“insert” 4a pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

here are mine. i used to think i was a 4 a/b mix...but now i'm sure i'm a solid 4a.

cowashed, no product (i had gel in it the day b4, so maybe some left over)
IMG_4063-vi.jpg

heat damage by my ears

IMG_4073-vi.jpg

with gel
IMG_4043-vi.jpg

shrinkage (about 50%)
IMG_4057-vi.jpg

1st time seeing if my hair would fit in one ponytail
photo2-vi.jpg

wet hair from 2009- my natural hair color as well
IMG_3314-vi.jpg

unlike a lot of 4a's, my curlies do not clump and they refuse to be defined by any product. the best i can do is having cute, curly ends while the roots are always a fuzzy mess. my hair also, does not form waves.

Wet, no product, unmanipulated hair:
2qurtd5.jpg

Dried, no product, unmanipulated hair:
2h6hmhl.jpg

33dd310.jpg

24zyfsw.jpg

oar8zb.jpg

2iafmad.jpg

2hwe8ag.jpg

33ufp5s.jpg

la2ib.jpg

I see your siggy as well. Great progress Poobear. I remember your chop from the beginning. We are hair twins and I'm definitely encouraged now. :yep:

Last edited:
a few pics of my 4a hair

wash and go in march
2craert.jpg

frohawk on wash and go hair
orv81v.jpg

these last ones are just wash and goes too... lol.
9fwoqp.jpg

fk1zdk.jpg

2a0j4u8.jpg

I love this thread! I have so much to look forward to in seeing my 4a curlies with some length. I'm getting there slowly but surely!!

I already posted pics on this thread. :look:

Umm... I have a bit more hair now so I guess I'll post again? Hope nobody minds! :grin:

009-vi.jpg

Twist-out.

008-vi.jpg

Same twist-out (side view) :grin:

0122-vi.jpg

Fluffed out afro w/ headband.

009-vi.jpg

PUFF!

008-vi.jpg

Twists

003-vi.jpg

Blown out and lightly flat ironed

i have finally found my hair twin! you are a true 4a!

I'm a 4a!!!! :)

NO PRODUCT/UN-MANIPULATED HAIR-FRESHLY WASHED (DAMP)

WASH N GO-LITERALLY

SHINGLED-MANIPULATED WITH LOTS OF GEL & DIFFUSED WITH BLOW-DRYER

3 WEEK OLD TWISTS

I was told that I am a 4a silky, but I disagree...there's nothing "silky" about my hair texture at all...Is it soft?? yes, very...silky?? nope. And I still love it:grin:...Just take a look at my no-product, unmanipulated pics (first two) and you can CLEARLY see that its no where near "silky"...I would describe my hair as fine/very dense/4a...

I've never felt more at home in my life...so many hair twins, so little time!
I'm tex-laxed now, but here's a pic from natural days:

Aug '05
20050820DSCN0446-vi.jpg

Last edited:
there are only a few ladies in here with full 4a hair type. the rest need to go to the 3c/4a thread. it's throwing a lot of folks off.

hey ladies..new on the board and a transitioning girl @ 17 months and 1 week post.. I posted my hair and texture (since I have a lot of newgrowth) in the 3c/4a thread but I found a hair twin in here ... La FemmeNaturelle and Miryoku.. so now I'm so confused.. do i stay here or am I 4a/3c...I'm honestly just looking for a hair twin buddy... My hair is below:

17 months txt shot 1.jpg

17 months txt shot 2.jpg

closeup.jpg

hair today.jpg

YAY I have a new pic to add for transitioners who may be wondering! My hair is damp here
ng-vi.jpg

lmbo girl idk what I am! I just claim 4a because my hair is kinky. We can be hair buddies if you want but I wouldn't worry too much about what "Type" you are. Just go by pics and find whose hair looks/behaves like yours. Then when people start kicking you out of the hair typing threads then I guess you gotta go lol

@lafemmenaturelle.. when do you plan on chopping? i'm ready to be #team natural..never thought in a million years I would transition successfully..but my first goal was to transition and i did that successfully my next goal is to make it to 2 years and my last goal is chop @ 27 -29 months depending on the length

@lafemmenaturelle.. when do you plan on chopping? i'm ready to be #team natural..never thought in a million years I would transition successfully..but my first goal was to transition and i did that successfully my next goal is to make it to 2 years and my last goal is chop @ 27 -29 months depending on the length

I have no idea I'm just living life lol Most days I want to transition until I'm natural and just trim whatever's necessary each time I straighten (I'm guessing that will be another 2 years). Other days (like yesterday) I want to chop immediately after my brother's wedding in April.....just because....so I honestly don't know what I'll do. Just taking it day by day.

HI!!!!! My name is Jess and I am a 4A (I have 4B on the sides by my ears, but not enough...right? lol DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!!! LOL) Here are my pics, I just BC'd in Sept. 2010 and I have maybe 1.5"-2" of hair all around? Or less, IDK...okay here we go:

October 2010 Wash n' Go
untitled-1-1.jpg

Top of my hair November 2010
IMAG0117-1.jpg

Side of my hair November 2010
IMAG0118-1.jpg

Side of my hair December 2010
IMAG0188-1.jpg

Freshly washed December 2010
IMAG0187-1.jpg

OKAY, here is a gripe: is anybody else's hair so soft it is naturally frizzy? Like my hair is maaaaad soft (not bragging, it is really soft, no matter what state it's in) and it is so soft it's frizzy, even when it's wet it's frizzy, my 4A sisters, is that normal or an indication of something: like porosity issues or a messed protein/moisture balance? IDK, but if my hair wasn't frizzy ALL THE TIME I would love it, I just like it now (lol)

Last edited:
itsjusthair88--My hair is always frizzy too even when wet. My hair is extremely soft also. I heard as a natural frizz just comes with the terriority. But if there is something I'm not doing, need to do, etc, I would like to know too.

OKAY, here is a gripe: is anybody else's hair so soft it is naturally frizzy? Like my hair is maaaaad soft (not bragging, it is really soft, no matter what state it's in) and it is so soft it's frizzy, even when it's wet it's frizzy, my 4A sisters, is that normal or an indication of something: like porosity issues or a messed protein/moisture balance? IDK, but if my hair wasn't frizzy ALL THE TIME I would love it, I just like it now (lol)

My hair is naturally frizzy too. I've tried different products that are supposed to "tame" the frizzies, but I think a little frizz just goes with the territory. Unless someone knows of some secret product out there (besides KCC- I'm not a fan of wet hair in the winter).

Anyone???

itsjusthair88--My hair is always frizzy too even when wet. My hair is extremely soft also. I heard as a natural frizz just comes with the terriority. But if there is something I'm not doing, need to do, etc, I would like to know too.

Yea me too girl, I HATE the frizzies!!!!! I just hate them!:ohwell:

My hair is naturally frizzy too. I've tried different products that are supposed to "tame" the frizzies, but I think a little frizz just goes with the territory. Unless someone knows of some secret product out there (besides KCC- I'm not a fan of wet hair in the winter).

Anyone???

I haven't tried KCC; I might try it if my hair gets longer.

transitioning no product
NG-vi.jpg

transitioning w/product
DSCF2405-vi.jpg

short hair
texturenlengthshot.jpg

regular frizzy fro
wetunmanip-1.jpg

texture shot of my hair after demi perm color
mixoftextures-1.jpg

wavy style w/ grease
kinkysidedetail.jpg