“insert” 4a pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

manter26

here are mine. i used to think i was a 4 a/b mix...but now i'm sure i'm a solid 4a.

cowashed, no product (i had gel in it the day b4, so maybe some left over)

heat damage by my ears

with gel

shrinkage (about 50%)

1st time seeing if my hair would fit in one ponytail

wet hair from 2009- my natural hair color as well

unlike a lot of 4a's, my curlies do not clump and they refuse to be defined by any product. the best i can do is having cute, curly ends while the roots are always a fuzzy mess. my hair also, does not form waves.

TwistNMx

Wet, no product, unmanipulated hair:

Dried, no product, unmanipulated hair:

I see your siggy as well. Great progress Poobear. I remember your chop from the beginning. We are hair twins and I'm definitely encouraged now. :yep:

Last edited:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
a few pics of my 4a hair

wash and go in march

frohawk on wash and go hair

these last ones are just wash and goes too... lol.

KaramelDiva1978

I love this thread! I have so much to look forward to in seeing my 4a curlies with some length. I'm getting there slowly but surely!!

Sianna

I already posted pics on this thread. :look:

Umm... I have a bit more hair now so I guess I'll post again? Hope nobody minds! :grin:

Twist-out.

Same twist-out (side view) :grin:

Fluffed out afro w/ headband.

PUFF!

Twists

Blown out and lightly flat ironed

Evolving78

i have finally found my hair twin! you are a true 4a!

I'm a 4a!!!! :)

NO PRODUCT/UN-MANIPULATED HAIR-FRESHLY WASHED (DAMP)

WASH N GO-LITERALLY

SHINGLED-MANIPULATED WITH LOTS OF GEL & DIFFUSED WITH BLOW-DRYER

3 WEEK OLD TWISTS

I was told that I am a 4a silky, but I disagree...there's nothing "silky" about my hair texture at all...Is it soft?? yes, very...silky?? nope. And I still love it:grin:...Just take a look at my no-product, unmanipulated pics (first two) and you can CLEARLY see that its no where near "silky"...I would describe my hair as fine/very dense/4a...

WaterMoccasin

I've never felt more at home in my life...so many hair twins, so little time!
I'm tex-laxed now, but here's a pic from natural days:

Aug '05

Last edited:

Evolving78

there are only a few ladies in here with full 4a hair type. the rest need to go to the 3c/4a thread. it's throwing a lot of folks off.

stephluvshair

hey ladies..new on the board and a transitioning girl @ 17 months and 1 week post.. I posted my hair and texture (since I have a lot of newgrowth) in the 3c/4a thread but I found a hair twin in here ... La FemmeNaturelle and Miryoku.. so now I'm so confused.. do i stay here or am I 4a/3c...I'm honestly just looking for a hair twin buddy... My hair is below:

17 months txt shot 1.jpg

17 months txt shot 2.jpg

closeup.jpg

hair today.jpg

YAY I have a new pic to add for transitioners who may be wondering! My hair is damp here

LaFemmeNaturelle

lmbo girl idk what I am! I just claim 4a because my hair is kinky. We can be hair buddies if you want but I wouldn't worry too much about what "Type" you are. Just go by pics and find whose hair looks/behaves like yours. Then when people start kicking you out of the hair typing threads then I guess you gotta go lol

stephluvshair

@lafemmenaturelle.. when do you plan on chopping? i'm ready to be #team natural..never thought in a million years I would transition successfully..but my first goal was to transition and i did that successfully my next goal is to make it to 2 years and my last goal is chop @ 27 -29 months depending on the length

LaFemmeNaturelle

@lafemmenaturelle.. when do you plan on chopping? i'm ready to be #team natural..never thought in a million years I would transition successfully..but my first goal was to transition and i did that successfully my next goal is to make it to 2 years and my last goal is chop @ 27 -29 months depending on the length

I have no idea I'm just living life lol Most days I want to transition until I'm natural and just trim whatever's necessary each time I straighten (I'm guessing that will be another 2 years). Other days (like yesterday) I want to chop immediately after my brother's wedding in April.....just because....so I honestly don't know what I'll do. Just taking it day by day.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
HI!!!!! My name is Jess and I am a 4A (I have 4B on the sides by my ears, but not enough...right? lol DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!!! LOL) Here are my pics, I just BC'd in Sept. 2010 and I have maybe 1.5"-2" of hair all around? Or less, IDK...okay here we go:

October 2010 Wash n' Go

Top of my hair November 2010

Side of my hair November 2010

Side of my hair December 2010

Freshly washed December 2010

OKAY, here is a gripe: is anybody else's hair so soft it is naturally frizzy? Like my hair is maaaaad soft (not bragging, it is really soft, no matter what state it's in) and it is so soft it's frizzy, even when it's wet it's frizzy, my 4A sisters, is that normal or an indication of something: like porosity issues or a messed protein/moisture balance? IDK, but if my hair wasn't frizzy ALL THE TIME I would love it, I just like it now (lol)

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
itsjusthair88--My hair is always frizzy too even when wet. My hair is extremely soft also. I heard as a natural frizz just comes with the terriority. But if there is something I'm not doing, need to do, etc, I would like to know too.

nestlequik

OKAY, here is a gripe: is anybody else's hair so soft it is naturally frizzy? Like my hair is maaaaad soft (not bragging, it is really soft, no matter what state it's in) and it is so soft it's frizzy, even when it's wet it's frizzy, my 4A sisters, is that normal or an indication of something: like porosity issues or a messed protein/moisture balance? IDK, but if my hair wasn't frizzy ALL THE TIME I would love it, I just like it now (lol)

My hair is naturally frizzy too. I've tried different products that are supposed to "tame" the frizzies, but I think a little frizz just goes with the territory. Unless someone knows of some secret product out there (besides KCC- I'm not a fan of wet hair in the winter).

Anyone???

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
itsjusthair88--My hair is always frizzy too even when wet. My hair is extremely soft also. I heard as a natural frizz just comes with the terriority. But if there is something I'm not doing, need to do, etc, I would like to know too.

Yea me too girl, I HATE the frizzies!!!!! I just hate them!:ohwell:

My hair is naturally frizzy too. I've tried different products that are supposed to "tame" the frizzies, but I think a little frizz just goes with the territory. Unless someone knows of some secret product out there (besides KCC- I'm not a fan of wet hair in the winter).

Anyone???

I haven't tried KCC; I might try it if my hair gets longer.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
transitioning no product

transitioning w/product

short hair

regular frizzy fro

texture shot of my hair after demi perm color

wavy style w/ grease

shingled w/ gel

rake n go w/ gel

twists w/ condish

twists updo