Inversion Challenge 2017 & Beyond

Fotchygirl

I have done 2 days of inversions since joining and didn't get any side effects from it. I first massaged with castor oil then got on all fours for 5 minutes. I got a few laughs from my sisters but I don't care since my hair is longer and stronger than theirs.

gvin89

Do any of you invert during your cycle? I planned to do the 1st week of every month, but just thought about it being my cycle time as well.

Aggie

Do any of you invert during your cycle? I planned to do the 1st week of every month, but just thought about it being my cycle time as well.
My cycle does not stop me from inverting. The only time I don't is when/if I have the flu.

Jade Feria

Count me in, I'm trying to get 12 inches in 12 months!

Hair Stats: Natural
Current Length: Between BSL and MBL
Oils/Growth aids used: Netwurks Xcel 21 Spray, Hairveda Shikakai Hair Oil, Jakeala Silky Hair Oil, JBCO, Grapeseed Oil, APB Ayurvedic Oil

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still would like to hear how others are "Inverting"

Off the Bed? Which is primarily what I do.

Or like @Aggie ? Or Sitting in a Chair?

I'd like to know more how some of you other Sistas are gettin' your Inversion on.

Please Share?

Fotchygirl

I'd like to know more how some of you other Sistas are gettin' your Inversion on.

Please Share?

I do mine on all fours with my head bent down and shoulders really low. I kept sliding off off the bed so I let that go. I haven't tried @Aggie's method.

lindseyerinc

I'm in! I've never done inversion before but it sounds great.

I'm a 3c 4a natural
I'm not quite full SL
My oils I'm using are almond, and avocado and black castor. I want to buy the xcel spray

EDTA: I will be inverting by hanging my head off the bed.

Starting pic: from July 9 blow dry using tension method

Attachments

• IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Pygmy_puff

Please Share?

When I invert, I lay belly-up on my bed, and dangle my upper body (from the waist up) over the side. My bed is on risers and really high, so I have a lot of room to hang.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm in!! I'll be back with stats and a starting pic

:afropick: CURRENT LENGTH: BSL
:afropick: NATURAL
:afropick:GROWTH AIDES: I'm going to use any natural or semi natural oil. Right now I'm using Kinky Curly hair polisher
:afropick:STARTING PIC:

Attachments

• rps20161228_233018.jpg
    rps20161228_233018.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I discovered 2 new inversion positions while stretching on my exercise ball. One is a forward leaning squat and the other is a backwards arch with my hands on the floor over my head. Both positions are comfortable and I get a good stretch while I invert.

The arch is dangerous if you don't have quick reflexes. I almost fell over yesterday lol

Jade Feria

I discovered 2 new inversion positions while stretching on my exercise ball. One is a forward leaning squat and the other is a backwards arch with my hands on the floor over my head. Both positions are comfortable and I get a good stretch while I invert.

The arch is dangerous if you don't have quick reflexes. I almost fell over yesterday lol
That's a great idea! I have another reason to use mine now lol.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Question: With the inversion method, are you supposed to be seeing and looking for the growth only after 1 week?

Daina

Going to attempt to be more consistent with this again. Got off to a great start last year and went strong for 4 months and then lost momentum. I will resume inverting tomorrow on the first.
Current Length: Between MBL and WL not sure what to call it but definitely full MBL

Relaxed/Natural: Natural

Growth Aids/Oils: Xcel 21; JBCO/EVOO/Peppermint oil mix; jojoba oil; grapeseed oil; avocado oil

Starting Pic: Below

Attachments

• 20161231_074258.jpg
    20161231_074258.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20161231_074106.jpg
    20161231_074106.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 19

Guinan

Re-Branding
:afropick: CURRENT LENGTH: BSL
:afropick: NATURAL
:afropick:GROWTH AIDES: I'm going to use any natural or semi natural oil. Right now I'm using Kinky Curly hair polisher
:afropick:STARTING PIC:

:borgsmile: DAY: 1

:borgsmile: OIL: Kinky Curly Hair Polisher

:borgsmile: MASSAGE: Yes

:borgsmile: TIME: 3 min, 26 secs. Listened to Formation

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm hanging over the side of my bed now. I didn't massage my scalp since I'm in need of a serious detangling section, which won't happen until tomorrow. Day 1: done.

ETA: I inverted for 5 minutes.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm in!
Natural, kissing waist length. I'll be using Xcel21, Yerba concentrate and possibly APB hurry up and grow oil. I may also use castor oil on my nape since that's my problem area

beauti

Just completed day one. I massaged my scalp for a couple of minutes then laid on my bed and hung my head over the side, face down for 5 minutes. I used my prepoo mixture of avj, evoo, and coconut oil.

Saga

The Generous Queen
Completed today's Inversion. 4 minutes, massaged scalp with tea tree oil & coconut oil, used an electric massager.

gvin89

Last night was my first inversion....it felt funny, but I think it was due to my menstrual headache. I sprayed xcel21 on my hair, used the cream on my edges and nape, and then used oil to massage before laying on the bed with my head dangling over. I inverted for a little over 5 minutes...watched Mariah's poor NYE performance:lachen::eek::busted: