Introduce Yourself Here

tsescoff

Hi all -
Like u, I'm new here & finally decided to subscribe (sure glad I did). Looking to grow out my hair to shoulder length. I've been wearing it natural since 2000 & about a year ago had cut off my brastrap length locs to make room for something new....

My hair grows at a fairly decent rate though I will admit I need to be more accountable for keeping it healthy (ie, deep treating/conditioning, sleeping w/ a silk headwrap...etc) I had to cut it again (several months after I cut my locs) due to a bad hair experience but I'm back on track....

I know I'll learn a lot (I already have) & look forward to imparting anything I happen to learn along the way.....

Happy & Healthy Hair to you all! :yawn:

Danichoo

Hello everyone

Im dani and have intorduced myself on the main board (was that wrong?), been a lurker for YEARS!!!!

I am based in the uk, hair between jaw and shoulder at mo, aiming for healthy APL ...one day.

co washing, lo/no heat , DCs, lo manipulation styles. still palying with my regime at the moment but co-wash with any cheapie moisture shampoo, deep condition at least 1 a week, leavin conditioner, daily moisture with glycerin combo and seal with olive oil.

cant get a picture to load up and Im not sure how to set up an album for my progress...anyone know how?

well its nice to meet you and glad i have someone on the journey with me!! cant do it alone.

nikki2229

Hello to Everyone,
I am new to the forum and I am excited by all the new information that is available here. I'm looking forward to gaining more insight and healthier hair.

Once again hello to everyone!

billions

Hello.....:yawn:
I'm Billions and i am really enjoying all of the information and networking going on here at the LHCF!
I'm new here, but am finding my way in and out of forums very quickly!
i am excited about what is taking place here!:grin:
A large networking of black women from all over the globe helping one another and sharing the wealth has got to be one of the most beautiful things that i have encountered in all my years as a beauty professional!:grin:
Let's continue to strive and build each other up one hair strand at a time!

Be Blessed!

missthang

Smooches!

I have been "eye hustlin" the site for a while and decided to join.

I grew locs for about 5 years and decided to cut them off. For the last 2 years since the cut, my hair has been a mess due to perms, weaves and colors. I'm looking to have an all natural process of growing out my hair and I'm excited to share ideas with you ladies.

:newbie:

exoticcandigirl

Hello, I am not new to the site because I've been lurking for a while. I've decided to join because needless to say it is an incredible site well worth the membership dues. I have watch the forum groooww! I got tired of watching and lurking from the sidelines and I'm ready to get active with site.

I am a 39 year old married stay at home mom of 4 (3 girls, 1 boy). I recently relocated to Nashville,Tn from Memphis, Tn. I enjoy taking care of myself and my family. My hobbies are baking, decorating, and learning new information on the internet. I really look forward to the kid's haircare forum and the cooking, sewing forum, and of course the general hair care forum.

Look forward to interacting with all of you.

GoldenOne

Hello everyone,

I am here lookin for the latest info on newest styles and hare care. my hair is a little past my neck. My goal right now is not length, it is to grow out this relaxer. Last relaxer was in October. Since then about 5 inches of new growth. I am a strong advocate of hair weaves.:lachen:Use those instead of the plain cornow braid method, for growing out my hair.

Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malice5

Hello,

I'm not so new but I haven't been to the forum in a while. I've always hated introductions but here goes. I'm from Atlanta and I love rock music and reading. I joined the forum to learn how to take better care of my hair. I've become the type of person who will do absolutely nothing to my hair except pulling it back into a ponytail.

It grows okay on its own but I want to take a more active role. I used to bleach my hair, in order to dye it blue. I never had a problem until an incident with perming too soon. Now my hair breaks off easily and my edges are thin. i'm hoping to get some knowledge here to improve that.

Also, I just wanted to ask. How do you find your hair type? And what do the numbers/letters mean?

Thanks! (pretty long for someone who hates intros)
Malice

soulie

Hello,

I'm not so new but I haven't been to the forum in a while. I've always hated introductions but here goes. I'm from Atlanta and I love rock music and reading. I joined the forum to learn how to take better care of my hair. I've become the type of person who will do absolutely nothing to my hair except pulling it back into a ponytail.

It grows okay on its own but I want to take a more active role. I used to bleach my hair, in order to dye it blue. I never had a problem until an incident with perming too soon. Now my hair breaks off easily and my edges are thin. i'm hoping to get some knowledge here to improve that.

Also, I just wanted to ask. How do you find your hair type? And what do the numbers/letters mean?

Thanks! (pretty long for someone who hates intros)
Malice

:welcome:

Here the thread you need: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=300761

joian

Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle and I've been a lurker for about a year. Finally decided to join. My main purpose for joining is for my daughter. Hope to get to know you ladies and get some tips that I can use for my baby girl.

MrsHdrLe

Hey, I joined in Feb. but I didn't know about this thread. (You learn something new everyday). My name is Angela (even though I go by Angiet). I live in the Los Angeles area. I came here with really dry breaking hair, but in about four months I saw a real differnce in my hair and it started with cutting out the heat. Once I accepted my hair in all it's kinky/curly glory, I saw a turnaround in my hair. (By the way, I guess I've always stretched b/c I wore braids for something like 15 years). My folloy was not moisturizing my hair and not taking out my braids to condition and care for my own hair, so my hair started about shoulder length and my goal is to get to mbl by Dec. 2010.
Wish me luck!
Can someone direct me how to add stuff to my siggy?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey, I joined in Feb. but I didn't know about this thread. (You learn something new everyday). My name is Angela (even though I go by Angiet). I live in the Los Angeles area. I came here with really dry breaking hair, but in about four months I saw a real differnce in my hair and it started with cutting out the heat. Once I accepted my hair in all it's kinky/curly glory, I saw a turnaround in my hair. (By the way, I guess I've always stretched b/c I wore braids for something like 15 years). My folloy was not moisturizing my hair and not taking out my braids to condition and care for my own hair, so my hair started about shoulder length and my goal is to get to mbl by Dec. 2010.
Wish me luck!
Can someone direct me how to add stuff to my siggy?

Click User CP @ top left of screen. Then there is a menu on the left, choose 'edit signature'
Good luck :up:

urbanchic

Hi everyone,
I never knew about this thread either. I am a newbie that join in June. Between lhcf and youtube I have completely turn my hair lifestyle around. I always had the problem hair in my family with dry brittle hair that seemed to break if you looked at it to hard. BUT now that I learn what impact true "moisture" has on hair and things are changing fast for me.

Last edited:

GreenD

Hi all, I'm new here too, or should say a paying member. I've lurked for almost a year and just decided to pay up last week. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier.

Wynndie

Hi all! I've lurked here off and on for apparently almost two years. I didnt pay for my membership until Apri 09l! So I just want to say Hi and sorry for not saying it sooner.

Prudent1

Hi all!! I didn't know about this thread either. I've posted in several others already. I too was a lurker for about 4 months. I have turned my dry breaking hair around significantly since coming here. Prior to coming here I cut my hair to ear length:wallbash: but it was a really cute cut :grin: b/c I thought starting over would fix my problems. Anyway, moisture is my friend...I know that now. I am now SL. My first goal is APL by Dec 2009. I'll posts some pics in my siggie soon. My digital camera is on the fritz. HHG!!

yasmine913

Hello Ladies! Newbie here as well--FINALLY decided to go ahead and pay up after lurking for several months:) I have learned so much and am already an LHCF addict! Than you all for such great hair care information.

WaistLengthDreams

Hello Everyone! After a month of lurking, I finally subscribed to the forum. I've learned a lot already and can't wait to learn more! Healthy hair, here I come!

TyHill21

Hey Guys,

I've been on the site for about 3 weeks now. I am amazed by all the information about hair that I never knew about that I am learning on here :)

divinerae

Hello Everyone!!!
Been lurking for forever!!! I've had locs for the seven years but I picked them out in May so I'm taking in all the information I can about taking care of long natural hair.

meandmine4

Hello all!!!!!!!
I joined a couple of days ago after deciding to go natural with my hair. I am looking forward to all the information you pros have to offer.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Penny

Celestial

Hello I'm new and just registered today. I've been lurking this site for some time and just decided to pay for a year subscription.

Celestial

Hello all!!!!!!!
I joined a couple of days ago after deciding to go natural with my hair. I am looking forward to all the information you pros have to offer.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Penny

Here is another natural. I decided to come here since I was a member of nappturality but it seem kind of hostile over there and too cliquish so I decided to pay to join this site.