Offend?

3c seems right I guess. I feel like lookin at some of the pics here that my curls may be tighter than theirs but I guess there's a range to 3c?

I'm no good at hair typing.
And it doesn't help that I get different "diagnoses" on different photos.
:shrug:

PeculiarDaye

These pictures were taken back in 2009 I haven't really wore my hair down since then so I do apologize for not having an up to date one.

Freshly Washed No PRODUCT (Maybe only conditioner)

Wash and Go

Dry

Regular

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[USER=245532 said:
MadamCJCPA[/USER] ;11256354]I posted these pictures in the 3c/4a thread, but now I'm thinking I put them in the wrong thread. I didn't see this thread until afterwards. Oopsie! :wallbash:

beautiful hair... do you have any washed UNTOUCHED hair pics?? (no product as well)

looks 4a here.. but it looks blown out

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

These pictures were taken back in 2009 I haven't really wore my hair down since then so I do apologize for not having an up to date one.

Freshly Washed No PRODUCT (Maybe only conditioner)

Wash and Go

Dry

Regular

ok most that I'm seeing look like a combo or blur of 3c and 4a hair

you look like a true 3c hair type

LadyRaider

My hair in my sig.
The earlier pic was before I BC'd... my tightest curls are small section at the nape. And they are pencil-sized back there. I don't have any coffee stirrer curls.

I fixed the old post with three new pics. Like I said the last one was before I'd BC'd.

That said. If I'm 4A, then 4A must be the prettiest curls evah! If I'm 4B... then THEY are the prettiest curls. :yep:
hi raider!! do you have a new pic?? (no product on wash day?)

It may just be the pic, but that image looks more 4a (so maybe a combo?)

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Offend?

3c seems right I guess. I feel like lookin at some of the pics here that my curls may be tighter than theirs but I guess there's a range to 3c?

I'm no good at hair typing.
And it doesn't help that I get different "diagnoses" on different photos.
:shrug:

Whimsy I've seen some people get VERY offended when you tell them that they're 3C not 4A. I'm talking they will sit there and type three paragraphs of why you're crazy and they're right :grin:

Like for example @wavezncurlz is not 3C but she insists on being 3C because she knows us 3C curls are cool as hayel! :lachen: I'm kidding wavezncurlz don't keel me! but seriously you're 3B :sekret:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

hopefully it's just a fun little game of finding hair twins

I need to find mine again, hair twins sometimes save you time and money on products that suck on our hair:look:

Last edited:

Shadiyah

NICE BLOG...click to Read stolen from Boujoichic

Im currently doing some research on hair typing because I had previously gotten so much mixed information. I knew that it should be much simpler than some make it seem. I have since searched around the hair boards and the internet and found some information that made typing easy. First off I found that hair typing Andre's system is based purely on curl size it does not take into account texture, density, or porosity. I also have found some curl size comparisons that make finding your type easy.
3A are very large curls like sidewalk chalk. 3B would be like chalk (regular chalkboard chalk) to sharpie marker sized.
3C curls tend to be pencil size (or a little larger) to drinking straw sized.
4A would be around chopstick to coffee stirrer size (can also show as tight S shaped waves).
4B coils are very small and will not clump without product or manipulation in most cases Can look like cloud of little pin spring coils.
Also typing is best done dry hair with no product no manipulation with wet hair the curls are looser and stretched out by the water.
I will be adding to this as I find more information

This was great information. I found the information in curly girl hand book by lorraine massey was very helpful to me. she does not use 1-4 typing. but too much typing to explain the names and types.. unless someone is really interested.