New LHCF Members: Introduce Yourselves!

MysTori

You came, you saw, you joined!

There are alot of new members joining LHCF. YAAAY! Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about you, what brought you here, your hair goals, etc. Share anything you'd like your sisters-in-hair to know, especially hair pictures. :p

Welcome! We're happy to have you on board! ;)

The LHCF Crew

**Old or new, it doesn't matter how long you've been a member, if you want to formally introduce yourself and share your story, please feel free to do so! Your story may help someone else or inspire someone to help you! :)**

Last edited:

Xanthe22

HI! My name is Xanthe and i found this forum browsing around this summer... i started to use some of the products and tips and have learned a great deal about my hair... it is actually groeing very healthy now. It is short ( about to my chin for the longer lengths and five inches for the shorter ones).

My hair goals are to get it mid back,aka bra strap length, and to look fly but keep it natural.

sarel

:wave: Hello I'm Sarel & I live in Canada. I joined in September after lurking for months. I'm still in lurk mode because I really don't know that much about hair care yet, but I'm learning! I texturized my hair for the first time about 4 years ago. I loved it at first, but my hair is very dried out now. It's also been underprocessed several different times. I didn't realize it until about one month ago because I was clueless about relaxers and what "underprocessed" even meant. Thanks to LHCF, I'm much more aware of what's happening on top of my head, and how to maximize my hair's success. I'm not used to taking care of my hair, so sticking to a regimen is a big change, but it's coming along. Everyone on the board I've encountered has been so helpful and supportive to me, so I'm glad I joined the board. Hopefully I'll have enough guts to finally setting up my fotki and put up some pictures (then I'll really feel at home here! lol)

My hair is 4a/b and 3c/b at my nape. It's semi-texturized :)mad:lol), and around my shoulders. Right now, my primary goal is to have healthy hair, and my secondary goal is to have midback length unstretched.

KiniKakes

Hi Newbies! Welcome!!!! :grin: I started out as a lurker too.... but finally had to join, couldnt resist reading such great threads without asking questions and/or adding my 2 cents!

HHG to you ladies!!! :D

L_Mo

I'm a Newbie... sort of... I actually joined back in 2003 under the user name L.Mo. Somehow after getting married and moving, I stopped browsing the forum. Now that I have a 15 month old, I'm back! :)

I found that without the support of all the ladies of the LHCF, I let myself (i.e. my HAIR) go down the tubes. I'm ready to re-focus!

reckgnyze

Hi I'm sort of a newbie I joined in september been lurking for 5 months before joining. And learned alot from you wonderful ladies. But I'm 22, married with two boys. I recently started my hair care journey 6 months ago and tryin to hang in there for my hair sake, so far so good. I'm not a patient person so hopefully I won't give up on my hair. I really don't have a regimen I just wash, condition weekly, low manipulation, oil and sometimes grease my scalp. I really don't know what to say. But thank you ladies for your inspiration. I'm a very happppppy person now that my hair is healthy:D

KookieMunstah

Hi Ladies!!! Kookie in Houston Ya'll!!! I have been a lurker for more than a year but a member for a short time. I have thrown my 2cents here and there. I have been natural for most of my life. My hair has been every legnth from a 2 inch 'fro to butt legnth - and 89% healthy. I came upon the site looking for help for my daighters hair. Grandma thought a relaxer would be a good idea - yeah right...long story short - extra dry, extreme breakage, etc, etc. Thanks you you ladies tho - we are on and Kracka-Lackin...I have some of my pix in fotki...Toodles Ya'll....

SpiritJunkie

Hey

I've been lurking all summer and joined in September. I am very happy to be here. I have a thread stating that i just put in some progress pics in my fotki this week so feel free to view.

My main goal is to have healthy hair. Second to that is to grow all of it to shoulder length. I've learned SOOOOO MUCH of these boards its ridiculous. My hair has changed quite a bit since the start of my journey in July. I expect a lot more in 2007.

Love it here. I've learned from all the boards that i frequent. I hope to share some real valuable tips soon as well.

sexyaqr

Hi My name is Tricia. I have been here for a little less than a month. I started lurking at first. My big reason for searching for help was because I decided to become a Travel Nurse and now that I am on assignment in Maryland, I can't seem to find a good hairdresser. Originally from NY, where my hairdresser(she is the best) actually nursed my hair back to health and to a decnt length. But now I am here in Bmore, MD I am having the hardest time with hairdressers. Anyway, I have learnt so much since I have been here and soon I may start doing my own hair:clapping: . Well we will see.

PatientPath

Hi, I have been lurking for awhile and finally joined. I'm finally ready to accept responsibilty for my hair and understand how to care for my tresses. There is a lot of good advice and I hope to know more than I do six months from now.:look: My hair goal is to have have healthy hair and beome a roller setting master. I appreciate all the advice found on this site and hope to able to contribute my own soon. :grin:

Renaylor

Hi,
My name is Renee, am 39, married w/ a boy and girl, I am a RN Case Manager. I started out by lurking, I found this site when I searched for my beloved Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I am lucky to have a fantastic hairdresser who has been doing my hair for nearly 14 yrs. I normally have no hair issues but I guess because I am getting older and am hypothyroid it is taking a toil on my skin and hair. Thanks to LCHF I have managed to revamp my regimen for both my skin and hair and reverse a lot of the damage. My hair is currently in a graduated bob,texlaxed which I am trying to grow back to almost shoulder length. I don't classify my hair into any categories like what Andre Walker uses because we all have unique hair and each head has to be treated differently. I am learning so much here and I already have numerous hair idols :)

Sha76

Not trully a newbie, been here since 2003, but have not been here for long time. I was natural when I joined the first time and then relaxed in 2004, but in 2005 did a big chop after my daughter was born and relxed again a few days ago.

I am married, SAHM with one child. My hair is should lengh in the back and chin length in the front. It is cut into layers. I mainly wear it pulled back(most convenient) and wrapped in a satin bonnet. I love washing my hair. I wash it every other day right now, but I am trying to cut back on that to 2 times per week or less. But no less than 1 time per week. Right now I am a little under processed on one side. but that will be fixed my next visit ( 6 weeks). After my next relaxer I plan on stretching to 12 week or more. Ultimately, I would like to stretch 6 months, but we will see.

CaramelPrincezz

Hi, I'm new here even though I've been coming to this site for the past few weeks. I've learned so much just by lurking and I've also purchased a lot of new products so I guess I'm a PJ now. As soon as i got 5 dollars to spare i registered. I'm trying to establish a regimen so hopefully I'll get it together soon. I've been tryin to grow my relaxed 4a/b hair for years. It used to be way down my back when I was a child but it just kept gettin shorter and shorter and I never figured out how to get it back to its full potential. I think my hair grows, I just have a problem retaining length because of breakage.
I really believe LCHF is the answer to my hair problems so hopefully I'll be posting some results soon. I purchased some Original MTG and its on the way! I'm also lookin in to some vitamins. I used to take prenatal vitamins even though I've never been pregnant because someone said that it helps hair growth. I dont wanna go on and on but any help is greatly appreciated. I need it cuz I want BSL!!!

Last edited:

amina kamal

Hi Im a newbie here, just joined in Sept 06. I had been lurkin off and on for awhile though. I have learned so much from this forum in the few months I have been trying to take better care of my hair. I still am experimenting with a regimen and trying to find my staples. I appreciate all of the input and feedback received by some of the veteran members.

nappy85

Hey everybody!!! I am fairly new. I joined in early September and I LOVE THIS SITE!!! I haven't had a perm since 2001/2002 and in 2004 I started wearing my hair natural. It was frustrating because I think I had colored/pressed my hair so much parts of my hair were a little damaged. I used to get a hard press every week and I was changing the color of my hair anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. All together I probably changed my hair color about 5 times in less than a year. I had my last color May 2003. I am a 3c/4a. My hair seemed to be in good health but the hair on the front left side just laid flat, which was very frustrating since the rest of my hair was very curly. I started searching for natural hair websites in April/May 2004 and I came across Motowngirl.com. I was so impressed with this site that I printed out every page and made my official "Hair Bible", which I still use to this day. In it, I learned that the easiest way to get the look I want was to big chop. So, after much thought, I did the big chop the first week in June 2004 going from about 9 inches to 1/2 inches. People told me my hair would never get curly there because it was just the "good" part of my hair (my great grandfather was White and my great grandmother was Indian). I didn't listen to them. I always had at least shoulder length hair so it was a HUGE adjustment, but I knew one day I'd reach my goal. Today, about 2 1/2 years later I have about 15 inches of healthy natural hair. I was looking for new hairstyles and I came across this website and now I am trying tot grow my hair to waistlength. I had already good hair practices(conditioner wash at least every other day, shampoo/deep condition bi-weekly, no combing/heat unless straightening hair which I only do about 4/5 a year) thanks to motowngirl.com and nappturality.com. The biggest difference is now I've eat at least 130 grams of protein daily(I just started about 1 1/2 weeks ago). I was getting about 1/2 inch growth each month before but it seemed to have slowed in the last few months. I'm ready for growth and I'll eventually post pictures. Wish me luck!!! :)

sugarose

Another newbie here!! I've been lurking since June, and finally joined a couple of days ago. My hair has thanked me for it!!! Now that I have nursed my hair back to health, I am concentrating on obtaining length.
I am so excited, because I now know I am not crazy for thinking black women can have long hair. :)

I've been really inspired by this site, you ladies are great!!!

Cholet112

Whats Hananannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!(Its a southern thang)

My Name is Amber....Yeah.....And Im the best.. Yeah...All the fellas...Yeah..wanna feel my chest.. Roll Call...Do yah Do yah **clap clap**** Do yah Do yah **clap clap** Do yah Do yah*** No I dont think so. :grin:

Seriousl though, I was a lurker for like......2 days!!! Man, I fell in love with all the beautiful hair and stories and couldnt wait to join. I couldnt resist. I even got like 3 of my friends to join and my Cell at church is doing the hair challenge. I am originally from Bham, AL moved to New Orleans and back to Bham after that chick Katrina happened. But i have always wanted long hair, but never realized why it wasnt growing...Duh the stylist was trimming all my new growth every time at got a relaxer at 6 weeks (Never More!!). But since the forum I am nursing my thick shoulder length hair to waist length (hopefully Oct 08'). You wonderful ladies have taught me the proper way to stretch. Can you believe I was combing 10 weeks of new growth.....DRY!!!!!! Ohhhh talk about hair loss. But I thank you ladies for all the wonderful knowledge that yall spit. Happy Hair Growing!!!!!

RoseGolden

Hello, I'm Krys! I've been lurking for a long time, I dont really remember when I first found this site or how. Probably a couple of months ago looking for hairstyles or something. I've become semi-obsessed with hair now lol. I had been gettin my hair flat ironed at the salon every 2 weeks, so now I have mostly straight ends, its like i'm stretching a relaxer, but I don't have one lol. I like to wear my hair straight so I don't know how i'm going to deal with trying to use less heat, but we'll see. I really, really just want healthy thicker APL length hair. Hopefully I will get there soon. Thats my hair now down there in my siggy.

carletta

:wave: I'm not new just been gone for a long long time . went through a divorce and found someone fabulous (my soul mate !):grin:

InNeedofHairapy

Hello, I'm InNeedofHairapy...I think my screen name says it all :lol: I joined last month, and I'm making small changes, as my pockets allow it. I'm here for some hair knowledge and to have an accountability partner(s) for weight loss.

I'm LOVING the positive vibe in here, and that' what finally made me join. That, and I had SO many questions to ask and no way to ask them as a lurker

I have a mess of a head right now, but that's my fault. I can't decide what hair I want from one day to the next. I've been thinking more and more about chopping my hair off, but my head is so darned big, that it's scares me to go out in the world "Dome alone" :lachen: I want long hair, but I want it to look good NOW..whether it's AP or Shoulder or whatever....I ask a lot of questions, but I'll try to do searches before I ask them

Dearlove

Hello, Ladies!!

I've been lurking for some time and finally joined last month. I enjoy the positive vibe and helpfulness of the members here. I have learned so much that has made an immediate difference in my hair.

I was relaxed for many years. I was in NYC on 9/11 and was so terrified of Manhattan, I ended up cancelling my touch up appointment, which was for the next week. I transitioned from 7/01 to 4/02, when I BC'd all the relaxed hair. I've been rocking two strand twists since then. I would wash once per week with tea tree oil shampoo and redken all soft heavy cream and that was it until the next week.

Since I found this board, I learned about the importance of pre-pooing (I use some left over hot six oil) and daily moisturizing. I still wash weekly, but I lose so much less hair now!! I use tea tree oil or clarifying shampoo (the Paul Mitchell generics from Sally's) followed by CON with the green print. Then, I use the heavy cream. As a leave in, I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (the real one) mixed with shea butter oil (99 cents at the BSS. ) I just started using the cantu leave-in in the jar for twisting - love that it leaves my hair so soft and is so cheap!! I spritz with diluted Infusium 23 every night followed by shea butter oil. I MTG (applied to the scalp only) two times a week and take GNC ultra nourishair plus 500mcg of MSM and 2500mcg biotin. I'm doing a modified crown & glory for the winter, so we'll see what my hair looks like in the spring. It's about armpit length stretched. I want to see how long it will get by this time next year.

OK this post is too long but I just wanted to share!!

sunshinebeautiful

I'm new to LHCF as well. I've been in lurk mode for the past month or so then I finally decided to join. I'm really impressed by the wealth of knowledge here about hair care and I'm truly excited to start my journey.

I have neck length relaxed hair. After being natural for 2 years, I decided to go ahead and get a relaxer again. I've had a relaxer before and experienced too much breakage (from a combination of factors, incl. relaxing bone straight, coloring, etc.), but I'm giving it another go round. I was afraid of using anything too strong, so I got a mild relaxer. I'm determined to keep this head of hair healthy and grow it out. My eventual goal is bra strap length hair. I don't think I can deal with hair much londer than that. lol.

I'm glad to be among all of the newbies. I look forward to seeing our progress as it unfolds. I'm sure our hair will be thanking us shortly.

CalJay

Hey all!

I don't remember when I joined sometime during the summer after viewing the board for months I finally got mad at not being able to post anything. So, I joined! Here I am! I have to admit, I have kind of given up on my hair. Its super thick and I don't have time right now to commit to it. I don't do anything to it at all right now. I had just cut it really short a month or two ago, and since then it has been far down on my list. But anyways, My goals were to have healthy hair, length didn't matter. I have spent in 5 short months about $200 on products and nothing seems to be working out. So, maybe I'll get more motivation here in a few weeks and commit myself again.
More about me! I'm 25 Pre-Med student and mother for a 9 month old little boy. I like travelling, long walks on the beach...lol anyways I think thats enough. Happy Posting!

Gold1800

Hi, another newbie here. I can't remember how I found LHCF, but have been addicted ever since. I've been lurking for a while...long enough to come up with a beginning regimen. I am currently shoulder length, hoping to get to APL sometime next year. I look forward to all of the support the sisters in hair give on this site. :)

Hi :wave:

I'm not exactly new to this forum, but new to posting. I joined in April 2005 but became a paying member recently. When i realized that i couldn't search anymore, I new I had to take the plunge:D I'm really happy I found this forum as it help me to debunk alot of myths about what my hair can and cannot do or tolerate. For example, I was always told you couldn't wash relaxed hair "too often", let alone everyday. Anyhoo so briefly my story.

At the time i found this forum I was transitioning to go natural. I was an avid braid wearer and occasional weave wearer. I went to college in the boonies so braids were my best friend. I did my big chop in April of 2005 and was having a lovely time with my NATURAL hair until the relationship went sour. Because I was new to proper hair care I did alot of experimenting with products and regimens to find the right fit. In the process i noticed alot of breakage which really confused me, because I was giving my hair MAJOR TLC. In December 2005, I broke down and got a texturizer which I HATED. Although my hair had grown alot it had all kinds of split ends (happened while i was natural) which I'd never seen before.
In February I did a corrective RELAXER and a major cut. I tried to nurse my hair back to health, didn't work. Finally i got frustrated and chop it all off to 1/4 INCH . When it was long enough i relaxed with Phyto...and right now i'm trying to grow healthy hair.

If I do go natural again I will be more educated on what works and doesn't work for my hair.

Last edited:

seemegrow

Hi everybody!! I have been a lurker for a long time. I have learned so much here, even little things like using the products I have in different and better ways. The advice given by KiniKakes,Sylver2, SistaSlick and the rest of the ladies here is invaluable. I hope to become good at twists, cornrows and braiding in general. Also healthy haircare is always on the wish list.

jenteel

hi guys!
just joined a few days ago
i heard of the site years ago but wasn't interested in growing out my hair
but after 3 major cuts in the past few years and scissor happy stylists
i am curious as 2 how long it will grow
it grows fast but i have learned from some of you helpful members
the importance of preserving and moisturizing the ends
especially with the winter approaching!
i am moving towards bsl and am excited 2 be learning all these tips
thank you ladies for the advice and inspirational albums! :D